San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Somone from out of town posted a note on The Forbidden Forrest. Figured it would get it a litte more attention if I posted it here.

I noticed that a lot of folks are watching this cache, so I decided to post an invitation.

A friend and I will be trying for this cache on Monday, December 12, in the evening (time not set yet). Drop me an email if you are interested in joining us. FYI - My friend has completed this cache before, I have not.

Any other takers on this one?? Sir Robbin says about 6pm or there abouts....Car pool from East county.....I'll drive....

Somone from out of town posted a note on The Forbidden Forrest. Figured it would get it a litte more attention if I posted it here.

I noticed that a lot of folks are watching this cache, so I decided to post an invitation.

A friend and I will be trying for this cache on Monday, December 12, in the evening (time not set yet). Drop me an email if you are interested in joining us. FYI - My friend has completed this cache before, I have not.

Any other takers on this one?? Sir Robbin says about 6pm or there abouts....Car pool from East county.....I'll drive....

Thanks for the offer, b.r.a. I would love to go but I'm meeting SMOKEY today to find his new caches on Gaskill Peak (and maybe place some other ones along the route.) :D

I also have to repair my muggled :P "Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction." :P

If I could have gone, it would have also given me an opportunity to return your "Fast Track" cache.

Take lots of pictures to share the fun . . . I wonder if the spiders are out at this time of the year like they are in the summer . . . ? :D

Take lots of pictures to share the fun . . . I wonder if the spiders are out at this time of the year like they are in the summer . . . ? :P

The spiders were out a few weeks back when we went.

I am not sure if I will show up anymore. I forgot today was Hangover Day at work.... Don't really want to drive all the way back from Ramona...

Looks like I will pass also.....family obligation that I can't seem to get out of........What part of "I'm meeting Brave Sir Robin in the Forbidden Forest" didn't they understand??? :rolleyes:

Looks like I will pass also.....family obligation that I can't seem to get out of........What part of "I'm meeting Brave Sir Robin in the Forbidden Forest" didn't they understand??? :rolleyes:

But think about what Sir Robin had to tell his family "I'm meeting a nice BRA in the Forbidden Forest!" :lol:

Went back to page 5 of this thread to find this map of the Old Highway 80 caches that we could do this Saturday. What do you think?

I'd love to snag that cluster - think it could be done by noon? It sure looks like it can.

I don't see why we wouldn't at least get the Old Highway 80 cluster before noon (Trail's End says it is only 1.3 miles out and almost all are on that path). Not sure about the second cluster down on the bottom right of the picture.

Don't forget we already took care of the one labeled TMNWON 1 on that picture.

Went back to page 5 of this thread to find this map of the Old Highway 80 caches that we could do this Saturday. What do you think?

I'd love to snag that cluster - think it could be done by noon? It sure looks like it can.

I don't see why we wouldn't at least get the Old Highway 80 cluster before noon (Trail's End says it is only 1.3 miles out and almost all are on that path). Not sure about the second cluster down on the bottom right of the picture.

It won't take you guys long at all to do all of those caches.

They were set up as a series, brilliantly done, of coarse!

The caches before Olde 80 are also very easy, except for $kimmer and Vultures cache, it's pretty good!! (Bygone Byways)

Have fun!! Oh, and watch out for rattlesnakes!

-ette :blink::blink:

The caches before Olde 80 are also very easy, except for $kimmer and Vultures cache, it's pretty good!! (Bygone Byways)

Have fun!! Oh, and watch out for rattlesnakes!

-ette :blink::blink:

Thanks Splashette! Maybe we can hit the Couch Series or McGinty while we are down there! Or....I could bring a ladder so I can finally get SCC#3! There are still a bunch more in that area that we could hit at any rate!

I'm surprised that nobody has found the new one by Snail Rock yet....

Have fun!!  Oh, and watch out for rattlesnakes!

-ette :blink:  :blink:

Soo what are the chances you can grab Vulture and go replace those 2 missing caches before we go? :lol: Gotta get em all in one shot. :blink:

If you visit the caches in the meadows, beware the mad cows! :blink:

Here is another area to consider with 22 caches near Descanso Junction....

29c4c6ea-8a1e-4020-9d56-c820c1663dc1.jpg

Darn this is the cluster I was hoping to con some of you all into doing on Dec 31st........I am gone this weekend.....sigh........ :):)

Here is another area to consider with 22 caches near Descanso Junction....

29c4c6ea-8a1e-4020-9d56-c820c1663dc1.jpg

Darn this is the cluster I was hoping to con some of you all into doing on Dec 31st........I am gone this weekend.....sigh........ :lol::)

We can hold off since there are so few takers this weekend! Now we are thinking of doing some out in Ramona..I'll post a map shortly....

. . .  or McGinty while we are down there! . . . 

Oh, please do my McGinty series someday, and the one on the top . . . they are lonely caches . . . :lol:

On a clear day, they offer great views. :)

I will be doing these and the old 80 ones on Dec 31st.......you and anyone else can come along. I bought some great swag in Hawaii to deposit in various caches that deserve them and yours up the hill definately deserves at least one.

Edited by smilinglady13
These are the caches I need to find . . . someday . . . that are in the Ramona area.

