Do You Carry?

oldnavy59

Normally carry a coin I swapped for in cache, a Cetic Cross and a religous quote. I am not big into religion but I love the design of the coin. I also have a spin coin and Isle of Man coin that I have in my work bag that I normally carry with me. Forunately there is three cachers at my job and some others at work that just think it is an :):o interesting thing :ph34r::D

I have a Yawp TikiCoin converted into a zipper pull on my camera bag. He gets a lot of mileage!

zipper.jpg

I carry him around because, well..., because I think he's nifty! (and he's great for converting muggles into geocachers) :o

Tiki

PS - Sorry if I have shocked any die hard collecters by: 1 - drilling a hole in my coin, and 2 - letting it aquire a cool natural patina by hiking miles with it in the rain! :ph34r:

Edited by tiki

I used to carry a German Coin around. It was my lucky coin. One day while at the arcade I accidently spent it in a machine. Later I figured out what happened and called the company. They found the coin and gave it back. I quit carrying it daily after that but I still have it.

That coin was given to me by my grandfather when he got back from a trip to Germany. He has since passed on. The coin now has a legacy that goes with it.

No geocoins yet but you never know. I may hang one from my rear view mirror that comes to me with something of a legacy already. Actually I think I will do just that. Now it's just a question of which one.

I think I'll start carrying the geonut coin, just because it fits. I almost always have two or three coins with me. Usually what's newest. I carry a Crown Royal bag with fifty or so coins in it in my Geo-Diesel, just in case I run into a cacher and I can make their day with a load of numbers. Glen

Yup, but never the same one. : )

I feel bad that after I receive a geocoin in the mail, it usually goes right in my book, and hardly ever gets looked at or enjoyed until the next time a coin goes in the book! So when they arrive, I put them in my pocket and usually take them to work with me and line them on my desk so I can appreciate them. Some people have asked about them, now I have regulars who come to my desk to check out what the coin of the day is. Someone on the other side of the same floor keeps military challenge coins on his desk. I think the same people check them both out!

ATMouse, stop bragging! The rest of us NYers are drooling already!!!! 4 more days....!

I always carry one of my personal coins. I do so in case I need to show someone what one is, or to give it to someone who has done me a favor. Yesterday I gave one to a good Samaritan who helped me out when my car broke down. He would not take money, but was grateful for the coin.

Edited by marlin01