San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

2) According to DHSundance and Parsa the Palomar Divide road and High Point are passable in a 2WD.

I drove up the Palomar Divide Rd to the Tower Lookout in my Corolla this past summer. Yes, I grounded in a few places, but only 'cause I was rushing to get home. I wouldn't do it again, but it's doable - er, it was before the rains.

I am out for Saturday, but may make it on Sunday - early.

Did the Rangers say what time the gate opens in the morning? If not, please email me the # so I can call them. Thanks.

:blink:;):unsure: Wow, I used to read this thread to see where everyone was going caching in hopes of someday joining you...now I read it to see if Smilinglady13 and TrailGator are mad at each other. Can someone please fill me in? Are you guys just kidding? I thought you were caching buddies? I hope so. Everyone have fun where-ever you go.....I can't figure out where you're going or with who this week!!! We were gonna go to Hollenbeck but Cegrube's kitty cat has me too scared!!! jahoadi
;)  :unsure:  ;) Wow, I used to read this thread to see where everyone was going caching in hopes of someday joining you...now I read it to see if Smilinglady13 and TrailGator are mad at each other.  Can someone please fill me in?  Are you guys just kidding? I thought you were caching buddies?  I hope so.  Everyone have fun where-ever you go.....I can't figure out where you're going or with who this week!!!  We were gonna go to Hollenbeck but Cegrube's kitty cat has me too scared!!!  jahoadi

I know I'm not a local anymore and this thread is for locals, but I have been watching it. IMHO - If it's talked about here, it should be open to anyone who wants to go! Otherwise plan it completely off-line from this thread. That's All. RM

:blink:

P.S. - "Can't we all just get along?" :P

2) According to DHSundance and Parsa the Palomar Divide road and High Point are passable in a 2WD.

I drove up the Palomar Divide Rd to the Tower Lookout in my Corolla this past summer. Yes, I grounded in a few places, but only 'cause I was rushing to get home. I wouldn't do it again, but it's doable - er, it was before the rains.

I am out for Saturday, but may make it on Sunday - early.

Did the Rangers say what time the gate opens in the morning? If not, please email me the # so I can call them. Thanks.

They said they were opening it this morning!

:blink:  ;)  :unsure: Wow, I used to read this thread to see where everyone was going caching in hopes of someday joining you...now I read it to see if Smilinglady13 and TrailGator are mad at each other.  Can someone please fill me in?  Are you guys just kidding? I thought you were caching buddies?  I hope so.  Everyone have fun where-ever you go.....I can't figure out where you're going or with who this week!!!  We were gonna go to Hollenbeck but Cegrube's kitty cat has me too scared!!!  jahoadi

IMHO - If it's talked about here, it should be open to anyone who wants to go! Otherwise plan it completely off-line from this thread.

Edit: First of all, that person is going to McGinty already. Secondly, I am against behind the back planning that purposely excludes people. Let's call a spade a spade and be open and honest about the whole deal....Somebody took a cheap shot at me so I don't want to be around that person this week. Finally, there's nothing wrong with asking others to join me for an alternative outing from the McGinty outing. More alternatives is a good thing for many! ;)

Edited by TrailGators
Hey Pat, can you repost what the plan is for Palomar tomorrow?

I was thinking about riding/caching Mission Trails but I've been wanting to do Palomar for a long time and MTRP can wait.

So, what's the plan for meeting, what time, and what caches were you hoping to go for?

Hi Toby, Since you are coming from Ramona. I would recommend meeting us at 9AM at 79 and Palomar Divide road. The Splashes are going to meet us there if they can make it. You may want to hookup with Duganrm and Rogue who are also coming up from Ramona. Several of us are also meeting at Nessie is Good Eats at 8AM but that would be out of the way for you guys. The map below shows the caches that we are doing.

4a96b6c4-de20-47a8-9d5c-84a393bccde2.jpg

* Please let me know where you will meet us so we don't wait in Fallbrook longer than we have to! :unsure:

Edited by TrailGators
Hey Pat, can you repost what the plan is for Palomar tomorrow?

I was thinking about riding/caching Mission Trails but I've been wanting to do Palomar for a long time and MTRP can wait.

So, what's the plan for meeting, what time, and what caches were you hoping to go for?

Hi Toby, Since you are coming from Ramona. I would recommend meeting us at 9AM at 79 and Palomar Divide road. The Splashes are going to meet us there if they can make it. You may want to hookup with Duganrm and Rogue who are also coming up from Ramona. Several of us are also meeting at Nessie is Good Eats at 8AM but that would be out of the way for you guys. The map below shows the caches that we are doing.

4a96b6c4-de20-47a8-9d5c-84a393bccde2.jpg

* Please let me know where you will meet us so we don't wait in Fallbrook longer than we have to! :unsure:

Sounds good to me. I'll meet you at your recommened meeting spot at 9.

We're going out to the coast to do some caching as a family right now (that doesn't happen very often) but when we get back I'll load the caches in the area and be ready to go.

Richard, are you still going? Want to ride with me or do you want to caravan?

