2005 Washington Geocoins - Local Distribution

Moun10Bike

Okay, I think we have the last of the issues with the 2005 Washington geocoins resolved (knock on wood!) and with luck (and enough time!), I hope to have all of the sorting done by the end of the weekend. If not, I have several offers for help and will be taking the offerers up on them! :laughing:

That brings up another subject: distribution to those folks who elected to pick up their coins in person rather than have them shipped. I can make a point of meeting people at various set locations during the week if people want to do that. I am good for most lunchtimes (12:30-1:30 on M, T, W and more open on Th and F). I could also arrange to meet after work someplace.

There had been talk of setting up a coin distribution event, but that would have to be at least two weeks away to get listed on the site and I want to get the coins out to people ASAP.

If you want to arrange coin pickup, please post in this thread with your preferred time and general location (e.g. Eastside, North End, etc.). We can then work out some sort of schedule.

Thanks!

I work 5:00-2:30 daily at the north end of Willows Rd in Redmond and can get away for lunch any day that is acceptable. I'd also be willing to take some to the Monroe area if other orders go that direction (x-ray-dan, GK360, etc.).

Just let me know when and where and I'll be there.

:laughing:

Okay, I've tentatively put together a schedule for distribution of the coins. I tried to move around to include the Eastside, North End, South End and Seattle, and I've picked places that appear to have decent parking and a nearby cache or two so that people can pick up their coins and have a hunt at the same time. Here is what I've come up with:

Monday, Aug. 29:

Bellevue - Spiritridge Last Splash (Phantom Lake Pool parking lot)

12:30 PM - 1:30 PM

Tuesday, Aug. 30:

Mountlake Terrace - Terrace Tree Tour Number One (Terrace Creek Park at N47 47.232 W122 17.867)

Wednesday, Aug. 31:

Tukwila - Ain't No Hazelnut (Tukwila Park)

Thursday, Sept. 1:

Seattle - Cash Cache (Gasworks Park)

11:30 PM - 12:30 PM

Friday, Sept. 2:

Open

My schedule is a bit tight this week so I may end up being a few minutes late at some of these meeting times. However, I'll do my best to be on time. I'll be at each location for the entire period indicated, although I can't guarantee that I won't be off hunting a nearby cache! :laughing:

I'll be driving a medium blue Explorer with the license plate "MTN DO". For those of you who are more visually inclined, here is a photo:

050218010exploreratporteaucove.th.jpg

I've left Friday as an open day. I'll see where there is need by then before scheduling it.

Those of you who plan on picking your coins up from me, please let me know which spot (if any) works for you. If you can't make any of these times, I can always schedule something for the late afternoon/evening as well. Also, I am very open to other meeting place suggestions.

Thanks!

Edited by Moun10Bike
I'm aiming for the Bellevue grab and thanks for going the extra mile on these.

Darn I just realized that I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow at Noon so I won't be able to pick mine up tomorrow and none of the other dates is practical for me. Guess I'll just have to get mine mailed. <sigh>

Darn I just realized that I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow at Noon so I won't be able to pick mine up tomorrow and none of the other dates is practical for me. Guess I'll just have to get mine mailed. <sigh>

Sent you e-mail.

Sent you e-mail.

I'll be picking up for Recdiver as well as myself.

Jon, I plan on meeting you at the Cash Cache on thursday to buy a few coins if there are any remaining. Perhaps you could keep us updated as to the continued availability of coins, particularly as Thursday is at the end of your schedule. Or .. could I ask for a few to be reserved? peace, fishiam

Just got back from vacation today so missed the only convenient pickup for me - Bellevue. MTB, maybe we can do lunch in Bldg 121.... :unsure: Or I can meet you after work somewhere.

hydnsek

If you do a campus distribution, I'd also try to make it. I don't know if you're carrying around the PayPal orders (that included shipping). If I managed to get them in person, WSGA could keep the shipping $$.

Just got back from vacation today so missed the only convenient pickup for me - Bellevue. MTB, maybe we can do lunch in Bldg 121.... :unsure:  Or I can meet you after work somewhere.

hydnsek

If you do a campus distribution, I'd also try to make it. I don't know if you're carrying around the PayPal orders (that included shipping). If I managed to get them in person, WSGA could keep the shipping $$.

I could always I/O mail the campus orders.

I'd feel badly for people to pay for shipping and then not have the coins shipped. Contact Seth! for refunds if this happens.

Just got back from vacation today so missed the only convenient pickup for me - Bellevue. MTB, maybe we can do lunch in Bldg 121.... :unsure:  Or I can meet you after work somewhere.

hydnsek

I'd feel badly for people to pay for shipping and then not have the coins shipped. Contact Seth! for refunds if this happens.

I'll email you my MS address and you can I/O them to me. WSGA can keep the $20 shipping if you like.

thanks,

Abby

Just got back from vacation today so missed the only convenient pickup for me - Bellevue. MTB, maybe we can do lunch in Bldg 121.... :huh:  Or I can meet you after work somewhere.

hydnsek

I'll email you my MS address and you can I/O them to me. WSGA can keep the $20 shipping if you like.

thanks,

Abby

Me too. Don't care about shipping refund (although if it came to value of another coin, I wouldn't say no :unsure: ). Thanks for all of the effort on this project!

I'm glad you guys like the coins! They look much better than the photo of the protoype, don't they?

As an FYI, I handed off the coins I had packaged up to Seth! today for shipping. I didn't want to waste any more time getting them sent off, and the lunchtime meetings are eating up the free time I have available to do that.

Met up with Moun10bike, nolenator, FauxSteve, markta, OldBaldEagle, nevcowpok, and k7-wave while getting my coins during lunch today. Besides getting 4 of these just beautiful coins it was most pleasant talking caching with such an august set of cachers. Jon, thanks again for going to all the trouble to distribute the coins! peace, fishiam