San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

OK, now for a roll call! Who is planning on meeting us at 7PM tomorrow at the 56&15 P&R to head over to do the Christmas Card Lane cache: GC2BB4? So far we have: Smiling Lady, Duganrm, Team Reid and myself.....

I just want to make sure that we don't leave anyone behind! :laughing:

add the entire Dillon Gang to that list...perhaps even the dog....leaving the turtles and cats at home

OK, now for a roll call! Who is planning on meeting us at 7PM tomorrow at the 56&15 P&R to head over to do the Christmas Card Lane cache: GC2BB4? So far we have: Smiling Lady, Duganrm, Team Reid and myself.....

I just want to make sure that we don't leave anyone behind!  :huh:

add the entire Dillon Gang to that list...perhaps even the dog....leaving the turtles and cats at home

We could make a song out of this! :laughing:

One Smiling Lady

Two from Team Reid

Three Garmin GPSs

Four with TG and Duganrm

Five more with the Dillon Gang and their dog! :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators

I just want to make sure that we don't leave anyone behind!  :(

We could make a song out of this! :P

One Smiling Lady

Two from Team Reid

Three Garmin GPSs

Four with TG and Duganrm

Five more with the Dillon Gang and their dog! :cry:

Somehow it just doesnt have the rhythm down like the song!!!!! :(:tired:

Bob aand the 3 bears (minus the 3 bears) and the Dillon Dad are heading out to old highway 80 tomorrow morning. 16 caches around there. may head up to the burma road also. anyone interested? leaving serra mesa around 7am

I'm not off until Friday...

Anyone up for some caching on Friday?

Edited by TrailGators
After climbing Gaskill Peak last Friday, Indian Head Peak Saturday, and Gaskill Peak again yesterday, followed by doing this cache today, I might be rested up enough to do some caching Friday . . . :(

Where will you want to go?

Not sure...any ideas?

I have about 25 puzzles solved and waiting to be found!

I do want to stop and get Letters to Santa! :P

Edited by TrailGators
Well....I am going to be in town the 30-2nd of January and I would like to smack around Puzzle Canyon (I.e. Rancho San Diego) and clean out the Adelos ones.

I've all of his solved to date, and I would ever so enjoy some company to point and laugh at me.  Any thoughts?

--TT--

Sign me up TT! I don't have any of those far away ones solved so that would work for me! :P But seriously, I'll take at look at them over the next couple of weeks and try to solve as many as I can! :(

:tired: Hey Jeff :cry:

The Geobabes would be happy to join you on your puzzle hunt!!

You are welcome to ask us for any hints, info., etc. that you might need!!

We are working on those puzzles to the best of our abilities!

TTFN,

Splashette & $kimmer

What is the official day of the puzzle hunt?

I'll probably be available on the 2nd.

Bob aand the 3 bears (minus the 3 bears) and the Dillon Dad are heading out to old highway 80 tomorrow morning. 16 caches around there. may head up to the burma road also. anyone interested? leaving serra mesa around 7am

I have to be at work Friday since my boss is out but I should be able to sneak out early. I wouldn't be able to show up till afternoon though... Maybe after you hike the first peak.

I have to be at work Friday since my boss is out but I should be able to sneak out early. I wouldn't be able to show up till afternoon though... Maybe after you hike the first peak.

Not sure what the plans are.... Another idea might be to hit several of the puzzles I have solved but never found....

I just want to make sure that we don't leave anyone behind!  :lol:

It looks like 2-3 of the other TrailGators might also be coming tonight! :lol:

Edited by TrailGators
Tomorrow Duganrm and I are meeting at the parking lot near Fattboy's  cache at 12:45PM to do the caches on Cowles.

Anyone that wants to join us is more than welcome!  :rolleyes:

Don't forget about my new one near the entrances to mtrp Its there, gcrn8r

I had that road cleared out already! :D

I guess I will have to try and make it over there so I can have them all done again. :lol:

Tomorrow Duganrm and I are meeting at the parking lot near Fattboy's  cache at 12:45PM to do the caches on Cowles.

