Mow My Lawn!

I've been kicking around the idea of placing a multi where the initial coords are for my front porch. On the front porch finders will find a note, taped to a piece of lawn or garden maintenance equipment, be it a rake, a lawnmower, a weed whacker, some hedge clippers, or a box of tennis balls. In the process of doing the task, the finder'd find a carefully camouflaged hidden tag, which would tell them where in the yard to find the cache container, which would be a great big 24 to 40 gallon action packer stuffed to the gills with really expensive and really large swag items, like maybe $5 minimum each.

Here's the note I'm thinking about using:

-------------

GCXXXX - Mow My Lawn - By Lowracer

Just perform the task that is checked [ X ]. Doing any other task would be great but I cannot guarantee that you'll find the cache that way.

If you post a smiley without performing the workout, your smiley log may be deleted. Please return all tools to the front porch when finished. If you do not return the tools your smiley will be deleted and I'll call the sheriff. Thanks!

[ ] Trim the Front Hedge (L-Shaped hedge in triangular flower area between garage and front porch). Just trim off the new growth shoots even with the main bulk of the hedge, don't try to make a topiary or cut it to the bone please. No need to rake when finished. Watch out for the prickly pears in the flower bed!

[ ] Trim the Side Hedge (Over on the side of the house by the garage) Just trim off the new growth shoots, don't try to make a topiary or cut it to the bone please. No need to rake when finished.

[ ] Rake the hedge clippings.

[ ] Front Hedge - Just rake them into a pile on the front sidewalk.

[ ] Side Hedge - Just rake them into a pile on the grass next to the hedge.

[ ] Edge the specified area with the weedwhacker: Try to be neat.

[ ] The driveway out to the street, both sides.

[ ] The front curved walk

[ ] Along the curb between the sidewalk and the street

[ ] The main sidewalk, both edges

[ ] Mow the front yard. Don't change the height setting of the mower.

[ ] The smaller side by the garage.

[ ] The larger half.

[ ] Both strips between the sidewalk and the street.

[ ] Move my barbells up to the attic.

[ ] Change the oil in the van. No need to rotate the tires. Don't forget the filter.

[ ] Play tennis ball with the dogs. Go into the side yard. The dogs are friendly, especially when they see the ball in your hand.

--------

The idea is to get geocachers to do my yard work. No one geocacher would have to do more than about three-five minutes worth of work, and I'd get to sit on the front porch sipping an iced tea and supervising, maybe put my feet up, relax.

Is it great fun or am I being too sadistic? How far can I push geocachers for that smiley? Would you do a cache like this?

:blink:

Edited by lowracer

LOL - let me know if it gets approved. I have an acre of grass that needs cutting every week. I used to be able to get it done by allowing my friends and the older kids in the neighborhood to ride the garden tractor, but the novelty wears off quickly. :blink:

... ride the garden tractor, but the novelty wears off quickly.

Id do it !! I actually use riding the tractor around the acre at the lake as "therapy".

Nothing blows off steam like 20Hp, cranked up to 7th gear - cutting the He** outta that long, long grass!!

What if a group showed up? You should specify they ALL need to do something.

That way, one person can lean on a shovel and be the "supervisor" :blink:

Isn't beer against the rules

Hm..... I would have to say that my "rules" on my private property trump-

It wouldn't be "in" the cache- but very nearby!

edit to add 'nt to clarify point

Edited by Pto
So would you temporarily disable the cache when the yard work is done or just change the criteria: Cache is hidden somewhere in gutters?

Each time one of the chores got done, I'd check a different one on the list and put out a different yard tool. And if there was no yardwork left, the bucket of tennis balls would keep the dogs busy until the grass grew back.

Edited by lowracer

I know people who live somewhere nearby, and Do have an open invite.....

Wait - I see another post mentioning gutters......

I'll make a deal with you- I'll fly down there and clean yer gutters of dust & dirt or whatever, and you come here and clean mine in the spring after my maple and the whole neighb'hd's worth of trees have a shot at them- plus the rodents, squirrels and everything else - Wet is always good too.. <_<

I think I'll call it "Fraide of Hites - Heavy Coverage Insurance Clause #1" -

Ps- I carry pretty good coverage on myself, so when I land in your rock landscaping, on your sprinkler - the appropriate phone #'s will have already been taped to my chest by my loving loving wife. She would come along, but wait in the car to direct the paramedics to the scene and get the rental car back in time.

She knows me and ladders - and my freinds dowm there...........

Post it, and they will come. . . . . . .. . (maybe)

Hmmm.... I would clip your hedges,

but injure myself in the process :mad:

resulting in a lawsuit, :)

make alot of money :D

retire from my job B):lol::lol:

and spend more time geocaching! :lol:

Not likely, since I'm flat broke. Someone from the bank's going to be mowing the lawn soon if I don't find a job! <_<

I think that sounds great! Normally I wouldn't want to hunt a cache close to someone's house, but this one has a fun twist. And the amount of work required from the cacher is minimal....not like you expect them to work for half an hour in the blazing sun.

It's a creative way for you to get your yard work done. :P

I would be careful with the liability issues that can go along with this. What if someone steps on a nail in your yard and ends up getting sent to the hospital ? Since it was on your property they could collect damages from you. I would have them sign some type of waiver.