San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

B.R.A. has just come out of their coma.....any "meet-up" plans prior to theTemecula Event this Sunday? :D

I plan on heading up in the morning to spend the day caching(leaving Ramona around 8am). I have started working on some of the puzzles in the area to keep them as options too. I haven't gotten any firm plans out of anyone else.

I might go to but I want to get home at a decent hour. The event starts at 4PM.

We would love to meet up with anyne who has a good map :cute::D:cute: Let's pick a spot somewhere off the 15 for, say, 9am??

B.R.A. has just come out of their coma.....any "meet-up" plans prior to theTemecula Event this Sunday? :D

I plan on heading up in the morning to spend the day caching(leaving Ramona around 8am). I have started working on some of the puzzles in the area to keep them as options too. I haven't gotten any firm plans out of anyone else.

We would love to meet up with anyne who has a good map :cute::D:cute: Let's pick a spot somewhere off the 15 for, say, 9am??

How about the Park&Ride at El Norte&15? We've met there before...

I was going to recommend the Park and Ride at 15 and the 56/Ted Williams Parkway. :cute:

thinking of heading up there without the rest of the gang. i can stop at the P/R at 15 and Ted Williams and pickup up people. the truck holds six people if ya feel friendly. then meet up at the other park and ride farther up.

Edited by The Dillon Gang

I was going to recommend the Park and Ride at 15 and the 56/Ted Williams Parkway. :cute:

thinking of heading up there without the rest of the gang. i can stop at the P/R at 15 and Ted Williams and pickup up people. the truck holds six people if ya feel friendly. then meet up at the other park and ride farther up.

Sounds good to me! My truck holds 6 too.

I was going to recommend the Park and Ride at 15 and the 56/Ted Williams Parkway. :D

It isn't that much more driving for me to get to El Norte and 15. No reason to make an extra stop for me. Also gives me a chance to try for a couple more caches near that Park and ride. (already done all the ones near the other one) Of course that means I need to make sure I get Rogue out the door on time. [:cute:]

It isn't that much more driving for me to get to El Norte and 15. No reason to make an extra stop for me. Also gives me a chance to try for a couple more caches near that Park and ride. (already done all the ones near the other one) Of course that means I need to make sure I get Rogue out the door on time. [ :cute: ]

The other group may want to hit the 10 new "Taking a Drive on Old 395" caches on the way up! :D

(We've already hit them)

[i might go to but I want to get home at a decent hour. The event starts at 4PM.

Check with C4 I had a email today and they said 2 pm ??????????????

Yep, duganrm is correct. The 2 PM start is for real newbies. We have some people from the church interested in learning more about this, and we have had quite a few cachers will low find counts ask for help learning the ropes. Tizman has taken the time to hide a dozen temporary caches around the church grounds that we will use to help people get started. He actually did some mock up caching pages so they get the feel for the thing.

The main meet and greet will be at 4PM.

I plan on driving up from the border early in the morning and getting caches along the way, just in case anyone from the Southbay is interested. I attended the last one and left around 5:30 PM which gave me some time for visiting at least and I still got home fairly early.

And I'll be lookin' forward to visiting with you again! :D

Hey guys,

There are going to be a number of new caches (close to 3 dozen) that should be released in the Temecula area on Saturday evening around 8:00 or so. I am going to be watching for them.

I am going out after them after they come out but would like to see how some of you veterans tackle these. Anyone game for Saturday evening caching in Temecula/Murrieta area?

-Steve

We would love to meet up with anyne who has a good map :D:huh::huh: Let's pick a spot somewhere off the 15 for, say, 9am??

Is anyone meeting Duganrm, Rogue and I at the Park&Ride at El Norte at 9AM on Sunday morning? Sounds like their will be a ton of caches up there! :P

I'm planning to head towards Temecula sometime around 9:00-10:00 AM and stay through the coin club meeting. My schedule is always uncertain enough that I would not want to have someone depend on me for getting back to town at a specific time, however, I'd love to hook up with some local folks to do some caching prior to the event.

I will try to meet you all at El Norte at 9:00 if that is OK with you all.

Jeff / drexotic

I'm planning to head towards Temecula sometime around 9:00-10:00 AM and stay through the coin club meeting. My schedule is always uncertain enough that I would not want to have someone depend on me for getting back to town at a specific time, however, I'd love to hook up with some local folks to do some caching prior to the event.

I will try to meet you all at El Norte at 9:00 if that is OK with you all.

Jeff / drexotic

Sure that's fine. I think our plan will be to head right up to the Murrieta area and hit the caches up there. It makes more sense for us to hit the farther northern ones since we are going to be in that area for the event anyhow. I still have ton to do in southern Temecula but those can wait for another day. Below is a map of the Murrieta area. There are 100 caches just in this map! Plus they are planting another 30 in this area tomorrow!!! Woo Hoo!!!

