The First Utah Micro Trackable Geocoin (2006)

cqdx

Announcing the first Utah Micro Trackable Geocoin. This 2006 version will be shipping in early May. The coin looks great in the pictures but even better in person. Three versions available with one of them only available to Utah residents. Five percent of all coin sales will be donated to the Utah Association of Geocachers. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS

Pre-order now at http://dxcoins.com/geocoins/utahmicro

AGutfront.jpg

AGutback.jpg

ASutBack.jpg

ASutfront.jpg

Larger picture available on the pre-order website

Edited by jonutley

This was some poor planning on someones behalf since there was already plans announced and art work submitted for a differant Utah coin :laughing: . Please do not get the Utah Micro coin shown above confused with the Utah coin shown below.

Announced-Front-2006.jpgAnnounced-Back-2006.jpg

Edited by Damenace

Ok, so someone clarify please, which one, if any or both are done by the UTAG (the Utah group)? It's hard to keep up on which state coins are organization coins and which are NOT.

Lets put it this way, myself and four other members of UTAG put together a committee to mint a coin that would represent Utah. Neither myself or any of the the other UTAG members that comprised of the committee, to the best of my knowledge where aware of the Micro coin even being in the works. Please don't ask that "O" word.

Please don't get me wrong, the group doing the micro has done some very fine quality coins, I am just disappointed at the timing. It is no secret that the 1.75" Utah coin was announce March 25th both here and on the UTAG forums. Anyone that was keeping track would of seen this. Micro or not, yes they are differant coins in size but two Utah coins being sold at the same time.

I think that the people looking for "official" state coins now know that only the larger coin came from the UTAG, they will make their purchases accordingly. And then those that have lots of money to spare, well, they'll just continue to buy em all. I hope this is the case anyway, I would hate to see the UTAG coin have to compete with another coin. Poor timing to say the least.....

Just a reminder, any purchases coming through paypal for the Antique Copper Version that do not have a Utah address will be refunded. Must have a Utah address for that version. Anyone can order the Antique Silver and Antique Bronze. Thanks

I love the coin design, but the S&H is really excessive. I don't buy auctions that have inflated shipping and I'm not going to do it here, either.

[Otherwise I'd contact DH's grandparents in Utah and send a copper one to them. :) He's got a load of family in that area.]

Edited by mikeylou

To answer the question above regarding the total amount of coins

Based on sales so far 500 minimum, not more than 1000 with the Utah residents Copper version being limited to under 200

I seem to recall many state micros are done by personal people so I am glad to join that company. I think the California micro was done by someone personal and the first trade I make will be for that coin.

Thanks to all that have bought. A few people are getting refunds on the copper version because they do not have a Utah address.

It looks to me like the lion’s share of the profit will be realized in S&H.
Gotta agree with you there. A couple of micro coins would cost no more that 87 cents postage and you can buy mailers in bulk (and you'd be silly not to) so add another 25 cents for the mailer.

But... if the market can bear it then people will charge whatever they like.

Edited by 9Key

I seem to recall many state micros are done by personal people so I am glad to join that company. I think the California micro was done by someone personal and the first trade I make will be for that coin.

Ah, but that doesn't mean it was OK. Just because somebody else did it....

Strange, I have this same conversation with my young child.

Hey, is that Salt Lake City and the Delicate Arch?

I'll stay out of the pricing/representation controversy, but I really like the design. You can use the same die and sprinkle a bit of white paint and use it for Winter Edition. (and pass on the cost savings, too :()

I won't be buying any, but looking foward to see it in someone else's collection.

It looks to me like the lion’s share of the profit will be realized in S&H.
Gotta agree with you there. A couple of micro coins would cost no more that 87 cents postage and you can buy mailers in bulk (and you'd be silly not to) so add another 25 cents for the mailer.

But... if the market can bear it then people will charge whatever they like.

Yes you are right 9key, and thanks for your purchase.

Cost of shipping

17 cents for bubble mailer

15 cents for stamps.com label

14 cents for Delivery confirmation

89cents or more for postage

56 cents for 1 utah micro paypal fee for direct purchase

ebay fees for ebay listings ranges -typically around 45 cents

paying someone to keep records and stuff envelopes

all adds up. Order more coins and the shipping and handling becomes cheaper

Edited by jonutley

Kealia, you better send the Geocaching Police Squad after me because this is so WRONG

Cost of shipping

17 cents for bubble mailer

15 cents for stamps.com label

14 cents for Delivery confirmation

89cents or more for postage

56 cents for 1 utah micro paypal fee for direct purchase

ebay fees for ebay listings ranges -typically around 45 cents

paying someone to keep records and stuff envelopes

all adds up. Order more coins and the shipping and handling becomes cheaper

Silly questions...

Why are you using stamps.com when you can do the shipping direct through paypal without the extra .15 label cost?

What e-bay fees? I don't see that these are selling on ebay?

And why does someone else need to be paid to keep records and stuff envelopes... most coin sellers do it themselves? Are they an actually employee of yours that you file a W2 tax form for? you better charge for the accounting and SS taxes, etc. as well then.

Oh yes... don't forget that in order to use delivery confirmation on first class mailings it MUST be at least .75" thick at its thickest point. That is a USPS requirement! You don't want to have to deal with customers complaining they had to pay the post office extra $ to receive their coins.

Stamps.com saves my life, shipping through paypal does not work well for me. As for ebay there is a combo of this available on ebay. Are you willing to do this shipping for me for free or do I need to do a 10-99 for you?

Yes all envelopes are 3/4 inch ;)

Kealia, you better send the Geocaching Police Squad after me because this is so WRONG

Or I could have you sent to Timbuktu - but then you'd make a coin for that too I suppose. ;)

<insert shameless plug here>

Or I could have you sent to Timbuktu - but then you'd make a coin for that too I suppose. ;)

<insert shameless plug here>

Can you please tell me the name of the "official" geocaching society for Timbuktu?

Edited by jonutley

Examining the market and feeback from the forum users I am lowering the shipping and handling charges for my geocoins. I have lowered the shipping and handling to $2.45 for up to $21.99 worth of product. We will see what the response is. I humbly accept constructive criticism. Shipping to Timbuktu is a bit extra though

International is the same as domestic for the Utah Micro

Stamps.com saves my life, shipping through paypal does not work well for me. As for ebay there is a combo of this available on ebay. Are you willing to do this shipping for me for free or do I need to do a 10-99 for you?

Yes all envelopes are 3/4 inch :ph34r:

Well you can't claim the e-bay fees for the coins being sold from your web page. That only applies to the ebay sales, which I don't think anyone here was talking about yet.

Yes all envelopes are 3/4 inch :ph34r:

Well you can't claim the e-bay fees for the coins being sold from your web page. That only applies to the ebay sales, which I don't think anyone here was talking about yet.

Correct, no ebay fees for items sold on the website , only paypal fees.

2.45 for international and domestic up to 21.99 in orders then a tiered amount.

Let's cut the poor guy some slack here.

Afterall the coin will be shipped via Supreme Expedited Mega Express® with Retna Scan Delivery Confirmation with full and supplemental Earthquake and Hurricane Insurance packaged within a Titanium Reinforced Ultra Soft Comfort Supper Bubble Mailer.

Let's cut the poor guy some slack here.

Afterall the coin will be shipped via Supreme Expedited Mega Express® with Retna Scan Delivery Confirmation with full and supplemental Earthquake and Hurricane Insurance packaged within a Titanium Reinforced Ultra Soft Comfort Supper Bubble Mailer.

:ph34r: I am seriously smiling at that. Ok Phantom, free shipping for you