BTW, is that monolith still hovering over Palomar? We're not going to be beamed up anywhere are we?

See you guys, Jerry.

BTW, is that monolith still hovering over Palomar? We're not going to be beamed up anywhere are we?

It might still be there.... :blink:

I'm surprised that Harmon hasn't chimed in yet saying "Y'all Gonna Die!" :unsure:

You just gave me an idea for the name of a new cache I might place out there tomorrow! ;)

Edited by TrailGators

It might still be there.... :blink:

I'm surprised that Harmon hasn't chimed in yet saying "Y'all Gonna Die!" :unsure:

You just gave me an idea for the name of a new cache I might place out there tomorrow! ;)

Y'all gonna die ...

Sorry to be late but I've been busy on the new YMS layout.

Harmon

Anyone game for this caching adventure? :blink:

:blink::blink::blink:

YAHOO YAHOO YAHOO YAHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Geobabes are in for sure, first in line!!!!

Where do we sign up????

:P:P Splashette

If this doesn't get my wife firmly involved with Geocaching, nothing will.

if you plan it...they will come!

....and so will we!!!! :blink:

Edited by The Dillon Gang
Did you see the description for San Diego caches?  No one elses were described as "very nice". 

Thanks Duganrm for dropping off a new container for Grey Matters.  I was planning go to head up there with Snake & Rooster, but one of my daughters got food poisoning or something; she kept us up all night and messed up our bed icon8.gif.

What do I owe ya?

Sounds like fun! :blink:

Edited by TrailGators

Some SDCET photos from Palomar Divide this past weekend:

a5af3439-8791-4454-be29-8fef716e961f.jpg

A Unique Fixer-Upper Opportunity!

d5cc7b2c-0a28-4ecf-82ef-c1e28ccdf2bb.jpg

The gang looking for a Splash cache.

Note that Duganrm's '67 Mustang made the entire drive including High Point!

750fa407-e240-430c-be35-0f424472263b.jpg

View to the east of Bob's Valley taken near Duganrm's new cache:

40f20baf-e282-432a-8042-d7e6d03eb41e.jpg

Wall-Eyed Nutbag taking in the view from High-Point Lookout Tower.

456d6784-08ff-4279-bd73-4bcd17f5ae63.jpg

View through the tower...

f86610df-d59a-4329-9dda-d13ccb2560a7.jpg

Hey who's that down there?

fc349fb9-56e0-46ba-a5f5-7c33c58dbc40.jpg

F.Y.I. The Flintstones aren't able to host the Feb. campout, so as for now, it's cancelled.

However, that doesn't mean that someone else can't do it!!!!

Any volunteers??????????

We may want to discuss with SKILLET.

He and I just received final notice that the San Diego County Geocachers have just Adopted-A-Highway along a two mile stretch of highway in the Ocotillo Wells area.

We could incorporate a CITO / Camp-out Event all into one....?

PassingWind

Let us know if you do a CITO event in Ocotillo wells. We have a great relationship with the rangers out there and I'm sure we would get their full support. I know Feb was mentioned as a possibillity. What dates? I can tell you right now that the weekend of the 11th will not work for us. I'll be comming back on a red eye from Honolulu. (business trip...I know, I know.....you're heart bleeds for me.) and then the San Diego Supercross is Saturday night at the stadium. :unsure:

Actually just now looking at my calendar.....the month of March would really work for us. And I would be more then happy to help organize/host the event. However, if you need to do it in Feb.....ya gotta do it. :blink:

Let us know if you do a CITO event in Ocotillo wells.  We have a great relationship with the rangers out there and I'm sure we would get their full support.  I know Feb was mentioned as a possibillity.  What dates?  I can tell you right now that the weekend of the 11th will not work for us.  I'll be comming back on a red eye from Honolulu.  (business trip...I know, I know.....you're heart bleeds for me.) and then the San Diego Supercross is Saturday night at the stadium.  :blink: 

Actually just now looking at my calendar.....the month of March would really work for us.  And I would be more then happy to help organize/host the event.  However, if you need to do it in Feb.....ya gotta do it.    :lol:

Feb is a bad month for me myself. I know I'm just one person. :unsure:

Edited by Team Fatman

I have 7 acres in Ocotillo Wells ,1 block south of the Iron Door, What PW (Jason) and I had thought about was doing the CITO and then I would host the picnic at my place afterwards. IF anyone wanted to spend the night they could. I only have room for maybe 10 or so motor homes, but unlimited space for tents. If we made this an event, I wouldn’t want to turn people away because of no room. :unsure: I don’t mind opening up my place for an event. Or we could do the Camp out not far from the showers/restroom near the Ranger station. We could have two events, One a CITO and one a Campout. :P Any help getting this together would sure help. I agree some time in March would be better, the weather is usually better too. Any one else out there have any suggestions or wants to help. :P Team Geogeeks have added their support. :huh::huh:B)

Edited by SKILLET
Anyone caching this weekend?  :P  Unfortunately, probably not me, but where'd everyone go!?!  :(

I think we decided not to post any events this weekend due to other things already going on.

