Cunning Cache Containers!

Simply Paul

I was having a look on eBay earlier and found these interesting cache containers. Which made me wonder what's the smartest or cheekiest container (not the method of hiding, but the 'box' or micro itself) you've seen?

I met a toy bunny in the New Forest earlier this year which made me chuckle. The rest, off the top of my head, have been traditional ammo boxes (including a cute tiny one) and boxes on a tupperware theme.

SP

A visit to the local craft shop is usually enough for us to get a few ideas, latex rubber moulding maker, some plaster of paris, and you can make anything you like. Tub of Polymorph plastic, some acrylic paints and there you go, what more would you need.... Imagination I suppose, :huh:

Although it`s amazing what you can do with a drill, a glue gun, and anything that can be hollowed out.

Other possibles are, tic tac containers, breathe strips container, 35mm film canisters (Note: can be filed down to make even smaller), ornaments, etc etc

Although we`d never do anything as sneaky as that... :D:P

Pengy

I once came across one of those pet tag cylinders PAUL!!! :huh:

What about Hypertufa for creating your own stones, Polymorph has already been mentioned.

2202 has a good smallish screwtop container that I haven't seen before in one of the Oxford parks and I came across a fantastic large screwtop container in Bakewell, Derbys.

Various hollowed out 'things' are always good to make it more difficult to find. A hint picture is always helpful though (PAUL!). :D

:huh::D Make your own a quick search for Geoff Hamilton's Rockless Rocks should get you going in the right direction. Indistinguishable from the real thing as well. Can make them as big as you like. :P:D

shush! some of us had already had that idea but didn't want EVERYBODY to know!!!

I have some other devious plans up my sleeve, but not telling! :P

SP has a good thread here as, we are to my mind anyway, to reliant on the use of lunch boxes. Of my 32 listings, only one of them is a clear plastic lunch box, (and that my second one when green around the gills.

I prefer the offerings found in a good army surplus store, the cache that the Hokesters referred to earlier is in fact a smoke grenade holder, and I have kicking around at my feet a black 120mm artillery shell holder, (trust it does not contain depleted uranium) which will feature in the next Lewis saga (and saga it is).

I liked SP’s army surplus 7 cigarette holder at Mouth of Hell but my own personal favourite is a SIGG bottle. Ooops a bit of a give away that.

Obviously my attempt at a subtle hint in my last post fell on deaf ears :D:P

If we all expose this type of information on an open forum....we could be spoiling others fun and satisfaction of cracking a particularly clever cache hide :D

Ullium.

Good point Ullium, that's why I'm keeping schtum! :huh:

MarcB

As I only intend to do a bit of caching high up in the snow-capped mountains, I will be devising white containers, possibly looking like a snowball, or perhaps in disguise of a kids snowman, the container being the orange carrot nose.

I look forward to attempting some of the hillside caches appearing, in the hope of meeting up with a cacher or two along the way as I get very hungry during these cold winter months.

I had a call today from someone trying to find one of my caches. He'd been there before looking, and needed further advice, so I told him fairly precisely where it was. 5 minutes later I had another call..... I still can't find it. A few moments later after I gave him an exact description of what he was looking for, and where it was, he found it.

Part of the log: "Stuey, you are evil."

The cache.... Devious Devonian: Exeter Cathedral (remember that one Bill wwh? first not-to-find).

The cunning container: I'm staying schtum too :P