79ce24f0-3795-44f4-9f02-b42bce86e013.jpg

Sure that's fine. I think our plan will be to head right up to the Murrieta area and hit the caches up there. It makes more sense for us to hit the farther northern ones since we are going to be in that area for the event anyhow. I still have ton to do in southern Temecula but those can wait for another day. Below is a map of the Murrieta area. There are 100 caches just in this map! Plus they are planting another 30 in this area tomorrow!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Great! I'll sync the Cachemate and Garmin with the new caches and meet you all at 9:00!

Jeff

Great! I'll sync the Cachemate and Garmin with the new caches and meet you all at 9:00!

Jeff

Unfortunately, I think we've done all of the caches on this map :lol:

If anyone gets stuck on any of these and needs a lifeline, feel free to call. I won't put my cell number on the forum, but there are a number of people attending that have it. Alternately, you can email us and I'll email you back the number if you want it.

--Rich

[quote name=Snake & Rooster

Unfortunately, I think we've done all of the caches on this map :lol:

If anyone gets stuck on any of these and needs a lifeline, feel free to call. I won't put my cell number on the forum, but there are a number of people attending that have it. Alternately, you can email us and I'll email you back the number if you want it.

--Rich

Rich, Thanks for the offer of support. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event.

Jeff

Does anybody like S Fortuna for breakfast?

We were going to do those but after the rain it may be better to wait a week until it drys out. So we are headed back to Puzzle Valley to pick off some more puzzles! A good spot to meet would be at 3B3 "Down and Dirty" at around 9:15ish....

Ok, you talked me into it. :P Puzzle valley it is. There's no better way to find a puzzle cache then to hang out with someone that has already figured it out.

I'm finally getting my better half to go. We probably will go for pizza later too.

We were going to do those but after the rain it may be better to wait a week until it drys out. So we are headed back to Puzzle Valley to pick off some more puzzles! A good spot to meet would be at 3B3 "Down and Dirty" at around 9:15ish....

Ok, you talked me into it. :P Puzzle valley it is. There's no better way to find a puzzle cache then to hang out with someone that has already figured it out.

I'm finally getting my better half to go. We probably will go for pizza later too.

Sounds good! My better half is not. When I asked her she said: "Do I have to?" :P

You can lead a horse to water.......

Is anybody thinking of sledding and caching today?!

[edit]........too late we just got back! :rolleyes: Julian looks like it got about a foot of snow! It was worth the drive because we don't get to see the white stuff too often! We even found one cache! Woo Hoo!

8a96f698-318b-470d-914a-f92c3f2059ab.jpg

bf9d502f-481e-4a47-a030-580c52a34fe7.jpg

Edited by TrailGators

[edit]........too late we just got back! :P Julian looks like it got about a foot of snow! It was worth the drive because we don't get to see the white stuff too often! We even found one cache! Woo Hoo!

8a96f698-318b-470d-914a-f92c3f2059ab.jpg

We went up to Palomar today - besides not having any of the caches in the GPSr, we weren't really in the mood for excavation caching :P . It was gorgeous though - there were still piles of snow up in the trees (although plenty found its way down onto our heads). And relatively quiet - great sledding. We brought a load of snow back with us but it didn't last long! Took lots of video and only two stills:

e1d45021-176d-46e0-b47e-2b7bbead37a6.jpg

3db49d4a-0e1a-4247-a6b9-632c66153411.jpg

edit

Sounds like a good possible breakfast for this Saturday if it isn't raining again!

I'm up for it, but I did hear there's a chance of rain Friday night into Saturday. (Remember, I'm just the messenger)

I won't shoot! :P

But you're right...crap!

42556bf8-4ba0-41d9-a80d-ccc61cce72b1.jpg

I have an idea! Let's plan it for Wednesday. Then it will rain on Wednesday instead of Saturday! :P

Edited by TrailGators

[edit]........too late we just got back! :D Julian looks like it got about a foot of snow! It was worth the drive because we don't get to see the white stuff too often! We even found one cache! Woo Hoo!

We went up to Palomar today - besides not having any of the caches in the GPSr, we weren't really in the mood for excavation caching :P . It was gorgeous though - there were still piles of snow up in the trees (although plenty found its way down onto our heads). And relatively quiet - great sledding. We brought a load of snow back with us but it didn't last long! Took lots of video and only two stills:

e1d45021-176d-46e0-b47e-2b7bbead37a6.jpg

Looks like fun. Were you in the main park? How crowded was it?

Hindsight says we should have gone there.....next time....

Anyhow, it is supposed to rain there on Saturday too, but if it doesn't........ :P