San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Glad someone else cringes at the thought of Puzzles. I am going to try one near me as I am told it is easy.....we will see........I tried one in Hawaii and did not get it but I did not give it more than 5 hours thought......not all at one time of course.

I have yet to locate the 'official" puzzle book that Trailgators has written about sadism or something like that  :(

I was actually FTF for one puzzle cache - so I know I can actually do it. :( The cringing comes when I contemplate whether I have a few hours to spend puzzling over ONE CACHE! Not usually! :unsure: But then when I went to one of the caches in "Puzzle Canyon" and had it list all the nearby caches, well, that made me cringe.

P.S. You have to solve TG's Who Are You? cache to get the coords to the humongous ammo can with his books in it.

P.P.S. to TG: See, I told you I could send some finders to your cache - now will you send me the Teacher's Edition? :mad:

I've been looking at one of Team Adelos's new puzzles......where's my darn book?!

Ah yes....here it is........

Pies lesu domine, donna eis requiem. [whack]

I thought I was done with [bleep] after Punkte and Spuren! :lol:

Edited by TrailGators
I figured out there are no directions on that page. So here are some coordinates at the other end of the parking lot... Some may want to stop there as well. :lol:

N 33° 02.058 W 116° 52.942

Hey, that's strangely close to this:

K Cache

:anibad:

Hmm, that seems odd. Wonder why that would be? :anibad:

Is there a plan for tomorrow yet? Beyond that one cache at 8am? :lol:

I figured out there are no directions on that page. So here are some coordinates at the other end of the parking lot... Some may want to stop there as well. :lol:

N 33° 02.058 W 116° 52.942

Hey, that's strangely close to this:

K Cache

:anibad:

Hmm, that seems odd. Wonder why that would be? :anibad:

Is there a plan for tomorrow yet? Beyond that one cache at 8am? :lol:

Sorry I thought we'd meet at the dead end near Road to a View at 8AM ,which is closer to the first hikes!

I figured we could do the in town ones later.....

I would also like to do The Rev. Henry Kane!

Edited by TrailGators
Sorry I thought we'd meet at the dead end near Road to a View  at 8AM ,which is closer to the first hikes!

I figured we could do the in town ones later.....

Hehe, maybe I'd better bring a couple of bikes and a trailer to hold the water :anibad:

I'd thought it woud be fun to do PW's new one:The Reverend Henry Kane in that area!

Here is a map of the area:

*Note: I am using a single digit 1-9 scale for terrain rating so divide by 2 to convert back to the GC rating.

7d8a03f8-757b-47e7-8d1b-f0ed1effccc5.jpg

Edited by TrailGators

I was suggesting the Park and Ride to cut down on vehicles (since everyone has to drive fairly close to there anyway) but if there is only 3 (or 4 if Miragee feels up to it)of us, I guess it shouldn't matter.

The Reverend Henry Kane is more of an in-town one than the others. That is of course depending on where the multi takes you.

Also, there is another cache that is just south of your map area. The only way to get to it is to come up Rainbird and drive down past the area labeled Four Corners on your map. I have been up there a few times before but never down that road far enough to be where the cache is.

I was suggesting the Park and Ride to cut down on vehicles (since everyone has to drive fairly close to there anyway) but if there is only 3 (or 4 if Miragee feels up to it)of us, I guess it shouldn't matter.

The Reverend Henry Kane is more of an in-town one than the others. That is of course depending on where the multi takes you.

Also, there is another cache that is just south of your map area. The only way to get to it is to come up Rainbird and drive down past the area labeled Four Corners on your map. I have been up there a few times before but never down that road far enough to be where the cache is.

There is a ton of parking over there. That's the same spot where everyone parked for the Cedar Falls CITO event. Plus if someone wants to bail early then their car would be right there!

The Reverend Kane has a terrain rating of 3 so I would assume that we'll be hiking to some portion of that one!

Edited by TrailGators

There is a ton of parking over there. That's the same spot where everyone parked for the Cedar Falls CITO event. Plus if someone wants to bail early then their car would be right there!

The Reverend Kane has a terrain rating of 3 so I would assume that we'll be hiking to some portion of that one!

Park on the road next to Tranquility #17 for the Rev. Kane Cache. After your done with Kane (assuming you survive!) you can head down Pappas Rd. and park for IHO: SCC Harmon cache. Call if you need any assistance....... :laughing:

PW

Park on the road next to Tranquility #17 for the Rev. Kane Cache. After your done with Kane (assuming you survive!) you can head down Pappas Rd. and park for IHO: SCC Harmon cache. Call if you need any assistance....... :laughing:

PW

Oh great! Another snail rock......"Y'all gonna die!" :P

PW can you please email me the helpline number! :D

PW

Oh great! Another snail rock......"Y'all gonna die!" :P

PW can you please email me the helpline number! :D

Yeah, right PW ... entered and sure enough there was TWO, no wait, there was FOUR. What th'?

