The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Define active... :laughing:

Geez, I don't know, found a cache in the last year???

Starcrwzr

I'm one if you want to start a list. :laughing:

Two! :laughing:

I'm active in San Diego County, but recently in New Jersey, Nevada and Arizona too. :o however, thankfully I am based in San Diego County. Nothing like comming home!

Add that nut-case Cegrube to the list.

Oh...Oh...let me beat the horse next....

Tigger's mango caches...

I need to go to bed...

When I first read this, I thought you were saying Tigger's mangos were caches.... :rolleyes:

Sheesh

must resist bad joke... must not do it... can't resist... bad joke coming...

This Green Jeep (TB12RKH) would need to visit those caches. :rolleyes:

Oh...Oh...let me beat the horse next....

Tigger's mango caches...

I need to go to bed...

When I first read this, I thought you were saying Tigger's mangos were caches.... :rolleyes:

Sheesh

must resist bad joke... must not do it... can't resist... bad joke coming...

This Green Jeep (TB12RKH) would need to visit those caches. :rolleyes:

The number 9 answer is........The cache is just south of there. :huh:

Edited by TrailGators

Welcome back Jahoadi and john hope you had a good vacation now get back to some Caching <_<;)

We were happy to see they found Qdmobile 200k before we did this afternoon. If they had a cell phone, we would have called them to see if they wanted to do some more caching. ;)

;) Get back to caching???? John kept his one a day streak going the whole vacation, but it was really hard...we had to get up in the pouring rain at 5:45 to do it, kayak, climb a mountain and walk through a dairy farm...and when you get a DNF the next one is 30 miles away. Glad to be back where there are no trees to ruin reception too. We even brought a devilish micro idea back with us!!! :)

Does anyone have a copy of the final episode of Treasure Hunters they would be willing to share?

I was out battling the Evil Empire on Monday night, and my kids bought a video-on-demand movie, and that cacelled my TiVO recording! :laughing:

I already know who won, but would still like to see it...

Hey Dave - I have it recorded on my DVR I can burn you a copy. You need any of the other episodes?

Redstareg where were you this morning? We had a blast doing the Otay MTN. cache's. Boy were we surprised to see a rattlesnake hiding behind the cache at WW 2 Bunkers. Lostguy had just pulled it out from the rocks, Then Driving out close to X marks the spot we see one crossing the road. :laughing:

I overslept this morning because I brother in law decided we needed to go out last night and celenrate my bday. I woke up finally around 11 am and saw the missed calls :)

I'm sorry I missed the fun.

This afternoon I'll probably be heading out to do some caching and maybe grab a few over the next couple of days

:laughing: I was talking to the guy who sits next to us at Charger games and he is a surveyor for the gov't. He said the marines at MCAS Miramar are getting ready to turn part of the land north of 52 (the area I call Spring Canyon) over to the county and it will probably become part of MTRP. Ain't that grand? No more marines on quads shooting at us with paint balls or harassing Harmon or LLOT.

:unsure: I was talking to the guy who sits next to us at Charger games and he is a surveyor for the gov't. He said the marines at MCAS Miramar are getting ready to turn part of the land north of 52 (the area I call Spring Canyon) over to the county and it will probably become part of MTRP. Ain't that grand? No more marines on quads shooting at us with paint balls or harassing Harmon or LLOT.

That sounds bad to me. Just means more caches north of the 52. :) Seems like a mini cache war would break out as soon as it was opened. :laughing:

Does anyone have a couple of extra Sea World tickets that they would be willing to trade for a couple of Zoo or Wild Animal Park tickets?

I have a cache I need to fix up.

Thanks

Didn't Flagman get a one hour shopping pass at Sea World a couple of years ago? Perhaps they still have the same arrangement. You can park for free on a city street just east of the parking lot. If you don't need much time there and they still offer the the pass, it might be a way to get in. Oh, and don't forget to get your 2 cups of free beer. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a copy of the final episode of Treasure Hunters they would be willing to share?

I was out battling the Evil Empire on Monday night, and my kids bought a video-on-demand movie, and that cacelled my TiVO recording! :rolleyes:

I already know who won, but would still like to see it...

Hey Dave - I have it recorded on my DVR I can burn you a copy. You need any of the other episodes?

Hey Tony!

That is great! That is the only one I missed! :anibad:

Thanks for the offer.

Dave

Does anyone have a couple of extra Sea World tickets that they would be willing to trade for a couple of Zoo or Wild Animal Park tickets?

I have a cache I need to fix up.

Thanks

Didn't Flagman get a one hour shopping pass at Sea World a couple of years ago? Perhaps they still have the same arrangement. You can park for free on a city street just east of the parking lot. If you don't need much time there and they still offer the the pass, it might be a way to get in. Oh, and don't forget to get your 2 cups of free beer. :rolleyes:

Thanks...I will give that a try.

PS Is that good beer of John beer?

