Muggle Police?

instep_guy

On one of my early cache hunts I passed a car coming out of a parking area near a cache location. I noticed that the car drove about 60-70 yds. and then pulled over. I could tell that they were keeping an eye on me and my son. as we prepared to make the short hike I saw the car head our way. my son and I "prepared" for what looked like an encounter of sorts. the car pulls up and the driver mumbles a hello. after seeing the GPSr around my neck they got much friendlier. they put in their log for the cache that they had checked out some potential cache vandals.

question: are you willing to defend a cache against unknown people?

Edited by instep_guy

I don't know if I would or not. It would depend on the situation. I would contact the cache owner via email in any situation if I felt something was disturbed. If nothing else, I would wait until the other people left and check on the cache. You never know, could be someone else looking for it as well.

On one of my early cache hunts I passed a car coming out of a parking area near a cache location. I noticed that the car drove about 60-70 yds. and then pulled over. I could tell that they were keeping an eye on me and my son. as we prepared to make the short hike I saw the car head our way. my son and I "prepared" for what looked like an encounter of sorts. the car pulls up and the driver mumbles a hello. after seeing the GPSr around my neck they got much friendlier. they put in their log for the cache that they had checked out some potential cache vandals.

question: are you willing to defend a cache against unknown people?

A 10 dollar cache or possibly my life. It's close but I think I will have to go with my life as sad as it is.

I never turn down the chance to beat the crap out of someone. Seriously there are a lot of variables here. I would confront the people or person and explain geocaching. If they were there for the sole purpose of stealing the cache or vandalizing it I'd probably kick 'em right square in the... well you get the idea. I wouldn't just sit back and let them do it, let's just put it that way.

Edited by JMBella