Anyone that wants to join us is more than welcome!  :lol:

I had that road cleared out already! :lol:

I guess I will have to try and make it over there so I can have them all done again. :rolleyes:

...and while we are at it you can help with TT's Nuisance #4 cache (if I get stuck)! :D

P.S. Does anyone know when the Puzzle Expedition to Spring Valley is? I've been diligently solving the puzzles in preparation for it! :lol:

Anyone that wants to join us is more than welcome!  :lol:

I had that road cleared out already! :lol:

I guess I will have to try and make it over there so I can have them all done again. :rolleyes:

...and while we are at it you can help with TT's Nuisance #4 cache (if I get stuck)! :D

P.S. Does anyone know when the Puzzle Expedition to Spring Valley is? I've been diligently solving the puzzles in preparation for it! :lol:

Dont hold your breath on the #4.....course the rock pile is getting smaller.

I dont know when the puzzle thing is as I have been asking the same question.........does anybody know? If there isnt a date.......set one :lol:

Anyone that wants to join us is more than welcome!  :D

I had that road cleared out already! :D

I guess I will have to try and make it over there so I can have them all done again. :lol:

...and while we are at it you can help with TT's Nuisance #4 cache (if I get stuck)! :rolleyes:

Dont hold your breath on the #4.....course the rock pile is getting smaller.

I dont know when the puzzle thing is as I have been asking the same question.........does anybody know? If there isnt a date.......set one :lol:

Who's available January 2nd? I've logged them all, but I still like to watch. :lol:

Gonna hook up with Duncan around 10p'ish.

We haven't discussed where; I will suggest near the Counting Numbers puzzle cache, GCRK8J, which I haven't found and is on the way to the parking area.

Kaida and I might like to join. I have to do dinner with the family first and was hoping to swing by Nighthunter's Christmas lights on the way to that. Have you gotten a replacment cell phone? I might be a few minutes late...

I have one of the new Bionicles solved if that helps. ;) I also don't know the answer to Counting Numbers yet. (hadn't even looked at it). You want to meet at the posted coords?

*edit* looks like we are putting off the Christmas lights till tomorrow and I am leaving now for dinner. I should be back here in time to grab Kaida and head out.

Edited by duganrm

Duganrm, Duncan had to canel, but GD Ginger and I are still in.

Still don't have cell, but I have your # and will call you soon.

Will still meet at Counting #s cache. This is a cook puzzle; I got help on it, but it's a good one - you don't need no math degree for it.

We're looking at a six mile hike for five caches, not counting the #s cache.

Edited by Chuy

Lawson and Gaskill Caches, Monday, December 26th

I'd like to head up to do the new Gaskill caches and Lawson 4 on Monday, Dec. 26th.

I went and did the first 3 Lawson caches about 3 weeks ago and now there are some more caches too.

I can always put the seats in the back of my jeep if somebody wants to park their passenger car and ride up with me. If you'd like to drive your own vehicle be warned- it takes a decent 4wd vehicle. The first section is the toughest and it's a moderate trail afterwards.

The trip will be well worth it- 10 caches from bottom to top.

Dave

i2BBBA8A4-94EF-4DD3-A469-71345A9050F0.jpg

I really enjoyed doing Lawson 4 and would like to do Gaskill. What time are you thinking about starting? I tried to get my car up there last time but it wouldn't make it past the first couple dips. :o

Lawson/ Gaskill Caches, Monday, Dec. 26th, 10am

Meet at Miragee's Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction (GCMZCX) Which is right at the beginning of the trailhead.

If there is any interest in carpooling we can meet a bit earlier at the I-8/Lake Jennings offramp Park and Ride.

I wasn't sure how long doing all 10 caches would take compared to the hours of daylight we have. The good thing is that whatever group we have heading up there someone we'll have some advice on the best way to attack several of the caches which will save us some time.