:P

Monday, August 28 12:00 AM ET

Magellan Releases Personalized Navigation Systems

By Brian Briggs

San Dimas, CA – Thales Navigation announced new versions of their popular Magellan in-car GPS navigation systems, the RoadMate 9000 Series, which will be available in three models.

Vice president of sales for the Magellan brand, Neil Hodak, said, "Normally, a car navigation system will issue commands in a pleasant female voice like 'approaching left turn in point five miles' or 'arriving at destination.' A survey of our customers showed that while pleasant, the voice and commands were impersonal and lacked variety."

Hodak continued, "That's why we developed the RoadMate 9000 series. It'll make the driver feel like someone from their family is in the car with them."

The three models available are the 9000W, 9000H and 9000S.

First, the 9000W is targeted at husbands who travel for business. It will issue commands like, "You've been circling for fifteen minutes, why aren't you listening to me?" and "You should've stopped at that gas station and asked for directions like I said."

The 9000H designed for wives will only have three voice commands available: "Step on it", "I'm hungry" or a series of unintelligible grunts.

Lastly, the 9000S for unmarried drivers will use a motherly voice and issue helpful commands like, "I see you're stopping near a fancy restaurant, but I don't remember stopping to pick up a date. Isn't it a little pathetic to be dining alone?"

"We know driving can be a frustrating experience for many, so bringing a familiar voice into the car can be calming. So, for each model the customer can send in a 30-second voice sample and we'll customize the system's voice to match," said Hodak.

The RoadMate 9000 models are already available in rental cars from Hertz, and consumer models will be released later this month.

:P

Monday, August 28 12:00 AM ET

By Brian Briggs

San Dimas, CA – Thales Navigation announced new versions of their popular Magellan in-car GPS navigation systems, the RoadMate 9000 Series, which will be available in three models.

Vice president of sales for the Magellan brand, Neil Hodak, said, "Normally, a car navigation system will issue commands in a pleasant female voice like 'approaching left turn in point five miles' or 'arriving at destination.' A survey of our customers showed that while pleasant, the voice and commands were impersonal and lacked variety."

Hodak continued, "That's why we developed the RoadMate 9000 series. It'll make the driver feel like someone from their family is in the car with them."

First, the 9000W is targeted at husbands who travel for business. It will issue commands like, "You've been circling for fifteen minutes, why aren't you listening to me?" and "You should've stopped at that gas station and asked for directions like I said."

The 9000H designed for wives will only have three voice commands available: "Step on it", "I'm hungry" or a series of unintelligible grunts.

Lastly, the 9000S for unmarried drivers will use a motherly voice and issue helpful commands like, "I see you're stopping near a fancy restaurant, but I don't remember stopping to pick up a date. Isn't it a little pathetic to be dining alone?"

"We know driving can be a frustrating experience for many, so bringing a familiar voice into the car can be calming. So, for each model the customer can send in a 30-second voice sample and we'll customize the system's voice to match," said Hodak.

The RoadMate 9000 models are already available in rental cars from Hertz, and consumer models will be released later this month.

Does it also say "Are we there yet? every 5 minutes in a childs voice? :)

Just created this tongue in cheek audio file for fun:

The Podcacher Ultimate Motivational Primer: The Caching PUMP

The Caching PUMP

Burn it to a CD or load on an MP3 player. Best heard over headphones.

Enjoy!

Ok, I'm ready to go!!! C'mon Marko Ramius - let's see some new caches pop out...backpack is by the door, hiking shoes already on, GPS in hand, a case of water in the car along with my treking poles, ammo cans and other misc cache containers....c'mon...c'mon

Just burned it onto CD to play in the car - thanks Sonny and Sandy!!!

:P Monday, August 28 12:00 AM ET

By Brian Briggs

Does it also say "Are we there yet? every 5 minutes in a childs voice? :)

And if you try to program it while in motion, it screams out "Stop touching me! Mom! He touched me!" :)

Just created this tongue in cheek audio file for fun:

The Podcacher Ultimate Motivational Primer: The Caching PUMP

The Caching PUMP

Burn it to a CD or load on an MP3 player. Best heard over headphones.

Enjoy!

:lol::o:):o

That's great! It sounds kind Mission impossible like. My son just looked up while it was playing and started laughing. He thought it was cool.

Thanks Sonny and Sandy for the fun!

Done. I threw a few more into the pot, but sorry to say it lost 3 as well. Maybe a non-local "Our out-of-state caching friends" list is in order!?!?!

It seems someone was removed from the list. Geez, you leave for a few months and you get kicked off the list. OMG, it's actually been a whole year. My how time flies. RM

Done. I threw a few more into the pot, but sorry to say it lost 3 as well. Maybe a non-local "Our out-of-state caching friends" list is in order!?!?!

It seems someone was removed from the list. Geez, you leave for a few months and you get kicked off the list. OMG, it's actually been a whole year. My how time flies. RM

Thats easy Dave, just come back!