How Far?

bobuk

Just how far will you go in pursuit of your hobby.

DLVA

I was just looking through the site, and thought  :D I wonder  :D

If I had a spare £999 I have seen a real beauty! I can't share it with anyone though just in case the price drops in a year or so :D:D

Edited by Stuey

I wanted ADR14N or GAR510E (garside). Both went at an auction about 2 years ago, Adrian for £10,000 (eek) and GAR510E for £1000. I reckon I'd have made the effort for £1000, although who knows how far the other garside would have gone.

My wife Beth has B3TH G - wedding present. I had it done in big type and wrong spacing, but she kept getting stopped by the police. Funny, you get squiggly unreadable type plates everywhere, but the one with the big, readable from a mile type gets stopped every 5 minutes and threatened with it's removal. So, it's correct now and doesn't read anything.

Funny, you get squiggly unreadable type plates everywhere, but the one with the big, readable from a mile type gets stopped every 5 minutes and threatened with it's removal. So, it's correct now and doesn't read anything.

I followed an obvious boy racer (big exhaust, baseball hat the wrong way round, blacked out windows etc etc) the other day and could not read his number plate at all, it was a complete blur! I could only read it when I pulled up at the traffic lights behind him and saw that the reg plate had a see through layer which had his name on it. You could only read the plate from about 6 feet away! Bet he NEVER gets pulled up for it!!!

..... cars with 666 number plates, DVLA had declared they were no longer going to sell those numbers.

666 numbers are not now on general issue (so you can't get one by chance), but they are available with the DVLA select scheme, so if you want it, you can have it (and pay for it).

I well remember my Dad coming home in his first car, an 'L' type Vauxhall (he'd always had motor bikes up until then). Mum took one look at the registration and said "If you think I'm riding in that, you've got another think coming!"

The registration.... MUG 127 :blink::blink:

Not really a cacheing plate (only when parked up and were on the hunt), its sort of "Linda & Henry N........."

http://img.geocaching.com/user/d0be91f8-03...ea51bfbdf24.jpg

Bought it ages ago whenthey were cheap. Always check the DVLA site before buying, a friend saw a plate on one of the commercial sites and checked the DLVA site and got the same thing for several hundred £s cheaper.

Linda & Henry, L8HNB.