Quite a workout and I figured that I'd come out at I-15 and Scripps-Poway Parkway. Scouted all over the place at the far end but no cigar.

When I get over it I'll log my danged DNF thank you very much. Just you wait, PW, wait until I set up Cowboy fifteen.

Helpline for seesies. Well, you know, unless you're with the Geobabes.

NOTE: When y'all do IHO Harmon don't be eatin' my can of beans, y' hear?

By the way, there's side-street parking across the road from the Rev. Kane coordinates.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Okay, I'm back from climbing Gaskill Peak with SMOKEY where he placed another cache. I also placed one near the trail to the top. :laughing:

What a fun little Jeep trail, and what a great hike . . . :P

I don't think I can make the event tonight, but would like to join the group in the morning. Where are you guys meeting at 8:00 . . . ? I'm confused . . . :D

Okay, I'm back from climbing Gaskill Peak with SMOKEY where he placed another cache. I also placed one near the trail to the top. :laughing:

What a fun little Jeep trail, and what a great hike . . . :P

I don't think I can make the event tonight, but would like to join the group in the morning. Where are you guys meeting at 8:00 . . . ? I'm confused . . . :D

We are going to meet at the K-Mart in Ramona near the K Cache at 8AM. Then we will drive over to Road to a View to start caching and work our way back towards town from there.

Edited by TrailGators
Well....I am going to be in town the 30-2nd of January and I would like to smack around Puzzle Canyon (I.e. Rancho San Diego) and clean out the Adelos ones.

I've all of his solved to date, and I would ever so enjoy some company to point and laugh at me.  Any thoughts?

--TT--

Sign me up TT! I don't have any of those far away ones solved so that would work for me! :rolleyes: But seriously, I'll take at look at them over the next couple of weeks and try to solve as many as I can! :unsure:

:D Hey Jeff :D

The Geobabes would be happy to join you on your puzzle hunt!!

You are welcome to ask us for any hints, info., etc. that you might need!!

We are working on those puzzles to the best of our abilities!

TTFN,

Splashette & $kimmer

Here are some Indian Head Peak shots:

Dodgeocachemobiles at the staging area

097b3eaa-9bdd-4aa2-b0ef-eb290bebcf38.jpg

It doesn't look toooo far

5eba02aa-db63-4753-be92-6376139e23c0.jpg

It sorta does look like an Indian Head

4f46ccd1-bb82-4229-93e8-c8e342ed95eb.jpg

Getting closer...

f7593ca7-96c2-4829-a77f-f56c176f662a.jpg

TB Party at the top

46d36cdf-b119-4b9d-a615-209bdf803440.jpg

Contemplating the return trip

895a7dd5-0b13-4cfd-9d1e-53164a768500.jpg

SDCET looking at their elevation charts in awe

e9b21424-ae80-40b8-be26-082f97838b16.jpg

P.T. and I are planning an assault on Gaskill Peak tomorrow in case anyone wants to join us.

Here is the Lil' SMOKEY T.B. surveying the view before he was put in the cache

doh. thought that was next week. Looks like I have no chance of getting tomorrow off as my boss will be out and it is just us in this office (always gotta be one of us here). Guess I will have to get it next time. :blink:

Any one want to get together and do the Christmas Card Lane cache. gc2bb4. Team Reid said it was easy to get these caches to highlight.....but I am going to have to have instruction .............again.........anyway I can go Weds or Thurs night, so just let me know if you all want to meet somewhere and tackle this as a group.

I should be available either night. I will still try to go out tonight but will start with the other lights I want to see so I may not make it that far. Either way, I am always happy to go again. :blink:

Any one want to get together and do the Christmas Card Lane cache. gc2bb4. Team Reid said it was easy to get these caches to highlight.....but I am going to have to have instruction .............again.........anyway I can go Weds or Thurs night, so just let me know if you all want to meet somewhere and tackle this as a group.

I should be available either night. I will still try to go out tonight but will start with the other lights I want to see so I may not make it that far. Either way, I am always happy to go again. :blink:

Lets see who wants to go and when. If I havent heard from anyone else it will be tomorrow night :ph34r: Am trying to get my 300 which of course I will by the end of this weekend but one more to get closer is always better :wub:

Edited by smilinglady13

I should be available either night. I will still try to go out tonight but will start with the other lights I want to see so I may not make it that far. Either way, I am always happy to go again. ;)

Lets see who wants to go and when. If I havent heard from anyone else it will be tomorrow night ;) Am trying to get my 300 which of course I will by the end of this weekend but one more to get closer is always better :)

Hey all! I think I would be up for Thursday night if you all are still planning on going. Let me know! Sounds like a blast!

