Anyone Want To Go Above The Clouds With Me?

Bull Moose

More than likely not related, but there is a theory that all the Cascade volcanos share one big magma pool. Not too many people believe that though. The evidence is just not there. This link shows all quakes greater than or equal to 2.0. It does not show the one you mentioned. It must have been downgraded to 1.9

Its here: http://www.geophys.washington.edu/recenteqs/Maps/121-48.html

Does anyone see any need for me to disable this cache. Seems kinda redundant.

No need. The friendly local reviewer from frickin' Iceland and Estonia will go ahead and do that for you. :mad:

What's the idea of having regional reviewers again?

Yes, I have no problem with disableing it, but I found it rather disrespectful for an approver from iceland to take it upon himself to do this and espcially without EMAILING ME first! :mad:

Does anyone see any need for me to disable this cache. Seems kinda redundant.

No need. The friendly local reviewer from frickin' Iceland and Estonia will go ahead and do that for you. :mad:

What's the idea of having regional reviewers again?

Yes, I have no problem with disableing it, but I found it rather disrespectful for an approver from iceland to take it upon himself to do this and espcially without EMAILING ME first! :mad:

Wow! that is disrespectful. That would piss me off too.

If you had done enough research or were local you would have noticed that the forest service has closed all roads and trails in the area where it might be dangerous. The local county sheriff's office has manned roadblocks on these roads.

Also you have to have a permit to climb on the mountain and all of these have also been cancelled.

Hmmm...  Isn't the reason for local reviewers so that situations like this doesn't happen?  Peace, Nolenator

Hmmm, well, the main reason for local reviewers is to share the load of looooong review queue to many persons - to get your caches listed faster.

Cheers, Tahu Nuva

Both of our local reviewers have posts on this thread, one just a few posts up, so they are well aware of this situation, and doubt they need a lot of help from Iceland.

Okay TN we realize you kinda over stepped your bounds and you have apologzed to us. So let's just play nice now.

Tell ya what if you are ever in Washington State. Maybe we can take you "Lava Surfing" on St. Helens. ;):P:D

P.S. I'm a bit of a Smart ***.

Edited: for spelling and such :D

Edited by IronMaiden
I apologize here too!

Thanks for stopping by and filling us in on your thought process in this matter.

I'm sure that everyone in this thread shares your concern for the local caches and anyone who may be interested in hunting them. I'm going to ask that we all move past this and go back to the volcano watch. The caches can be reactivated when the government starts letting people back into the area.

So just because I am still a bit new: If an approver disables a cache, then it can not be opened back up by the owner? The disabling approver would have to do that? Am I correct? And how do you get to be an approver with no finds? Really, I am not trying to stir the sh*t here, just curious. I would love to be an approver but figured I had better get more finds/placements under my belt before even looking into it.

Thanks.

So just because I am still a bit new: If an approver disables a cache, then it can not be opened back up by the owner? The disabling approver would have to do that? Am I correct? And how do you get to be an approver with no finds? Really, I am not trying to stir the sh*t here, just curious. I would love to be an approver but figured I had better get more finds/placements under my belt before even looking into it.

Thanks.

Actually, a disabled cache is easily re-enabled by the owner. It's when the cache is archived that you will need the approver's help in unarchiving the cache.

Read disabled as temporary and archived as permanent.

So just because I am still a bit new:  If an approver disables a cache, then it can not be opened back up by the owner?  The disabling approver would have to do that?  Am I correct?  And how do you get to be an approver with no finds?  Really, I am not trying to stir the sh*t here, just curious.  I would love to be an approver but figured I had better get more finds/placements under my belt before even looking into it.

Thanks.

Most reviewers have a seperate account that is used for reviewing only. Team Misguided for example is a husband/wife team and we each have a seperate player account. Reviewers are picked from the local community by the other admins when a need develops. Those picked are typically established cachers that are active in their local geocaching community/club.

Looks like this one is just another *burp*.

Edited by Team Misguided

Although past performance is not an indication of future performance, I might note that in 1980 the first steam eruption was in late March or early April and the big eruption was not until May 18. I doubt this will take that long this time, but volcanos have their own time schedule and burps are likely for a bit.

and doubt they need a lot of help from Iceland.

Yep, true, as I don't live in Iceland ;) (but in the land from where the Nokia mobile phones, Teemu Selänne and Kimi Räikkönen come...) :P

I go LG and the NHL is locked out.

The approver of Iceland. Iceland. Whatever.

I agree with TMG --> Volcano and associated cache watch.