The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Congrats D-Jollymon & blkwidow! :P

Team Reid

Hey Now! Congrats!

Okay, what are we congratsing for??

Did they tie the knot?.....is that right? If so.....Congratulations!

So is the honeymoon all about caching?

The nuptuals are old news... Must be something else...

Congrats D-Jollymon & blkwidow! :P

Team Reid

Hey Now! Congrats!

YEAH!!!

What are we celebrating??? I'm always ready for a party!!!

Warning!

Woman hiker attacked on Iron Mountain (UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM

1:49 p.m. August 11, 2006

POWAY -- A woman hiking alone was accosted by a man on Iron Mountain Trail on Monday afternoon, sheriff's deputies said.

The woman, who is in her 20s, was on the trail near state Route 67 and Poway Road when a man approached her and tried to attack her at 3:30 p.m. She was able to fend off the attacker, who then fled on SR-67.

The woman went on her own to a hospital late Monday night or early Tuesday morning, said sheriff's Detective Dan Meyers. She was not hurt, but hospital staff alerted deputies of the attempted attack.

The attacker is described as a white man in his 20s, about 6 feet tall with a slender to medium build. He was shirtless, wearing grey sweatpants, a baseball cap and sunglasses.

Deputies said they believe the attack is an isolated incident but urged hikers to be careful as a precaution. Deputies recommended people hike in pairs whenever possible and remain alert of suspicious activity.

Meyers asked anyone with information on the incident to call him at (858) 513-2800.

Warning!

Woman hiker attacked on Iron Mountain (UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM

1:49 p.m. August 11, 2006

POWAY -- A woman hiking alone was accosted by a man on Iron Mountain Trail on Monday afternoon, sheriff's deputies said.

The woman, who is in her 20s, was on the trail near state Route 67 and Poway Road when a man approached her and tried to attack her at 3:30 p.m. She was able to fend off the attacker, who then fled on SR-67.

The woman went on her own to a hospital late Monday night or early Tuesday morning, said sheriff's Detective Dan Meyers. She was not hurt, but hospital staff alerted deputies of the attempted attack.

The attacker is described as a white man in his 20s, about 6 feet tall with a slender to medium build. He was shirtless, wearing grey sweatpants, a baseball cap and sunglasses.

Deputies said they believe the attack is an isolated incident but urged hikers to be careful as a precaution. Deputies recommended people hike in pairs whenever possible and remain alert of suspicious activity.

Meyers asked anyone with information on the incident to call him at (858) 513-2800.

That's awful.......I have to admit, sometimes I worry when I hike alone. Thanks for the heads up...and reminder that we should always be cautious.

....but that's why I bring my trusty little pooch...Roxy.....Now, I'd have to say, I'd be completely screwed if my attacker threw a ball. <_<

So.....I took a little break from work to upload a couple of pics to caches I've been doing and noticed something odd........

Check out the Green Jeep TB pic on this site:

Green Jeep TB

But then it's actually a pic of this Jeep TB.......(how did I discover this?)

Discovered this

Hmmm.......me thinks there could be a lot of discoveries here. <_<:unsure:

Okay, quick edit...my bad, looks like the folks at Groundspeak noticed it too. :D

Edited by Team Geogeeks
So.....I took a little break from work to upload a couple of pics to caches I've been doing and noticed something odd........

Green Jeep TB

Discovered this

Okay, quick edit...my bad, looks like the folks at Groundspeak noticed it too. :D

I think they should rename those things to "Discover Bugs!" :D

Green Jeep TB

Discovered this

Yeah, I noticed the tag when they first announced the Green Jeeps. Back then, it said that the tag had not been activated. I wrote it down just to see if it would be "discoverable" at some point. When I checked back, I noticed that 60-some people were watching it (now 70-some) and that it had been locked against anyone submitting logs against it. Obviously, I was not the only one to notice... :D

I am pleased to report the birth of Andrew Garrett Thomps(e/o)n, who was born this morning in New Jersey and weighed in at 8 lbs. 9 ozs. and 22" long! He is reported to be quite sweet and adorable (but give him 20 years or so and watch out!) <_<

Jeff asked me to pass on his thanks for all of our warm wishes and kind thoughts.

Okay, I know this is not Geocaching related at all...but this might be a good opportunity to talk caching or snag some caches downtown... <_<

Dave (GoBolts!) has an extra ticket to tonight's Padres' game (I can't go). They are playing San Francisco and it should be a good game...

If anyone is interested in going please give him a call at (619) 206-3366.

:unsure:

Edited by tigger's mango

Okay, I know this is not Geocaching related at all...but this might be a good opportunity to talk caching or snag some caches downtown... :unsure:

Dave (GoBolts!) has an extra ticket to tonight's Padres' game (I can't go). They are playing San Francisco and it should be a good game...

If anyone is interested in going please give him a call at (619) 206-3366.

