San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Wow! Awesome pics Pat!!!!!!!  B)  B)

Wish we could have joined you guys, but Splashman had to work, and we are already planning a trip up there in the Jeep with Vulture & $kimmer.

We'll let everyone know what day in case others may want to go as well.

Did you guys make a loop out of it???

Splashette  B)

We started at Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction cache and drove all the way through to Carveacre road where we exited. That is the way you guys should do it! The Xterra made it but suffered some damage to her siderails. There are some narly spots! Barbara is a very good driver but a Jeep would be better suited for this trail.

Edited by TrailGators
SDCET does Lawson 4 and Gaskill caches today!

Barbara loved this drive up to Larson 4 in her Xterra!  B)

e3920b69-7841-4144-97b1-aa25463aa2a4.jpg

Wow, that's --- uh -- very impressive! I'm surprised you all weren't hanging out the windows on the high side! B)

That wasn't the scariest moment by a longshot! There were several much more unnerving ones....But the one moment that freaked me out the worst is when the Xterra rocked forward because it slid down into a deep hole and both rear wheels came off the ground! I should have taken a photo as I was out in front with the camera but my bottom jaw was on the ground. B)

Wow, that's --- uh -- very impressive! I'm surprised you all weren't hanging out the windows on the high side! B)

That wasn't the scariest moment by a longshot! There were several much more unnerving ones....But the one moment that freaked me out the worst is when the Xterra rocked forward because it slid down into a deep hole and both rear wheels came off the ground! I should have taken a photo as I was out in front with the camera but my bottom jaw was on the ground. B)

It sounds like that Xterra is ready for the next Moab trip. B)

[snip]

It sounds like that Xterra is ready for the next Moab trip. B)

It would do fine in Moab! B) But I don't think that pickup truck that was with us in Moab would have made it through the Larson trail today....

Edited by TrailGators

Finally had my fingers pried off the sterring wheel...not to often I come home from a caching day with parts of my car zip tied to the roof rack.... B) All I heard all day was Harmons voice "Y'all gonna die" B)

Finally had my fingers pried off the sterring wheel...not to often I come home from a caching day with parts  of my car zip tied to the roof rack.... B)  All I heard all day was Harmons voice "Y'all gonna die" B)

Well, it could have been worse, I guess! B)

ouch.jpg

Wow! Awesome pics Pat!!!!!!! B)B)

Wish we could have joined you guys, but Splashman had to work, and we are already planning a trip up there in the Jeep with Vulture & $kimmer.

We'll let everyone know what day in case others may want to go as well.

Did you guys make a loop out of it???

Splashette B)

Wished I could have joined you but Miragee and i were out saving lives and taking pictures of vehicles on fire.........and then taking my poor jeep in for new Struts in the big town of Ridegecrest..........the pictures look sooooo great.......I am hoping you all plan something like this shortly.

what is planned for this weekend........anything exciting.......???????

so far I know TT is coming to town and Dan-oh is planing to go below ground.

I will go below ground.......and hopefully that wont be the same day as the puzzles.

I was wondering depending on the puzzle day if anyone wanted to go get Nighthunters Stone Ruinations caches?

I will go below ground.......and hopefully that wont be the same day as the puzzles.

I was wondering depending on the puzzle day if anyone wanted to go get Nighthunters Stone Ruinations caches?

Does it require 4WD? :o

Tunnel Rat Day is the 31st. Dan-oh posted all the info on the previous page but here is the link.

The Stone Ruination caches sound cool! I also want to do the Couch Series and McGinty. Sounds like a lot of SDCET Events for 2006! :o

Barb is your Xterra feeling better today? :o

I dont know if the ruinations require a 4wd nor the tunnels.......I am looking forward to a grand year of geocaching.......starting Friday evening and this whole weekend.......

I am just waiting to see when TT can do the puzzles....hopefully the 2nd so QDMan can go along.....

That would leave Sunday for something.......

I dont know if the ruinations require a 4wd nor the tunnels.......I am looking forward to a grand year of geocaching.......starting Friday evening and this whole weekend.......

I am just waiting to see when TT can do the puzzles....hopefully the 2nd so QDMan can go along.....

That would leave Sunday for something.......

I have a hunch that TT will be caching everyday that he's out here....I know I won't be afforded the same luxury so I'll have to figure out which outing I will be able to break away for.....

Edited by TrailGators

I am pretty sure Princess Toadstool has done most of them with her PT Cruiser so I don't think you will need 4WD.

I don't know if there is enough time to do the puzzles and stone ruinations in the same day. I am up for anything though. Always willing to go out and cause myself more pain. :o My knees hurt after the weekend. Work feels like taking a day off to relax. :)

I am pretty sure Princess Toadstool has done most of them with her PT Cruiser so I don't think you will need 4WD.

