Favorite Drive Cache

Moote

When this thread dies someone could turn it into a bookmark list ??

Heres my two

A king could hide here and virconium sadly archived.

I'm bookmarking these already Mark - thought it might be useful to have a list of classic drive by caches!

Anyway, here's my fav drive by, not for quality as such, but because it was so close to the road we sat in the car to sign the log book!

Wimbledon Park Cache

Keep them coming - I'll neaten up and publish the list over the weekend, when I'm not supposed to be working!

Dave

here are some that I have done. The longest walk was 50 feet, and the shortest was stay in the car :anicute:

I am looking forwards to this bookmark list when it becomes available.

In the car???? wow - was that a real or virtual?

I have been tempted to put a micro somewhere that you can get at from the car window - maybe on a traffic light!

Bookmark list is created and shared - check my profile. I'm adding to it as wel go along, and at the weekend I'll put something in the description with its rough location (as in, where in the country)

Hmm - where on your profile?  I had a look and couldn't see anything.  Where exactly do I look to find the link to the bookmark?

probably my fault - i assumed it just showed up somewhere if I ticked share on the list. If not, could someone tell me how to do it? Do I jusy need to put a link to the page on my profile??

Cheers

Dave

Make sure its ticked for all public and point us at a cache you have put on it.

aha here it is

bookmark list

Edited by markandlynn

Now, can we bookmark your bookmark list? LOL

two or possibly three of those caches are possible from the car. Spotters Heaven involved driving up to a sign and reading the info form the comfort of my car. Tube Test involved a park right beside but I did actually get out to look and the Ivy accused of cover up would be searchable from a 4x4 but I opened the door and stood up to reach.

Ninestar005 in Devon is one I liked. It's almost a compulsory driveby - the only place to park is pretty well bang on top of the cache!

Afternoon Fun in Wiltshire is one I found a little uncomfortable - you can park by the cache but you're right in view of the windows of a country house (now a nursing home). The owner says the cache has their permission, but I still felt as if I shouldn't have been there.

purple_pineapple wrote:

I meant to ask earlier - what do people suggests constitutes a drive by? obviously, it needs to be close to the car, but how close? 50 feet? 100 feet? thoughts?

Three feet? :rolleyes::ph34r:

I think I consider it a driveby if it's so close that the easiest thing to do is to retrieve the cache then take it back to the car to deal with.

How on earth do you get near A Fleeting Glimse by car? Ah! I see! There is more than one UK cache with that name.

yeah i thought that too LG - although in theory you can park on top of the london one!

Is there a requirement that one must be allowed to park at the closest spot? lots of london ones are next to the road, but you'll be in trouble if you park there!

The closest I have been able to drive to a cache is at Windmill Hill near Avebury in Wiltshire. Infact its that close to the car, if you open your door to get out, you may tread on it!

Windmill hill cache

Oi. Mind my cache!

:anibad:

While we are on the sunject of minding caches...... How the hell am I suppose to get the westlings coordinates when I never see one? Ah? Emm? Well?

I would love to get a womble back pack for the little baby I am helping in the USA. Mum and Dad lost everything in the Hurrican, the media was focusing on the edge of it and all the devistation, but the eye went straight through Bay St Louis. Here there was TOTAL destruction, and I mean everything! They lost there job, home, car, pocessions, pets the lot! They left with just the clothes on thier backs!

Thier little girl is now only 5 months old and am trying to put small parcels out to the family for Christmas, I was hoping for a womble back pack, but its like a needle in a hay stack!

(This really isn't a sympathy note, I want to get one fairly!) so when and where can I get the last coordinates from in Wiltshire?

Vivien

Roving Rangies

Roving Rangies, I know that you do not just want the co-ords, but I do know someone who has a Westings Womble in their hands currently. They are looking for a Northings Womble. Perhaps they could drop it off in a cache near them that you have not yet found for you to 'find' . Contact 'The Dawn Patrol'