What Do You Do...

snowfoxrox

I own a Real Estate Auction company.

Being self employed means I can leave anytime I want to go caching. For instance, It's 1:32 in the afternoon and I'm going to leave right now and go caching. Here I go... crap.. phone's ringing....

OK, now I'm going... wait, got an appointment in 20 minutes. I'll go after. No wait I can't, got a closing this afternoon. I can go after that. It'll be dark by then. I'll have to go in the dark. Wait, can't, gotta show a house tonight.

Sounds good in theory. Maybe I should get a 9-5. At least I'd be able to call in sick every now and then. :)

Retired Ironworker Bridge Builder........ Now, Professional Slug.....Everyday is Saturday, metal detect, GPS, Canoe, travel, Hey, someone has to do it........LOL........This GPSing is my newest hobby and enjoying it a lot...Keeps me moving even in the winter. Nice buch of people in this addiction............SwampYankee

Flight Nurse (RN) on air medical helicopter.

YoursTruly.jpg

JohnTee

You look a little too anxious to perform that procedure there, John. :smile:

Seriously, you guys saved my Mom's life last year (brain aneurysm). Well, maybe not your crew personally, but the guys and gals that do what you do. Got her from Neosho to Springfield in time!

BTW, I'm a boring Field Engineer for a large third party computer maintenance provider based in Pa.

Scott

I design bras and panties for Hollywood movie stars. Yeah, yeah, thats what I do ... and I'm also taste tester for all imported beer that comes to the U.S. and, and I also go to sporting events and pose as an average fan and report back my experiences. It's a horrible job ... :smile:

And when I'm not daydreaming, I sell stuff.

I used to support my wife and kids by selling geocoins on Ebay, but then the market dropped out so now I earn a meager living by collecting slightly used golf balls from caches and selling them to driving ranges. The money's not as good, but I get to use caching as a tax write off so it all works out.

:smile:

Street cleaner... so to speak :smile:

- Chad

Along these lines, I guess I would be in the garbage removal game, if I gotcha meaning.

Haha, I new there had to be a few others on the board. If you are ever up near Calgary, let me know.

Cheers,

Chad

CPS #3693

Street cleaner... so to speak :smile:

- Chad

Along these lines, I guess I would be in the garbage removal game, if I gotcha meaning.

Haha, I new there had to be a few others on the board. If you are ever up near Calgary, let me know.

Cheers,

Chad

CPS #3693

I've heard them called sanitation engineers ...

Edited by clearpath

As I cruzed through the posts, I saw Active Duty Navy represented. I saw full time Army Guard. Then the AF contractor at E-Ring, and finally Active Duty Air Force! Myself, currently, Active Duty Air Force!!! Woo Hoo! I load what Ammoman builds onto the B-1! At least for another 3 months, then I'll be starting a new career. This one lasted over 23 years and I'm ready for something new. I'm heading for Washington State...maybe Groundspeak/geocaching.com has something for me? Could I load cache boxes with swag? you ask. :smile: How 'bout Boeing? Maybe I could load caches on their planes? :smile: I ready!

Former farm hand and tour guide, unemployment compensation clerk, stockman, security guard, factory worker, nursing home orderly, construction worker, offshore fisherman, welder, shipfitter, systems programmer, college administrator and instructor, corporate trainer, customer support manager, technical writer, webmaster, and consultant. I now manage a consulting practice for IBM.

Former farm hand and tour guide, unemployment compensation clerk, stockman, security guard, factory worker, nursing home orderly, construction worker, offshore fisherman, welder, shipfitter, systems programmer, college administrator and instructor, corporate trainer, customer support manager, technical writer, webmaster, and consultant. I now manage a consulting practice for IBM.

It would have been easier to list what you didn't do ... ;):blink::blink:

It would have been easier to list what you didn't do ... ;):blink::blink:

This calls for a Simpsons quote:

"You know, I've had a lot of jobs...boxer, mascot, astronaut, imitation Krusty, baby-proofer, trucker, hippie, plow-driver, food critic, conceptual artist, grease salesman, carny, mayor, grifter, bodyguard for the mayor, country western manager, garbage commissioner, mountain climber, farmer, inventor, Smithers, Poochie, celebrity assistant, power plant worker, fortune cookie writer, beer baron, Kwik-E-Mart clerk, homophobe, and missionary..." -- Homer Simpson

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic...

I have had a very fun and zig-zag career path, and I currently wear several hats. The main hat which I wear is this one:

I work as a recruiter (mostly via web ads) and trainer for, ahem, "field operatives" who ahem, find and harvest organs destined for transplant to needy resipients. You may have heard tales of a friend of a friend, or of your aunt's son's best friend, who, while traveling in a strange town, met an attractive member of the opposite gender (or whatever gender they prefer) in a bar, and then next thing that they knew, they awoke in pain in an ice-filled bathtub in a hotel room, with a note (instructing them to call 911 promptly for ambulance transport to a hospital) and a phone nearby, to discover one of their kidneys had been surgically harvested by professional organ thieves and that the surgical cut in their abdomen had been crudely sutured. Indeed, there are several websites which claim that these tales are merely urban legend. Conversely, there are other websites, and also some magazine articles, which scathingly refer to this activity as "Black Market Organ Harvesting". My employer (a large, suave and ultra-hip healthcare corporation which prides itself on riding the "cutting edge" in biomedical technology) feels that the reality is betwixt and between: there is a great demand for these organs, and some people are willing to pay well for them, and so this creates a healthy market for organs. That market must be satisfied, sometimes with organs obtained through a bit of deception. So our company hires bright young field technicians, aka harvesters, usually kids fresh out of college with a freshly-minted degree in biochemistry, nursing or medicine, who go out across the USA and across the world to find, ahem, involuntary organ donors.

Well, someone has to recruit and train those professional organ harvesters who, ahem, interact with travelers to screen them quickly for health and appropriate potential genetic match and the relieve them of an excess kidney (or other organ), and these harvesting technicians must also be trained as professionals to handle, store and transport the organs properly, and I am one of the seventeen recruiters/trainers employed by our fine corporation. By the way, our company stopped harvesting hearts and whole livers a few years ago, as the donors invariably never lived thru the operations, and our professional field technicians were thus technically guily of felony homicide. This created a major logistical and public relations nightmare for our esteemed corporation (which is Dun and Bradstreet listed and fully HIPAA compliant and HEDIS rated), and we now train our field technicians to harvest only kidneys and pieces of liver, and occasionally a bit of bone marrow. Some of our competitors (particularly in Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia) still do stoop to harvesting whole livers and hearts and lungs from involuntary donors at times, but our corporation takes the high road, as we feel that these latter practices put our fine industry in a bad light.

I also moonlight part-time for the space aliens, particularly the reptoid reptilians and the alien grays and their Bavarian Illumanti cohorts, helping them to identify and locate humans who are good candidates for alien abduction. In fact, we sometimes use certain geocaches to lure pre-qualified people out in the wilderness away from civilization, where they may be abducted more easily.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team