Robyn

I should be available either night. I will still try to go out tonight but will start with the other lights I want to see so I may not make it that far. Either way, I am always happy to go again. :)

Lets see who wants to go and when. If I havent heard from anyone else it will be tomorrow night ;) Am trying to get my 300 which of course I will by the end of this weekend but one more to get closer is always better :)

Hey all! I think I would be up for Thursday night if you all are still planning on going. Let me know! Sounds like a blast!

Robyn

I'd like to go too! ;)

It might make sense to meet somewhere like the 56&15 Park&Ride to reduce the number of cars going over there! :cry:

Edited by TrailGators

I should be available either night. I will still try to go out tonight but will start with the other lights I want to see so I may not make it that far. Either way, I am always happy to go again. :)

Lets see who wants to go and when. If I havent heard from anyone else it will be tomorrow night :) Am trying to get my 300 which of course I will by the end of this weekend but one more to get closer is always better <_<

Robyn

Thurs night it is. Who knows where a good meeting spot would be? and state the time.

Lets see who wants to go and when. If I havent heard from anyone else it will be tomorrow night <_< Am trying to get my 300 which of course I will by the end of this weekend but one more to get closer is always better :)

Robyn

I'd like to go too! :)

It might make sense to meet somewhere like the 56&15 Park&Ride to reduce the number of cars going over there! :)

Have the meeting spot!!!! Thanks TG........now what time do you all want to meet?

Lets see who wants to go and when. If I havent heard from anyone else it will be tomorrow night <_< Am trying to get my 300 which of course I will by the end of this weekend but one more to get closer is always better :)

Robyn

I'd like to go too! :)

It might make sense to meet somewhere like the 56&15 Park&Ride to reduce the number of cars going over there! :)

Have the meeting spot!!!! Thanks TG........now what time do you all want to meet?

I would think after dinner maybe around 7.....what's everyone else think?

Lets see who wants to go and when. If I havent heard from anyone else it will be tomorrow night :) Am trying to get my 300 which of course I will by the end of this weekend but one more to get closer is always better :)

Robyn

I'd like to go too! <_<

7 pm is good for me. Gives me time to get the rest of my shopping done.......the rules are.....if things are postmarked by Christmas it is all good!!!!

I should be available either night. I will still try to go out tonight but will start with the other lights I want to see so I may not make it that far. Either way, I am always happy to go again. :huh:

Lets see who wants to go and when. If I havent heard from anyone else it will be tomorrow night :P Am trying to get my 300 which of course I will by the end of this weekend but one more to get closer is always better :D

Robyn

I'd like to go too! :D

It might make sense to meet somewhere like the 56&15 Park&Ride to reduce the number of cars going over there! :laughing:

7 pm is good for me. Gives me time to get the rest of my shopping done.......the rules are.....if things are postmarked by Christmas it is all good!!!!

OK, now for a roll call! Who is planning on meeting us at 7PM tomorrow at the 56&15 P&R to head over to do the Christmas Card Lane cache: GC2BB4? So far we have: Smiling Lady, Duganrm, Team Reid and myself.....

I just want to make sure that we don't leave anyone behind! :laughing:

I should be available either night. I will still try to go out tonight but will start with the other lights I want to see so I may not make it that far. Either way, I am always happy to go again. :D

Lets see who wants to go and when. If I havent heard from anyone else it will be tomorrow night :laughing: Am trying to get my 300 which of course I will by the end of this weekend but one more to get closer is always better :laughing:

Robyn

I'd like to go too! :P

It might make sense to meet somewhere like the 56&15 Park&Ride to reduce the number of cars going over there! :D

OK, now for a roll call! Who is planning on meeting us at 7PM tomorrow at the 56&15 P&R to head over to do the Christmas Card Lane cache: GC2BB4? So far we have: Smiling Lady, Duganrm, Team Reid and myself.....

I just want to make sure that we don't leave anyone behind! :huh:

Exactly where is the park N ride? I looked at the PNR map and there are several right in that area.

Well....I am going to be in town the 30-2nd of January and I would like to smack around Puzzle Canyon (I.e. Rancho San Diego) and clean out the Adelos ones.

I've all of his solved to date, and I would ever so enjoy some company to point and laugh at me.  Any thoughts?

--TT--

Sign me up TT! I don't have any of those far away ones solved so that would work for me! :laughing: But seriously, I'll take at look at them over the next couple of weeks and try to solve as many as I can! :P

:laughing: Hey Jeff :huh:

The Geobabes would be happy to join you on your puzzle hunt!!

You are welcome to ask us for any hints, info., etc. that you might need!!

We are working on those puzzles to the best of our abilities!

TTFN,

Splashette & $kimmer

What is the official day of the puzzle hunt?