Nobody Noticed

McDeHack

I am sneaky. I passed the 200 and nobody noticed.

before you all start sending the congrats. It has taken me 4 years to do so :)

Why so long? I have got a life. :)

Plus I have many other interests. Geocaching is great at times when it is convenient to do so.

I don't like going out too much in the summer hunting for plastic boxes. Winter is better for me. Less Muggles, Less Nettles, Less Brambles, Less biteing, stinging, insects. and less leaves on the trees. :)

I shall now go back into my cave untill the frosts. :)

But you joined the forum on 31st August 2001 - that's real cool :):)

As for summer caching...

I have just been out caching for the first time since May due to circumstance (except 1 cache on the A9 on July 7th heading north and the only traditional cache in Orkney!). I have just had my first day geocaching for months. Caching today was great except...

1. Poor gps coverage (trees etc)

2. 5 foot high bracken hiding caches / clues

3. Enormous thistles / nettles / etc etc to get attacked by

4. Too many muggles

My thoughts:

1. Winter caching (like walking) is best

2. Quality, not quantity

3. 200 caches is something to achieve

All in all, well done :):):D

littlejim

Well done. I can see what you say about summer caching. We have noticed a lot of cachers hang up their gps at this time of year. The reasons as you say. We have been doing a rash of caching this last few days being on holiday, and yes there are a lot of nettles, brambles, etc, and some caches after looking at the logs that we are leaving till winter. Easier to get to caches in winter when all the fern and bracken dies back. We have only done 67 since November last year, and expect it to take us at least two year and maybe a half on that to reach 200. Not the speed man, it's the enjoyment you get out of it.

Nobody noticed that we had achieved 200 also, since March this year, but then we are retired so people will expect us to be out all the time !! Some Hope. Must just thank all those owners of the caches that we have found, some have been brilliant, some great, some ok, but all have been fun - Thank You its a lovely hobby, If only that White Jeep would appear in the South West !