Hi There!

Corp Of  Discovery

Howdy I'm ironman 114. I work construction 114 was my home local #. I've been geocaching for 4 days now and have & finds. 2of them are FTF! Now I have ti fix my gps cause the memory battery is too low. It is 9 years old . But soon I'll be back at tit till I run outta money and have to go back to work.

Hi. I'm 4x4van, and I've been caching since Nov. '01. I'm a 41 yr old Telecommunications/Electrical Engineer, and I enjoy off-roading (ATCs, M/Cs, and of course my van), water skiing and jet skiing, and R/C nitro powered vehicles.

I have a gorgeous :P wife and 3 kids; girl-14 (who wouldn't be caught dead hiking!), boy-11 (loves caching, I refer to him as my "trailer" when logging a cache), and girl-9 (also loves caching, but doesn't go on the tougher hikes).

Born and raised in SoCal, I'll probably die here as well, but I certainly won't go without a fight!! :P

GEO*Trailblazer 1

Happily married 10 years this time and still counting.

Disabled Measurment Tech. but do not let that get in my way.

4 Kids

10 grandkids

2 horses.

4 cows.

1 bull.

5 dogs.

and tooooo many cats.

I live in a House down by the River.

In the Middle of the Forest.

Surrounded by Wildlife.

And Happy.

Happy .........................................................................Geotrails

To Kiwi Cruiser: You got it wrong, mate. Summers in NC are warm. If you think this is cold, try Michigan, Wisconsin, Maine, New Hampshire, North Dakota, etc.. We're talking -50 or -60 C, easily!

Aksor here. Mid-50's, almost-ready-to-retire Project Manager for a Communications Company. The wife (Raskol) and I like to cache as often as we can find time to, which doesn't seem to be much. Been caching a little over 2 years and have 77 finds (whoopee!) With a little luck we might break 100 in 2004. But who's into numbers anyway?

Welcome new cachers. I've actually only been caching for about 6 months but it seems like a lot longer. I'm 32 y/o and live in Long Island, NY, with my wife of 5 1/2 years and our dog Bella. I recently bagged my 200th cache on 11.17. and placed my 20th cache a couple of weeks ago. There's a great bunch of people here so enjoy!

Hi All I am SGTABN82 ( that means Sargeant in the 82nd Airborne Division) I have been doing this since Thanksgiving 2003. Me, Wife and Kids love this. It is a real family evnet each weekend that everyone looks forward too. I only have 17 finds as of 8 DEC 03. I have 0 FTF and I curently hold a travel bug (MEL the Mallard) He is going to go to Disney World with us for Christmas 2003. Then we are going to drop him off in Key West.

I hope to place caches in IRAQ in the near future. They will contain $250,000,000.00 In Wheres George Dollars!!! :D:D:(

Got a love a guy for trying!! I am from Roswell New Mexico and curently live in Fort Bragg NC

Happy Hunting!!

Hi! I'm DrNature (the Cub Scouts gave me that one, and it won't go away any time soon). I am an Environmental Science professor at Chattanooga State in TN. My real specialty is Plant Ecology; I try to include interesting flora in cache logs when possible. Been caching since Nov. 02 and have 57 finds. Don't think I'll break 100 until 2004.

I cache mostly with my 2 sons (GeoAsh, 11 and GeoScout, 7). GeoAsh usually finds the ammo boxes; I think he can smell them. My lovely wife ScoutMom (NOYB) tags along sometimes, too.

Here is a log with a nice bit of flora: Just Like a Squirrel

GEOSET (GEOcachers of SouthEast Tennessee) is a new group with it's first meeting on 12/14. Here's the site: GEOSET Winter Meeting

Hi, I'm Mike and I am a 53 year old geocacher.

"Hi, Mike", they replied.

I have six grandbabies with another due in January along with the 3 children that gave me these jewels.

I am a manufacturing planner now reduced to my standby, welder, since the mfg industry is in critical condition. I have been geocaching for about a year off and on. I was on layoff last summer and got some caches and benchmarks logged, since I had some free time.

I use a Meridian GPS (the green/brown one) that I have put a 16m sd card in. I also load my hikes, in RMNP, from TOPO!

Try reading your gps while snowboarding to see how fast your going...

Later, Mike

Hi all.

Have just started this interesting journey. Loving every minute of it. Seems like you can teach an old dog new tricks! Still have much to learn - certainly a good thing.

My GPS choice was the Magellan Spor Trak Pro, mostly because I've had two earlier Maggies that performed flawlessly for me. Just needed the WAAS capability, which comes in handy for Geocaching.

I'm in west-central Florida - great year-round caching! Looking forward to the many other options the sport has to offer.

Compliments to the Webmaster - great site, user friendly, and FUN.

Orion 47

(Still can't get an image uploaded!)