Dave

I really enjoyed doing Lawson 4 and would like to do Gaskill. What time are you thinking about starting? I tried to get my car up there last time but it wouldn't make it past the first couple dips. :o

Meet at Miragee's Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction (GCMZCX) Which is right at the beginning of the trailhead.

If there is any interest in carpooling we can meet a bit earlier at the I-8/Lake Jennings offramp Park and Ride.

I wasn't sure how long doing all 10 caches would take compared to the hours of daylight we have. The good thing is that whatever group we have heading up there someone we'll have some advice on the best way to attack several of the caches which will save us some time.

Dave

Sounds like fun! I think the P&R idea is a good one!

Maybe meet at the I-8/Lake Jennings offramp Park and Ride at 9:30AM?

Here is a Google Earth map of the area.

46a9a7a3-1b34-4a5c-b17a-3a60bfb82f33.jpg

Edited by TrailGators

Dave

Sounds like fun! I think the P&R idea is a good one!

Maybe meet at the I-8/Lake Jennings offramp Park and Ride at 9:30AM?

Here is a Google Earth map of the area.

46a9a7a3-1b34-4a5c-b17a-3a60bfb82f33.jpg

Wall-Eyed Nutbag and I would like to be in on this if someone has a couple of extra seats in a 4WD.

Tinfoil

Wall-Eyed Nutbag and I would like to be in on this if someone has a couple of extra seats in a 4WD.  Tinfoil

You guys are welcome to ride with me but it looks like all those caches are off a dirt road.

Nobody mentioned any tough four-wheeling in the logs so I'm assuming that my Dodge can do it!

Actually since you guys are coming from Fallbrook you could meet me at the North County Mall P&R at ~8:45ish and ride down with me.... :o

00f1cc1e-9c73-4925-8cee-d37aff316d5b.jpg

Edited by TrailGators
You guys are welcome to ride with me but it looks like all those caches are off a dirt road.

Nobody mentioned any tough four-wheeling in the logs so I'm assuming that my Dodge can do it!

take a look at the Jeep picture above. That is the entrance to the road. Those first couple spots may be a little too much for your Dodge.

take a look at the Jeep picture above. That is the entrance to the road. Those first couple spots may be a little too much for your Dodge.

I saw that but it looked like the Jeep purposely took the Jeep way... B) To me it looked like I could go around that on the left side of the road....but even if I got past that part DH said it's pretty tough so I'll guess I'll be parking........

I wonder if it's easier coming from the north?...

It's a 7 mile roundtrip hike from the road not counting the climbs to the caches!

Maybe some more Jeepers will come so we can all ride!! :o

Team Reid loves doing these kind of trails!....Hey Robyn!..... B)

Edited by TrailGators

There are two ways to get Lawson/Gaskill caches - from Lyons Valley Road or from forest road on east ridge of Gaskill (see trailhead coordinates on Miragee's cache, On the Way to Gaskill). Both roads require high clearance 4-wheel drive vehicles. If you are hiking and in a group. I suggest leaving a vehicle at Lyons Valley Road then driving to forest road at east of Gaskill and hiking from there. You will have much less elevation change and from Lawson 4 to Lawson 1 is all downhill. (Use mapsource and google earth as references.)

There are two ways to get Lawson/Gaskill caches - from Lyons Valley Road or from forest road on east ridge of Gaskill (see trailhead coordinates on Miragee's cache, On the Way to Gaskill). Both roads require high clearance 4-wheel drive vehicles. If you are hiking and in a group. I suggest leaving a vehicle at Lyons Valley Road then driving to forest road at east of Gaskill and hiking from there. You will have much less elevation change and from Lawson 4 to Lawson 1 is all downhill. (Use mapsource and google earth as references.)

Thanks PT! I see what you are talking about now! Below is a Google Earth view from the north of the area.