I don't know if there is enough time to do the puzzles and stone ruinations in the same day. I am up for anything though. Always willing to go out and cause myself more pain. :o My knees hurt after the weekend. Work feels like taking a day off to relax. :)

My personal preference would be to do the Stone Ruination caches this weekend...I enjoy the great outdoor caches the most! :)

Duganrm and I am talked about doing the Eagle Peak caches tomorrow or Thursday....I know I need to keep hiking if I'm ever going to be able to do Devil's Jumpoff without being really sore the next day! :o I'm going to do a bunch of chores today to earn some more caching time! :o

My personal preference would be to do the Stone Ruination caches this weekend...I enjoy the great outdoor caches the most! :)

Duganrm and I am talked about doing the Eagle Peak caches tomorrow or Thursday....I know I need to keep hiking if I'm ever going to be able to do Devil's Jumpoff without being really sore the next day! :o I'm going to do a bunch of chores today to earn some more caching time! :o

I want to do the Ruinations also.......Miragee told me about them and said they are great. Plus there are a whole bunch more in that area.........to me I would rather do these than those puzzles........UGH........but I am still trying to get one solved thanks to the owner.......

I want to do the Ruinations also.......Miragee told me about them and said they are great. Plus there are a whole bunch more in that area.........to me I would rather do these than those puzzles........UGH........but I am still trying to get one solved thanks to the owner.......

I like solving puzzles but never seem to find the time to find them. So I load the ones I've solved into my geepus and if I happen to be in the area I'll find them....

Anyhow here are 10 SDCET outings I'd like to see us do in early 2006 (in no particular order):

1) Ruinations caches

2) Couch caches

3) McGinty caches

4) Eagle Peak caches

5) Mount Gower caches

6) Old Highway 80 caches

7) Oak Oasis caches

8) Iron Mountain: Ellie Lane loop caches

9) Lake Poway/Woodson caches

10) Devil's Jumpoff

* I like to do hikes when it's cool out and save the urbans, puzzles and coastal caches for when it gets hot. Of course I'm always game for suggestions! :o

I like solving puzzles but never seem to find the time to find them. So I load the ones I've solved into my geepus and if I happen to be in the area I'll find them....

Anyhow here are 10 SDCET outings I'd like to see us do in early 2006 (in no particular order):

1) Ruinations caches

2) Couch caches

3) McGinty caches

4) Eagle Peak caches

5) Mount Gower caches

6) Old Highway 80 caches

7) Oak Oasis caches

10) Devil's Jumpoff

* I like to do hikes when it's cool out and save the urbans, puzzles and coastal caches for when it gets hot. Of course I'm always game for suggestions! :o

Those groupings look great........a million or so caches to be found!!!!!

Pick one announce the time and they will come!!!! I wish I was off during this week and I would cache away but.........people seem to be sick year round.....so I am waiting for this next 3 day weekend.......YIPPEE......

1) Ruinations caches

2) Couch caches

3) McGinty caches

4) Eagle Peak caches

5) Mount Gower caches

6) Old Highway 80 caches

7) Oak Oasis caches

10) Devil's Jumpoff

* I like to do hikes when it's cool out and save the urbans, puzzles and coastal caches for when it gets hot. Of course I'm always game for suggestions!  :o

I still need all but #8 on that list but willing to go to all of them. :o Might also want to add Blue Sky to #9 if you haven't done it. (I did Blue Sky and Woodson but still need some Poway ones)

Here are a couple other series I have on my list. There are others that I haven't spotted in the county yet. I also know of many single cache hikes I would like to get to.

*3 Sisters Waterfalls

*Cedar Creek Falls

*Blair Valley (pretty much anything in the desert)

*Black Mountain

*El Capitain

*Tuna View Moonscape (wasn't sure what else to call it)

*Palomar Mountain (I know there are some up there but not sure if they are a hike)

I also have a couple that I have already done but Rogue wants me to take her.

Indian Head Peak

Lawson/Gaskill (I need a Jeep!)

Barb is your Xterra feeling better today? :o

yup..Xterra is doing fine today, nothing a little "plastic" surgery won't fix. Took the spare parts off the roof rack before driving to work. I think we need a new forum topic "What Was I Thinking?!!" B.R.A. is up for any caching events Friday-Monday, so we are looking forward to whats next......be gentle on the Xterra though :)

Edited by blonds run amuck

1) Ruinations caches

2) Couch caches

3) McGinty caches

4) Eagle Peak caches

5) Mount Gower caches

6) Old Highway 80 caches

7) Oak Oasis caches

10) Devil's Jumpoff

* I like to do hikes when it's cool out and save the urbans, puzzles and coastal caches for when it gets hot. Of course I'm always game for suggestions!  :o

I still need all but #8 on that list but willing to go to all of them. :o Might also want to add Blue Sky to #9 if you haven't done it. (I did Blue Sky and Woodson but still need some Poway ones)

Here are a couple other series I have on my list. There are others that I haven't spotted in the county yet. I also know of many single cache hikes I would like to get to.

*3 Sisters Waterfalls

*Cedar Creek Falls

*Blair Valley (pretty much anything in the desert)

*Black Mountain

*El Capitain

*Tuna View Moonscape (wasn't sure what else to call it)

*Palomar Mountain (I know there are some up there but not sure if they are a hike)

I also have a couple that I have already done but Rogue wants me to take her.