I found out about geocashing last weekend in the Chicago Tribune in an article accusing us of being litter bugs. How many carelessly tossed beer cans are logged with coordinates and maintained for entertainment purposes? They're barking up the wrong tree. Finally, a recreational purpose for a GPSr. A game using satellites orbiting 12,000 miles above our heads, awesome. This is right up my alley as I love the woods and am an outdoorsman. It should be illegal to have this much fun. I am an unemployed offset printing press operator. I'm surprised this many people have GPS's as every time I mention that delivering pizza's would be a lot easier with coordinates as opposed to addresses almost everyone says "what's a GPS?" yet the technology has been available for over ten years and their tax dollars paid for the satellites. Imagine going ten years without knowing what a computer or CD is. Manufacturers should advertise on television sporting commercials of people getting lost looking for a street or address or finding one's way back to a campsite on an island after getting lost in a boat. BTW I can't find out what TCFC means that I read in logs. It's not listed in any glossary of terms. Happpy hunting everyone.

Squonkpups

:D sturgeongeneral here. Been navigating on the water for a few years. I heard rumors about caching for quite a while. Typed in a geocaching search, found Groundspeak, and I am hooked like the rest. I am an automation/robotics mechanic/electrician in the Sacto , California area. 44yo, married 23yrs (it just seems longer). Recently attended my first event(in Texas), and realized there are other people in this world as crazy as I am!!

Hi. I go by ''KYtrex'' but my real name is Calvin. I've been geocaching for almost 2 yrs. My wife is almost always with me on cache hunts, but she usually sits out the longer/rougher hikes. For the first year, I usually just signed logs KYtrex & wife, but then she wanted her own name, so she decided on Tracker 'T', since her real name is Tammy. We live in Eastern Kentucky and we both absolutely love to travel. Caching has shown us so many cool places and it also gives us something better to do than just the ''tourist'' kind of stuff. Also, we have made many new friends in many different places, and that is what we consider the true treasure of caching.

Edited by KYtrex

Ron's the name. Just got my etrex Legend about a month ago, and haven't really gotten started too seriously in the geocache yet. Found my first yesterday, after having visited the site a couple weeks ago. Should have found it the first time, it was right where I didn't look.

Scuba dive when I can (been awhile, cuz I needed some surgery done), and ride my Harley as often as I can.

Gotta love Florida, because I can do all this year round.

My name is Kerry, I am 38 and live in Irvine, Ca. I have been wanting a GPS unit for a long time and just got one and am starting off on my GeoCaching adventures. I can't get the wife to even entertain the thought of going so I am looking for some new friends that might want to 'cache together around Orange County.

KerryG

Irvine, Ca

:)

Hello......my name is Capitalpete, and I am a GPS addict..............lol....

Fairly new to Geocaching, not new to GPS Navigation, learned to use it flying and then in Marine Navigation. I am a full time GPS nut, I sell Marine supplies and Garmin guidance units from our itty bitty store(s).

I geocache with my wife and twin children, we have possibly the only GPS guided baby stroller in our neighborhood. Our time to geocache is somewhat limited due to our work schedules, caring for 4 parrots, Sailboat racing schedules, and time to raise children. Occaisionally I can manage to sneak some time in for beer drinking, but mostly that is limited to the sharing time with the sailboat racing.

Therefore I live vicariously through fellow Geocachers who come to visit me at my work, as I am Capitalpete, keeper of Geocache Gear!

Hello......my name is Capitalpete, and I am a GPS addict..............lol....

Fairly new to Geocaching, not new to GPS Navigation, learned to use it flying and then in Marine Navigation. I am a full time GPS nut, I sell Marine supplies and Garmin guidance units from our itty bitty store(s).

I geocache with my wife and twin children, we have possibly the only GPS guided baby stroller in our neighborhood. Our time to geocache is somewhat limited due to our work schedules, caring for 4 parrots, Sailboat racing schedules, and time to raise children. Occaisionally I can manage to sneak some time in for beer drinking, but mostly that is limited to the sharing time with the sailboat racing.

Therefore I live vicariously through fellow Geocachers who come to visit me at my work, as I am Capitalpete, keeper of Geocache Gear!

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll find many of our members with GPS guided baby carriages! I was surprised at the number of cachers that take very small children with them, but also pleased. It's a great family activity! :)

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll find many of our members with GPS guided baby carriages! I was surprised at the number of cachers that take very small children with them, but also pleased. It's a great family activity! :)

My youngest was just over a year old when we started caching! At 2 he went on his first 4 mile hike.

Hello everyone, just started Geocaching a week ago. I thought that I was doing good with 5 finds in 7 days until I read Digiferrets post! Of course in northern PA. where I live I had to trudge through knee deep snow to get to them. Not too many people caching at this time around here but that just means I have the woods all to myself! :mad: Except for when I have Hannibal my dog with me of course. Thats him on the left.

Happy Holidays!! :D

Hello - We are Gram & Gramps. This is a nickname we picked up at the family camp in WI we attend. At this point, we have 71 adopted grandkids! No real ones yet, though, as our kids are both still single and in college. We also are volunteer leaders with the youth organization which owns the family camp, and participate in many outdoor activities. Canoe trips in northern Ontario and Ely, MN rank high on our list, and are sure to include some geocaching this summer. We also will be placing some caches near our cottage in northern WI, and will try to find some others up there next week. Wee look forward to some of you finsing our caches!