Saturday is Bikedog's Memorial in the Elfin Forest.

Sunday is the SDGCC Monthly Meet, Greet and Swap!

To answer your question though, Rogue and I will be caching this weekend. Tomorrow morning we will be going up Eagle Peak and we still haven't decided on where to go Sunday.

I have 7 acres in Ocotillo Wells ,1 block south of the Iron Door, What PW (Jason) and I had thought about  was doing the CITO and then I would host the picnic at my place afterwards. IF anyone wanted to spend the night they could. I only have room for maybe 10 or so motor homes, but unlimited space for tents. If we made this an event, I wouldn’t want to turn people away because of no room. :(  I don’t mind opening up my place for an event. Or we could do the Camp out not far from the showers/restroom near the Ranger station.  We could have two events, One a CITO and one a Campout. :P  Any help getting this together would sure help.  I agree some time in March would be better, the weather is usually better too. Any one else out there have any suggestions or wants to help. :wub:  Team Geogeeks have added their support. :P  :P  :P

Caching in the desert again? Yes!!! My little Honda had fun. We'll watch for the dates and hopefully we'll be there. March is open for us. What kind of help do you need? We'll help! :( Jahoadi an John

Anyone caching this weekend?  :(  Unfortunately, probably not me, but where'd everyone go!?!  :P

I think we decided not to post any events this weekend due to other things already going on.

Saturday is Bikedog's Memorial in the Elfin Forest.

We didn't post anything out of respect for Bikedog, his family and friends. Many of us didn't know Bikedog but our thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and his friends today....

What is this?? Nothing being planned for the weekend?

I'm going to Pasadena for the next three days, but when I get back I expect to see something going on here!

How's this for advance notice: The first weekend in Feb. I'm thinking of doing some caches with Kawikaturn in MTRP by MTB if anyone wants to ride along.

GCPTYV, GCR9RA, GCRDK0, GCRCDE, GCR9RJ, GCR9RQ and GC183D. (Maybe more, maybe less; depends on how pooped-out I get.

I'm going to Pasadena for the next three days, but when I get back I expect to see something going on here!

How's this for advance notice: The first weekend in Feb. I'm thinking of doing some caches with Kawikaturn in MTRP by MTB if anyone wants to ride along.

GCPTYV, GCR9RA, GCRDK0, GCRCDE, GCR9RJ, GCR9RQ and GC183D. (Maybe more, maybe less; depends on how pooped-out I get.

Too bad I get pooped before you do! By the way that is Superbowl weekend but Saturday is OK. I've been wanting to hike up the Fortunas and get those caches!

Too bad I get pooped before you do! By the way that is Superbowl weekend but Saturday is OK. I've been wanting to hike up the Fortunas and get those caches!

Oops, I forgot about that minor sporting event.

So what's going this weekend? The Fortunas on Sunday maybe?

Dan-oh has a new cache coming out soon. The gauntlet has been laid down! Sounds intriguing! I know it's for only one :) but it's gotta beat finding 10 LPCs! :)

I was suggesting that for Superbowl Saturday. Sunday's are bad for me because my son has hockey games every Sunday.....except for Superbowl Sunday! :)

Have you ever hiked up Gower? I really want to do that one before it gets hot!

I was suggesting that for Superbowl Saturday. Sunday's are bad for me because my son has hockey games every Sunday.....except for Superbowl Sunday! :)

I tried once and didn't make it. There are a couple caches up there I've been wanting to get for a while now.

I tried once and didn't make it. There are a couple caches up there I've been wanting to get for a while now.

Did you try it when it was too hot? I was looking at the coords that Flagman and Ruscal posted using Google Earth. I don't think the bushwhacking would be as bad this time of year but it looks like a good cardio workout. The Gunn Stage approach looks a lot longer but it also looks a lot more gradual....

Here is a topo that RM plotted when we were going to do it last May.

He said it was 2.1 miles each way with a 1052 foot vertical gain.

c6272442-6e3c-4855-b8c3-916d34880e5f.jpg

I wonder why somebody didn't put a cache up on the peak? Maybe it's a real bear to get to.....

The other caches I want to do out there are the 3 Sisters Waterfall cache, 3 Sisters Photo cache and Penny Mine.

Edited by TrailGators

Did you try it when it was too hot? I was looking at the coords that Flagman and Ruscal posted using Google Earth. I don't think the bushwhacking would be as bad this time of year but it looks like a good cardio workout. The Gunn Stage approach looks a lot longer but it also looks a lot more gradual....

Here is a topo that RM plotted when we were going to do it last May.

He said it was 2.1 miles each way with a 1052 foot vertical gain.

c6272442-6e3c-4855-b8c3-916d34880e5f.jpg

I wonder why somebody didn't put a cache up on the peak? Maybe it's a real bear to get to.....

The other caches I want to do out there are the 3 Sisters Waterfall cache, 3 Sisters Photo cache and Penny Mine.

There's also ''...on top of the world , ma ...'' on Gower. It could be a two-fer.

My son and I tried to ride our bikes up from Gunn Stage. It was too hard so we turned back.