Indian Head Peak

Lawson/Gaskill (I need a Jeep!)

I volunteer my jeep!!!!! You have a great list too!!!!!!!

1) Ruinations caches

2) Couch caches

3) McGinty caches

4) Eagle Peak caches

5) Mount Gower caches

6) Old Highway 80 caches

7) Oak Oasis caches

10) Devil's Jumpoff

* I like to do hikes when it's cool out and save the urbans, puzzles and coastal caches for when it gets hot. Of course I'm always game for suggestions! ;)

Friday myself Skillet and Fattboy are doing vieja grade old hwy 80 meadows and then if we have time the lagunas. We are leaving my house in santee at 6 am.

Friday myself Skillet and Fattboy are doing vieja grade old hwy 80 meadows and then if we have time the lagunas. We are leaving my house in santee at 6 am.

sounds like fun aside from that 6am thing. ;)

well we have planned about 25 caches to do. If you want e-mail me and I'll give you my cell # and you can call me to see where were at.

sounds like fun aside from that 6am thing. :)

well we have planned about 25 caches to do. If you want e-mail me and I'll give you my cell # and you can call me to see where were at.

If only it were my day off.......sigh........darn work just interferes with the whole thing.......otherwise I would join y'all ;)

Duganrm and I are going to do Hodges Micro 2, Number One Son and "Old Glory" Fletcher Point Peak caches tomorrow morning. Anyone that wants to join us can meet us at the parking coords (N33 02.394 W117 05.294) at ~8:30AM. ;)

5286d6b0-fb4e-41f0-bbe7-b879b1544d2f.jpg

It's about a 6.5 mile roundtrip hike but it is fairly flat!

Edited by TrailGators
Duganrm and I are going to do Hodges Micro 2, Number One Son and "Old Glory" Fletcher Point Peak caches tomorrow morning. Anyone that wants to join us can meet us at the parking coords (N33 02.394 W117 05.294) at ~8:30AM. ;)

8:30 shoot will have about 8 or 9 by then. That looks like a fun hike, you guys be safe and have a happy new year.

Duganrm and I are going to do Hodges Micro 2, Number One Son and "Old Glory" Fletcher Point Peak caches tomorrow morning. Anyone that wants to join us can meet us at the parking coords (N33 02.394 W117 05.294) at ~8:30AM.  :D

[snip]

8:30 shoot will have about 8 or 9 by then. That looks like a fun hike, you guys be safe and have a happy new year.

You'll have 3-4 before I even wake up! ;)

Have a Happy New Year too! :)

Edited by TrailGators

I think the shoreline may be inaccessible due to the waterline. You many want to contact Rich of Snake and Rooster; he went up there last.

sounds like fun aside from that 6am thing. :)

I'll email tonight. Running late for meeting Trailgators right now.

If someone else goes out a little later in the morning, I will go with them though. :rolleyes:

Duganrm and I are going to do Hodges Micro 2, Number One Son and "Old Glory" Fletcher Point Peak caches tomorrow morning. Anyone that wants to join us can meet us at the parking coords (N33 02.394 W117 05.294) at ~8:30AM.  :rolleyes:

I think the shoreline may be inaccessible due to the waterline. You many want to contact Rich of Snake and Rooster; he went up there last.

There is a marked trail with old orange ribbon and blue ribbon. It's not bad.

Wow, that's a hike and a half! I'm interested but not quite sure when. Anyone for next Sunday?

I'll hit Topo! tonight and start some of the beta/map work.

I am thinking next Monday, Jan 2nd. I'm off but I still got to run it by the Mrs.

Rich (the Snake of Snake & Rooster) sent me this "muggle" link of the hike.

Wow, that's a hike and a half! I'm interested but not quite sure when. Anyone for next Sunday?

I'll hit Topo! tonight and start some of the beta/map work.

I am thinking next Monday, Jan 2nd. I'm off but I still got to run it by the Mrs.

Rich (the Snake of Snake & Rooster) sent me this "muggle" link of the hike.

Monday would be ok with me.......I just walked 26.2 miles so 14 wont bother me .......it is the uphill part that makes me think........but then.....if it is 14 round trip that means only 7 are up :rolleyes:

sounds like fun aside from that 6am thing. :D

If someone else goes out a little later in the morning, I will go with them though. :D

B.R.A. is planning on going out with the FATT Team Friday morning....one at 6am the other will be at the park and ride around 8ish and will meet up with us early birds....anyone want a ride?

BTW...great pics Pat....did you use your new walking stick/tripod/waffle maker thing?

Edited by blonds run amuck

sounds like fun aside from that 6am thing. B)

If someone else goes out a little later in the morning, I will go with them though. :D

B.R.A. is planning on going out with the FATT Team Friday morning....one at 6am the other will be at the park and ride around 8ish and will meet up with us early birds....anyone want a ride?

BTW...great pics Pat....did you use your new walking stick/tripod/waffle maker thing?

Yes Barb, I used my new stick today! :D It came in handy for photos and walking down some steep parts of the trail! I could do 8AM but would want to do the Old Highway 80 caches!

Edited by TrailGators