29e20219-aa17-49c1-af64-2d6e69bedfa0.jpg

If you are heading that way, where will you be meeting? What time?

I still have to find all the ones on your list and more... guess I should be heading down to the Country Estates more often....

Here is the Ramona park and ride. It is right behind the Taco Bell. If this week is like all the others, I would assume they want to meet around 8 am.

http://www.ridelink.org/pnr_63.html

my place also has available parking if desired...

These are the caches I need to find . . . someday . . . that are in the Ramona area.

29e20219-aa17-49c1-af64-2d6e69bedfa0.jpg

If you are heading that way, where will you be meeting? What time?

I still have to find all the ones on your list and more... guess I should be heading down to the Country Estates more often....

Here is the Ramona park and ride. It is right behind the Taco Bell. If this week is like all the others, I would assume they want to meet around 8 am.

http://www.ridelink.org/pnr_63.html

my place also has available parking if desired...

Guess I am just going to have to start staying in town .......that will be my new years resolution!!!!! Stay in town get more geocaching....HA..........

I have to recommend you start with the McGinty ones . . . after climbing that peak, you might decide to spend the rest of the day looking for some drive-up 1/1 parking lot micros . . . :lol:

The Old Highway 80 ones might have to wait for a different day . . .

For Dec 31st .....if there is another spot people would rather cache that would be fine. I am just looking to do the old 80 and McGinty........and about the other million caches I have not found!!!!! :)

Well....I am going to be in town the 30-2nd of January and I would like to smack around Puzzle Canyon (I.e. Rancho San Diego) and clean out the Adelos ones.

I've all of his solved to date, and I would ever so enjoy some company to point and laugh at me. Any thoughts?

--TT--

Sign me up TT! I don't have any of those far away ones solved so that would work for me! :) But seriously, I'll take at look at them over the next couple of weeks and try to solve as many as I can! :lol:

Well....I am going to be in town the 30-2nd of January and I would like to smack around Puzzle Canyon (I.e. Rancho San Diego) and clean out the Adelos ones.

I've all of his solved to date, and I would ever so enjoy some company to point and laugh at me. Any thoughts?

--TT--

This could be a plan. You will draw a crowd!! and I can learn from all of you.

--TT--

I am up for another trip or 2 down Puzzle Canyon to get the new ones and the ones I missed. The way things look now, I will probably have all those days off of work.

I will stay at the bottom and watch if you decide to go up for Search for a Princess. I know Flagman will remember that cache for some time. :)

I am up for another trip or 2 down Puzzle Canyon to get the new ones and the ones I missed. The way things look now, I will probably have all those days off of work.

Uhhhh, I'm one of those who cringes at puzzles - if I tag along, will I have to log each cache with a note? :)

I've all of his solved to date, and I would ever so enjoy some company to point and laugh at me.  Any thoughts?

--TT--

I imagine that anyone who stuck real close to Jeff from 12/30/05 to 1/3/06 would probably get to bag ALL the puzzle caches in the county that have been hidden since, oh lets say June 26, 2005... :)

Edited by FlagMan

I've all of his solved to date, and I would ever so enjoy some company to point and laugh at me.  Any thoughts?

--TT--

I imagine that anyone who stuck real close to Jeff from 12/30/05 to 1/3/06 would probably get to bag ALL the puzzle caches in the county that have been hidden since, oh lets say June 26, 2005... :unsure:

He likely won't stop there. I know he has solved the ones in the Temecula Valley too. :lol:

Guess I am just going to have to start staying in town .......that will be my new years resolution!!!!! Stay in town get more geocaching....HA..........

You complaining about going to Hawaii???? :lol::unsure:

Nope......Arizona........the cold part of the state.......Hawaii I was happy with, nice, warm......beautiful water......good food.......fun caches.......no complaints.....Arizona I am going to be a little cold finding those caches but I am going with some good people so it makes up for the weather......I am just cache greedy trying to catch up to 1000 and knowing at my slow pace it could take a century!!!! :mad:

Uhhhh, I'm one of those who cringes at puzzles - if I tag along, will I have to log each cache with a note? :unsure:

Glad someone else cringes at the thought of Puzzles. I am going to try one near me as I am told it is easy.....we will see........I tried one in Hawaii and did not get it but I did not give it more than 5 hours thought......not all at one time of course.

I have yet to locate the 'official" puzzle book that Trailgators has written about sadism or something like that :lol:

Glad someone else cringes at the thought of Puzzles. I am going to try one near me as I am told it is easy.....we will see........I tried one in Hawaii and did not get it but I did not give it more than 5 hours thought......not all at one time of course.

I have yet to locate the 'official" puzzle book that Trailgators has written about sadism or something like that  :(

I was actually FTF for one puzzle cache - so I know I can actually do it. :unsure: The cringing comes when I contemplate whether I have a few hours to spend puzzling over ONE CACHE! Not usually! :lol: But then when I went to one of the caches in "Puzzle Canyon" and had it list all the nearby caches, well, that made me cringe.

P.S. You have to solve TG's Who Are You? cache to get the coords to the humongous ammo can with his books in it.

P.P.S. to TG: See, I told you I could send some finders to your cache - now will you send me the Teacher's Edition? :mad: