The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

GoBolt and I had such a fabulous time last weekend that we're going back to the Lagunas this Saturday to hit the caches we didn't hit last weekend...join us if you'd like!

So what's the coordinates for the wedding event?

The wedding is the 16th of April in Julian However comma it is just going to be the five of us (Tigger's Mango and I, The Pastor, The Carriage driver and last but not least the horse). Sorry :D

PS We will be having a caching reception sort of thing at a cabin on MT. Laguna...date and time to be named later...we plan on releasing some caches in honor of the event...event attendee’s will have first shot at the new caches before they are released on the site.

Hot dang! so all we have to do t' crash th' wedding is t' spot a horse and carriage.

Us ol' cowboys will come a ridin' into town doin' a number seven.

Yeehaw!

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

By th' way, we ran across th' perfect wedding gift f'r Tigger's Mango. It's a hexadactyl collector's item.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/c966dc85-f...cc45aa3bfc1.jpg

Whats a "number seven"?

O my goodness, y'all been t' Oklahoma but y' don't know about doin' a number seven. That's "doin' a number seven" as in Blazing Saddles. You know, ridin' into town a shootin', a hootin', and a hollerin'. Goes good with weddings and shivarees. No charge.

Edited by SD Rowdies
So what's the plan for Saturday (or Saturday and Sunday)?

We should pick a place to meet, a radio frequency, and maybe exchange phone numbers.

I emailed Chuy, and I might go up somewhat early and do some of the ones on the road. Then I can join ya'll for the hikes.

Parsa

These are the only three I have visited off Sunrise Hwy:

GC5B44 High Above the Desert

GCKHH7 Bug's Eye View, and

GCHPBM Wild Wild Laguna (fun muddy hike!)

I plan on starting with GC4E4D, Rock Hard Cache, and continuing up the Hwy with the easier ones. I plan on turning around at GCJZPE, Vector This.

Rain or shine, Ginger is coming up; she loves the rain.

Since no one is throwing out FRS freqs, I'll throw out lucky channel 13; I was up there a month ago and had no coverage on my Nextel :D .

I'd like to leave mi casa by 5:30a; we'll see. Have to head back by noon.

On the way back, I'd like to head down via Thin Valley Rd to Kitchen Creek Rd to I8. Anyone know if this is possible? I have 2X WD mini truck.

Tycho52 made an attempt to find a cacher for a Carlsbad-Futtsu, Japan or Karlov Vary, Czech Republic find, but no one volunteered. I posted my request in the Australia forums and got a response in two days.

Tycho52, you can choose a different city; Oceanside has four sister cities, including Ensenada, BC Mexico.

Chuy, I'm going about this one the wrong way - I'm trying to learn both Czech and Japanese so I can converse with my new pen pals in Carlsbad's sister cities :D

I think I'll give it a go with Ensenada, a much better option.

:D  A number seven???  What is that?

Why, I declare, it would shorely have to be the Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache Number 7.

Boy howdy, we love it. Y'all talkin' like real cowboys now.

Yeehaw!

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Harmon, I'd love to visit y'all's #7, 8, 11, and 12.

Do you know if Thing Valley Rd connects to Sunrise Hwy via Thin Valley Rd or any other access road?

And can my 2XWD mini pick up make it?

I also have to consider how slick it may be.

Tnx.

Tycho52 made an attempt to find a cacher for a Carlsbad-Futtsu, Japan or Karlov Vary, Czech Republic find, but no one volunteered.  I posted my request in the Australia forums and got a response in two days.

Tycho52, you can choose a different city; Oceanside has four sister cities, including Ensenada, BC Mexico.

Chuy, I'm going about this one the wrong way - I'm trying to learn both Czech and Japanese so I can converse with my new pen pals in Carlsbad's sister cities :D

I think I'll give it a go with Ensenada, a much better option.

And 'member, the owner allows a second find if you visit your partner's coordinates; he/she don't have to visit your's to claim the second find.

It's going to be a little toughter on me to visit Australia, but someday...

Why, I declare, it would shorely have to be the Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache Number 7.

Yeehaw!

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Do you know if Thing Valley Rd connects to Sunrise Hwy via Thin Valley Rd or any other access road?

Tnx.

Chuy,

This time of year the road is open all the way through to Sunrise; however, I haven't been up that way in a while so I can't swear to the fact that the road gate up toward Thing Valley Ranch is open. That's about seven miles north of our ranch. Should be open since it isn't fire season. Thing Valley Road and Morris Ranch Road connect to Sunrise Highway.

If Jim drops by Sandy Creek Ranch to pick up deliveries this week I'll check with him; he's the caretaker at Thing Valley Ranch so he will know for sure. Worst case one of us ol' cowboys might drive up to check the road gate. If I find out I'll post another message.

We have driven the road all the way through many times in our small 2WD Chevy pickup. Pretty rough trail on the east end but just keep it rolling through the rough and sandy spots. Good thing is if you are heading east then the rough section is downhill. If this new rain is heavy then all bets are off due to road erosion. Take no crazy chances.

If y' get stuck then make sure t' carry an organ donor card. You can't expect to have cell service along the truck trails. One thing for sure, it's worth seeing that stretch of truck trail. One other thing, don't light any signal fires if y' feel lost. That's already been done.

Good luck,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

I was out in Blair Valley this past weekend with the Lost Girls' Indian Princess group from the Ecke Y in Encinitas. The desert was beautiful and the weather was, for the most part, great. I had all the caches from the October caching campout loaded in my pocket pc, and was ripping to go for the next two days.

On Saturday morning we hid 6 temporary caches around a one mile loop in the valley for dads and their daughters to have a fun swag-filled activity and for them to get introduced to caching. The caches were no more than 20' up the hillsides in the rocks, or hidden in bushes in the basin. On the first of the temporary caches Lost Girl #1, who is in 5th grade and gets icked out pretty easily, jumped up on a rock and came within a few feet of a big fat rattler warming himself in the morning sun. She naturally freaked out. I calmed her down and she was just about to get her courage back when we ran into another big fatty with fangs sunning itself next to cache #4. That did in the Lost Girls as far as any rock-climbing for the remainder of the weekend.

Needless to say, we didn't feverishly go after the many caches in the area over the weekend. . I think we only grabbed 6 or 7 on Sunday morning before we had to head home. We did, however, have a great time in the desert, and were able to go to the mud caves and the pictographs in addition to our Indian Princess activities. I can't wait to get back down there next time.

Yeehaw!

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Tnx.

Last Saturday It was locked up tighter than one of them there drums.

;)  A number seven???  What is that?

Yeehaw!

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Tnx.

I've gone from old US 80 to Sunrise by two roads I believe.

One takes you up Kitchen Creek to Cibbets Flat CG and up Fred Canyon Rd to Thin Valley.

The other is farther east up La Posta Truck Trail & Thing Valley Rd to Thin Valley. I went with a great caching team up this way not too long ago.

As of March 11 the routes were closed:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/conditions/

In fact nearly everything seems to be closed in Cleveland. I believe it's still "winter season" for a while.

Parsa

Pine Mountain Road (Old Burma Road) is open and a nice drive Sumrall and I did it on Sunday. It makes for a nice loop. SPLASHMAN & SPLASHETTE have a 5 cache series on that road plus Duncan has one and a few others also.

PS A lot of fun things happen on that road ;) just ask Harmon...or maybe it should be "What happens on Old Berma Road stays on Old Berma Road".

Pine Mountain Road (Old Burma Road) is open and a nice drive Sumrall and I did it on Sunday. It makes for a nice loop. SPLASHMAN & SPLASHETTE have a 5 cache series on that road plus Duncan has one and a few others also.

PS A lot of fun things happen on that road ;) just ask Harmon...or maybe it should be "What happens on Old Berma Road stays on Old Berma Road".

O Lordy, I've been watchin' f'r that Harley babe ever since.

I've gone from old US 80 to Sunrise by two roads I believe.

One takes you up Kitchen Creek to Cibbets Flat CG and up Fred Canyon Rd to Thin Valley.

The other is farther east up La Posta Truck Trail & Thing Valley Rd to Thin Valley. I went with a great caching team up this way not too long ago.

As of March 11 the routes were closed:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/conditions/

In fact nearly everything seems to be closed in Cleveland. I believe it's still "winter season" for a while.

Parsa

That's a helpful link, Parsa; I bookmarked it.

Un the way up, I'll take a good look at those roads and see which, if any, have re-opened. If the ranger station is open, I may stop and ask them for info.

GoBolt and I had such a fabulous time last weekend that we're going back to the Lagunas this Saturday to hit the caches we didn't hit last weekend...join us if you'd like!

I was planning an outing this Saturday morning as the Adventure Pass requirement is waived the last Saturday of the month. However, I'm planning on starting at 6A.

What time will you folks be starting?

Anyone interested on an early start, let me know.

By the way, all you Laguna hikers, I have an Adventure Pass and a second vehicle pass that I would be happy to lend to the occasion. Just send me an e-mail.

Chuy said something about not needing one for this coming weekend....

"To ensure that people who feel they can't afford a pass have several opportunities to visit the forests each year without having to pay a fee, the Forest Service has designated 12 "Free" Days when the Adventure Pass is not required. The Adventure Pass fee will not be required the last Saturday of every month. A validated daily Adventure Pass for any "free" date may be exchanged for a new Pass at any Forest Service office. Campground and concessionaire fees still apply. In addition to the last Saturday of each month, Saturday, September 24, 2005 is also a multi-agency free day in recognition of National Public Lands Day."

I guess that means you still need the pass on Sunday???

BTW, FYI the following areas no longer need the pass. I've seen signs posted and it's on the Adventure Pass web site:

Area south of Interstate-8, Cleveland National Forest

Mt. Palomar area, north of State Highway 76, Cleveland National Forest

I was hoping to wait until the first of the month before buying one... it gives you more time.

Parsa

I was planning an outing this Saturday morning as the Adventure Pass requirement is waived the last Saturday of the month. However, I'm planning on starting at 6A.

What time will you folks be starting?

Anyone interested on an early start, let me know.

By the way, all you Laguna hikers, I have an Adventure Pass and a second vehicle pass that I would be happy to lend to the occasion. Just send me an e-mail.

Thanks FlagMan...I have the Golden Access Passport its good for life and its free.

;)

***** PAPERLESS CACHING NEWS FLASH *****

I know for a fact that $kimmer received her Garmin 60CS yesterday. I took a telephone call just now from Mr. The Vulture to discuss and finalize his decision to order her Palm Zire 31. That should do it for those two intrepid Geocachers; a Jeep, a new laptop, a new GPSr, and a new PDA.

$kimmer has already ordered me into a state of readiness for technical-support services as soon as the PDA hits her doorstep. I’ve got all of the associated utilities downloaded and am in a holding pattern awaiting further orders from the cache-nazi.

Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing when I introduced those two dynamos to Geocaching. They passed me up like the Roadrunner. Beep! Beep!

I love it,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
PS If you are over 62 The Golden Age Pass is $10 and good for life.

Don't mean to rub it in, but I've got 24 years to go before I can qualify for the Golden Age Pass :tired: .

Hey, I'm not getting old any more. I am old. I've had a Golden Age pass longer than some of you have been alive.

The part I like is when a ranger cards me to make sure that I'm old enough, especially when they do it in front of my oldey friends.

Tell me true, does a Golden Age Card take the place of a wilderness pass? I don't think so. How would y' hang it on the mirror?

Harmon

I checked this out today and they have "hangers" for the passes so you can hang them from the mirror.

On the website, it said they are available at Forest Service offices. ;)

You can get them at Big 5. The fist pass is $30 and the the second pass is only $5! :tired:

Oops, we cross-threaded. The hangars are for the wallet-style Golden Age and Golden Access cards.

I checked this out today and they have "hangers" for the passes so you can hang them from the mirror.

On the website, it said they are available at Forest Service offices. ;)

You can get them at Big 5. The fist pass is $30 and the the second pass is only $5! :tired:

Oops, we cross-threaded. The hangars are for the wallet-style Golden Age and Golden Access cards.

Sorry 'bout that! Ya got a tap & die set? ;)

I plan on starting with GC4E4D, Rock Hard Cache, and continuing up the Hwy with the easier ones. I plan on turning around at GCJZPE, Vector This.

Chuy, I'd like to join you; love to get out in to the woods in the morning. My plans to go to the desert got readjusted and Kiwimom says she has some work to do so it sounds like caching time for me. I'll email for a meeting time.

I'd like to leave mi casa by 5:30a; we'll see. Have to head back by noon.

On the way back, I'd like to head down via Thin Valley Rd to Kitchen Creek Rd to I8. Anyone know if this is possible? I have 2X WD mini truck.

so what is the eta at the sunrise highway?....just blew back in from florida and need to scratch the catch itch and would love to hit the sunrise highway....i'll be driving the 4x4.

You can get them at Big 5. The fist pass is $30 and the the second pass is only $5!  :anibad:

Here's my score of the year at Sports Authority in Escondio;

Dan-oh: I need an adventure pass for the year.

SA: I'm sorry sir, we're all out of the annual passes.

Dan-oh: Um, what do you have then?

SA: All we have are these second passes.

Dan-oh: (trembling) ...and they cost how much?

SA: Oh, they're only $5

Dan-oh: Yeah, I'll take one of them. (will I blow it if I get 3?)

She forgot to mark it too so I got a year and a half out of it!

Woohoo! Win one for the little guy.

Best bet is to get both a first and second pass for $35 and split the cost with a friend. $17.50 per year is better than $30. Or you could try and fight the entire thing. http://www.freeourforests.org/

I'd like to leave mi casa by 5:30a; we'll see.  Have to head back by noon.

On the way back, I'd like to head down via Thin Valley Rd to Kitchen Creek Rd to I8.  Anyone know if this is possible?  I have 2X WD mini truck.

so what is the eta at the sunrise highway?....just blew back in from florida and need to scratch the catch itch and would love to hit the sunrise highway....i'll be driving the 4x4.

O.K., now I'm getting nervous.

The various road names in the area being discussed include Kitchen Creek Road, Fred Canyon Road, Morris Ranch Road, Thing Valley Road, Desert View Road, and La Posta Truck Trail. The reference to "Thin Valley Road" is a misprint for "Thing Valley Road."

Road gates will be found on the southern end of Kitchen Creek Road and Fred Canyon Road near Cibbet's Flat Campground, where Fred Canyon Road meets Morris Ranch Road, where Morris Ranch Road meets La Posta Truck Trail, and near the junctions where Morris Ranch Road and Desert View Road meet Sunrise Highway.

One will find road gates in one of three conditions; either opened, closed, or closed and locked. Often a road gate will be closed but not locked. Locks are sometimes hard to see from a vehicle because they are shrouded. If not locked then a gate can be opened to drive through and then closed behind before proceeding. Don't forget to worry that the gate might get locked behind you after you have passed through. Going off road to bypass a road gate is really dumb as one can see from the van that's been stuck for years now in a creek-bed where Fred Canyon Road meets Morris Canyon Road.

The only reliable way to know whether road gates are locked is first hand observation. Web site entries aren't completely dependable because each and every service agency such as Sheriff, INS, CDF, and even ranchers have keys and have differing policies about road restrictions. Realize that there's some latency between locking or unlocking a gate and posting the fact on a web site.

Restrictions occur for many reasons such as fire, snow, road-surface degredation, and search-and-rescue efforts for lost souls and illegals. The other thing is that first-hand reports don't last very long, sometimes less than an our.

All of these roads can be driven, if cautiously, by 2WD pickups and SUVs unless road cross-cuts experience major erosion. Normally the roughest section is along the eastern end of Morris Ranch Road as it drops down toward La Posta Truck Trail. Of course there's been some major rain of late and the small county road crew takes a while to get to all of these back-country roads.

All that said, it is a delightful adventure to drive the roads in question. Naturally it's smart to team up with two or more vehicles. The service agencies are truly thrilled when they have to rescue somebody that's gotten themselves bogged down on a country road in a Buick Roadmaster.

For the most trouble-free experience, ride a horse.

Now I feel all better,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
The service agencies are truly thrilled when they have to rescue somebody that's gotten themselves bogged down on a country road in a Buick Roadmaster.

I've actually gone up Kitchen Creek Road in my Crown Victoria two years ago, that was an interesting adventure! Also gone up it on two different street motorcycles, including one fully set up for touring w/fairing, hard touring bags, etc... that was about ten years ago. Now looking forward to going up it in my jeep (and of course hitting up a few Sandy Creek Cowboy cache's while in the general area).

Okay, you've convinced me . . . got a spare horse? :anibad:

Sure, we'll let you ride Doc. That way you won't have t' open the gates t' go through them. So far I'm the only one that Doc hasn't bucked off 'cause I haven't tried t' ride him. Just 'cause I look stupid don't make it so. Well, you know, except f'r th' ladder. (They didn't keep his head up.)

I figured that you adventurous types won't be too concerned about the planed and polished roads of San Diego County. No big deal really, just go f'r it. Only reason I went off about it is th' unpredictable road gates. Well, that and havin' to drag a few people out of trouble now and then.

Hope y'all have time f'r some Sandy Creek Cowboy caches.

Y'all have fun,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

We will be going up Friday Night (my 'rents have a cabin about a mile from the ranger station) Caching all day Saturday. Sunday morning at O dark 30 we are going to a Sun rise service/breakfast then caching after...any and all are welcome to join us for any part including the sleep over. My phone works up there 619-206-3366...we will be monitoring channel 13 on the ol' fam. rad..

Dave & Sumrall

We got a letter the other day from one of my rancher relatives that we thought we'd share with you.

...I'm jsut a cowhand & don't claim to be no geinus, but I ain't no dope either, for I have been to Acoma, once or twice to Juarez (that's the town where you get the bare facts all right), what with dust storms, gully washes, rattle snakes, and them atomic gadgets riling up the cows, I figure there ain't much in this land of enchantment I ain't come across at one time or another. Well, I was wrong, and I'll tell you why.

About a week or so ago, I was over by Big Butte trying to find some a them stray doggies & just trottin along watchin the horny toads and lizards, thinkin of nothin but payday, when it happened. I come over a little rise an there below me was a sight tha alomst caused me to stick to pink lemonade from now on. In the middle of a cloud of skip burrow dust, I spied a bunch a cars bouncing up an down on a old loggin road that didn't go no place, just stopped at a dry rocky hill.

Them cars was full of the durndest lookin human types a beings you could ever imagin. Could be too much sun, I thought, so I shook my haid an looked again. They was still there, stopped a bunch like they was expectin a Indian attack. Doors banged open an out come kids, dogs, creatures of all ages, sizes, an shapes. They was all carryin little boxes an they had little bags strapped on their shoulders. They would stare at them boxes, then run off. Stop, look at the box again, then go off in a different direction. After a while, they would start crawlin under bushes an turning over rocks an all sorts of strange stuff. One of em finally hollered somethin an the rest hurried over. It looked like the one that hollered now had a bigger box that she was openin. She then started diggin around in the box, took somethin out, put somethin else in, an gave the box to someone else, who started diggin in it. There was a lot of talkin an laughin goin on an they was showin each other what they got. Th box made the rounds, then they did somethin real strange. After bein so intent on findin the box, they put it back an left it! Can you imagin?

All the time they was runnin around I was gettin mighty curious. I first figures they maybe are a bunch a inmates out for a picnic, but nobody seemed to be herdin em an I noticed that all em seemed happy as everthin. They don't seemed dangerous, neither. Ever little bit one of em stopped to wipe kids noses or pet one a the dogs real kind like.

About the time they was ready to put the box back, one a the stray doggies started headin their way, so I sloped over close enough to shout "Howdy Folks, what brings you out this way?" Them people turned an looked at me with big grins showin an started yellin things at me. I couldn't believe my ears. It sounded like they was yelling things like Tuppawar, ammo can, an somethin that sounded like...

Gee-oh-cashn. <_<B)

"Howdy Folks, what brings you out this way?" Them people turned an looked at me with big grins showin an started yellin things at me. I couldn't believe my ears. It sounded like they was yelling things like Tuppawar, ammo can, an somethin that sounded like...

Gee-oh-cashn. <_<B)

Shoot, that must of been Carpenter from Hell out roundin' up Tullock's strays. I'll check it out in th' mornin' after biscuits.

How 'bout a pre-Laguna gathering?

Cegrube and I are getting together for lunch tomorrow at Trophy's in La Mesa.

Coords are N32 46.600 W117 00.676, back of Grossmont Center.

Gobolt may join us; RayJimmy will be tied up, figuratively speaking.

Y'all are invited to join us. 11:30a.

I'd like to leave mi casa by 5:30a; we'll see.  Have to head back by noon.

On the way back, I'd like to head down via Thin Valley Rd to Kitchen Creek Rd to I8.  Anyone know if this is possible?  I have 2X WD mini truck.

Cegrube and I are carpooling; we hope to arrive at GC4E4D, Rock Hard Cache, at 6A. RayJimmy is planning to meet us there.

I'm not sure where Gobolt and Parsa are starting at. We hope to cross paths somewhere along the way. Gobolt has not visited the Foster Point cache, and it's on our to-do list, 8 caches down; we could cross paths there.

Edit: here is our intended itineary (for starters):

GC4E4D Rock Harc

GCKFND Moo

GCJTZV Did You Know...

GCJVKD Treasure Tree #6

GCJWDM Vallecito Valley View

GCN5Xk Paul Bunyan's Wrath

GC5FIC Foster Point

GCK61W Woodchuck Chips

GCM1D0 Where Am I

GCM3CZ Special Delivery

GCJV0E Kwaaymii High

GCHDGC Vista Del Fuego

GCJZPE Vector This

GCEB08 View to the Stars

Vector This is our turnaround point.

If Thing Valley is open, we'll head that way to visit the Sandy Creek caches. Otherwise, we'll head to the caches east of Woodchuck Chips.

Gobolt, do you know if View to the Stars has working hours? If 24/7, we'll visit it after Treasure Tree #6.

Edited by Chuy
Edit:  here is our intended itineary (for starters):

GC4E4D Rock Harc

GCKFND Moo

GCJTZV Did You Know...

GCJVKD Treasure Tree #6

GCJWDM Vallecito Valley View

GCN5Xk Paul Bunyan's Wrath

GC5FIC Foster Point

GCK61W Woodchuck Chips

GCM1D0 Where Am I

GCM3CZ Special Delivery

GCJV0E Kwaaymii High

GCHDGC Vista Del Fuego

GCJZPE Vector This

GCEB08 View to the Stars

Here is a Zoomed Out TOPO of your intended itinerary:

Sunrise-Filtered_Waypoints.jpg

Here is the same view with other caches included:

Sunrise-All_Waypoints.jpg

Here is a more southern view with the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches in the lower right corner:

Sunrise-Sandy_Creek.jpg

Here is a PDF file with a detailed TOPO of the area. Blow it up to 100% for best viewing.

Note: The numbers at the end of the waypoints are the terrain rating for the cache.

It looks like a fun day and I wish I could join you guys. Have a good time.

Rocket Man

Edited by Rocket Man

Regarding the Paperless Geocaching Event

We are currently targeting April 14th as the date for the event. Steve of the Dillon Gang still needs to confirm that date with the Principal of the school (He will be able to check after Easter). We are going to hold the event in the auditorium so we can accommodate the expected numbers that will attend. I will post the cache page as soon as I get confirmation that the date is a go.

The auditorium currently does not have internet available. Having internet is not mandatory for the event, but it is desirable. The school has the cable ready to install into the auditorium but they don’t have anyone to do the installation. If anyone out there has experience installing CAT5 and would like to help out, please contact the Dillon Gang via the link on their profile.

Thanks,

Rocket Man

Gobolt, do you know if View to the Stars has working hours? If 24/7, we'll visit it after Treasure Tree #6.

It's 24/7

I did View to the Stars last month, and it is not off-limits after hours. Just park at the coordinates off the road, and wander about the observatory complex for a bit. All the scopes are closed, but the wps are not. It's a fun one!

Whoops....just realised that I'm logged in on my brother's account. Stupid auto-logger function!

--TT--

Edited by The Cow Spots

It's 24/7

I did View to the Stars last month, and it is not off-limits after hours. Just park at the coordinates off the road, and wander about the observatory complex for a bit. All the scopes are closed, but the wps are not. It's a fun one!

Whoops....just realised that I'm logged in on my brother's account. Stupid auto-logger function!

--TT--

My wife has only been on a couple of geo-hunts, but she loves astronomy. Would be better as a daytime or nighttime trip?

It's 24/7

--TT--

b0a4e330-8141-4896-8362-330c870d7e1b.jpg

Definitely a worthwhile Geocaching adventure. There's a surprising number of telecope buildings. Also you get a bird's eye view of Morris Ranch.

It's an easy and pleasant walk from the parking lot to the cache locations. It's even better on a Geohorse.

Edited by SD Rowdies