A- Another unknown approach

B- Forest Service road / Carveacre road approach

C- Lyons Valley road approach

60303e00-905b-47b2-b54b-22c88094f317.jpg

*Can we squeeze 5 into DH's Jeep?.... :o...Assuming that we can't we could do exactly what PT recommended. That would make it about a 5-6 mile hike.....

Edited by TrailGators
*Can we squeeze 5 into DH's Jeep?.... :P...Assuming that we can't we could do exactly what PT recommended. That would make it about a 5-6 mile hike.....

Hopefully Parsa and his 4wd Xterra will be able to make it. No reason to hike when it's legal to drive. I'll bungee extra passengers to the roll bars.

Dave

*Can we squeeze 5 into DH's Jeep?.... :P...Assuming that we can't we could do exactly what PT recommended. That would make it about a 5-6 mile hike.....

Hopefully Parsa and his 4wd Xterra will be able to make it. No reason to hike when it's legal to drive. I'll bungee extra passengers to the roll bars.

Dave

B.R.A. is looking to do some caching tomorrow. We'll be at the P&R at 9:15. Can take 2 or 3 more in the Xterra.....

Dave

B.R.A. is looking to do some caching tomorrow. We'll be at the P&R at 9:15. Can take 2 or 3 more in the Xterra.....

Great! Now I won't need to help DH bungee down all those others in the back of his Jeep! :P

Edited by TrailGators

I saw that but it looked like the Jeep purposely took the Jeep way... :P To me it looked like I could go around that on the left side of the road....but even if I got past that part DH said it's pretty tough so I'll guess I'll be parking........

I wonder if it's easier coming from the north?...

It's a 7 mile roundtrip hike from the road not counting the climbs to the caches!

Maybe some more Jeepers will come so we can all ride!! :P

Team Reid loves doing these kind of trails!....Hey Robyn!..... :P

Hey All!

Wish I had known about this one earlier. I would have loved to go Jeepin', but I must do the "Husband works on Christmas, so we'll have to celebrate it the next day" gig. We're planning on going to Warner Springs to meet Steve's sister and her family (Team Showtime). I bought the boys a GPSr, so they won't have to fight over my two. Keep me posted for any future 4WD caches! You know I'm in!

Robyn :D

GD Ginger and I will be doing Gaskill tomorrow, but we need to start heading back by 10a'ish; so, we hope to hit the trail by 7a at the latest, but I'll be shooting for 6a. I have done the Lawson caches, so I'm looking forward to starting at the eastern end.

If anybody wants to carpool from Lakeside, call me if you have my cell or email me; I'll be up till 11p'ish.

GD Ginger and I will be doing Gaskill tomorrow, but we need to start heading back by 10a'ish; so, we hope to hit the trail by 7a at the latest, but I'll be shooting for 6a. I have done the Lawson caches, so I'm looking forward to starting at the eastern end.

If anybody wants to carpool from Lakeside, call me if you have my cell or email me; I'll be up till 11p'ish.

We'll be starting when you are finishing.....we need to sleep in a little on our vacation! B)

Right now it's dhsundance, blonds run amuck, duganrm and I for sure.....

See you guys at the P&R tomorrow at ~9:15am!

The official San Diego Tunnel Rat meeting is now called to order!

49448655-M.jpg

Saturday December 31st, 8am

32°56.262, 117°6.080

also know as Scripps Poway Pky @ Scripps Summit Dr

Adjacent Carl's Jr for your dining "pleasure" if you missed breakfast.

PassingWind and I will be exploring one of the longest tunnels in north San Diego, possibly 1-2 miles, and finding a good spot for a cache placement. The pic is from the tunnel entrance that I scouted with my kids...girls 13 & 10 years old! You can't be scared if a 10 year old girl will go, can you? B)

Bring 2 light sources (head lamps are great!), snacks or a lunch, shoes that you don't mind getting wet, holy water, garlic and anything else that wards off the spooks. I'm bring my camera tripod this time to get some cool pictures, un-blurry pictures.

You can email me for more info or for my cell number.