:D

OK sweet, I'm off the hook...Thanks!!! <_<

I am pleased to report the birth of Andrew Garrett Thomps(e/o)n, who was born this morning in New Jersey and weighed in at 8 lbs. 9 ozs. and 22" long! He is reported to be quite sweet and adorable (but give him 20 years or so and watch out!) :ph34r:

Jeff asked me to pass on his thanks for all of our warm wishes and kind thoughts.

Who likes pictures?? :huh::huh:

TT V 2.0

I am pleased to report the birth of Andrew Garrett Thomps(e/o)n, who was born this morning in New Jersey and weighed in at 8 lbs. 9 ozs. and 22" long! He is reported to be quite sweet and adorable (but give him 20 years or so and watch out!) :mad:

Who likes pictures?? :huh::ph34r:

TT V 2.0

Wow! That's a big baby! And a cuties! Congratulations to the new parents! :ph34r::huh::mad::huh:

I am pleased to report the birth of Andrew Garrett Thomps(e/o)n, who was born this morning in New Jersey and weighed in at 8 lbs. 9 ozs. and 22" long! He is reported to be quite sweet and adorable (but give him 20 years or so and watch out!) :ph34r:

Who likes pictures?? :huh::ph34r:

TT V 2.0

Thanks for the pics! Beautiful baby.. make sure to buy him some puzzles! :huh:

Paul

Yes.....the progeny is here. :ph34r::huh:

Andrew Garratt Thompsen, born 6:15 AM 8/14/06. 8 lb 9 oz., 22" (aka fat-a** or Big-boy).

APGAR: 1min = 8 , 5 min = 9 (go Andrew!)

Mom is doing well after delivery and passes along her thanks to everyone! As for me...well....Just a wreck.....After one meconium filled diaper change this morning I've had my fill (pardon the pun). :huh: But everything is well and he's a beautiful child. Barely cries at all...which I'm sure won't last.

Oh dear Lord.....how do I puzzle cache now?!?!?

Thanks to all the SD crowd for the well-wishes and support and I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more photos here soon!

--TT--

Here's a puzzle for you: Mom is gone. The football game is on with your team behind by 6 driving with 1:22 left. The baby starts crying. You ponder whether the baby is crying because: a) he is hungry; b- he wants to be held; c) he is over-tired; d) he has a big smelly surprise for you. Then phone rings and at the same time someone starts knocking at the front door. You look down your laptop and notice that a brand new FTF has popped up only a few blocks from your house! What do you do? :huh:

Edited by TrailGators

Here's a puzzle for you: Mom is gone. The football game is on with your team behind by 6 driving with 1:22 left. The baby starts crying. You ponder whether the baby is crying because: a) he is hungry; b- he wants to be held; c) he is over-tired; d) he has a big smelly surprise for you. Then phone rings and at the same time someone starts knocking at the front door. You look down your laptop and notice that a brand new FTF has popped up only a few blocks from your house! What do you do? :huh:

Tivo, babysitter, answering machine, barking dog, GPS

Andrew Garratt Thompsen, born 6:15 AM 8/14/06. 8 lb 9 oz., 22" (aka fat-a** or Big-boy).

Congrats!

Ya gotta do something when you are up late... I fear a whole new set of inspirations. It won't be Monopoly and chess anymore. It'll be Candyland and Blues Clues...

Thanks to all the SD crowd for the well-wishes and support and I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more photos here soon!

Does Harmon know about this...?

Congrats!

Ya gotta do something when you are up late... I fear a whole new set of inspirations. It won't be Monopoly and chess anymore. It'll be Candyland and Blues Clues...

Does Harmon know about this...?

Congratulations!

C'mon, send the photos for crying out loud. Mention any Photoshop themes you might favor. At least mention the make and model of your current PDA and GPSr.

Uh-oh, guess I should have scrolled back up the thread for the photos.

Edited by SD Rowdies

--TT--

I can almost see it now.............

You're out caching with Andy in a backpack. :huh: You smell something :ph34r: and decide you've gotta stop and deal with it. :huh: You place Andy on a rock and begin to change him holding your GPS under your chin. :huh: Suddenly, the child gives you a good kick in the **** :ph34r: and you drop the GPS in the mess. :mad:

Ahhh, the joys of parenthood!

Tivo, babysitter, answering machine, barking dog, GPS

Okay...now you know the right thing to do would be.....

Tivo

Answering Machine

Whoever is a the door must be another geocacher wanting to go out after that brand new cache.

Change the diaper and pop a bottle on your nifty belt that also holds the cell phone, GPS and PDA.

Strap Jr. to the infant backpack and get him started early

Bring home Chocolate and flowers for your wife after you're done doing your geocaching cuz *you* will need too! :huh:

I can just here it now :huh: The wifes going to see these and.......Oh!!!! Huny Can we have another???? :huh::ph34r::ph34r::huh:

When is he getting his own GPS? You know it's comming.

Good looking boy!!!

Yeah, have to admit...after seeing those pics I'm having a hankering for another one.....but then that lasts about 3 seconds after I read the posts about dirty diapers, etc. :mad:

Congrats D-Jollymon & blkwidow! :laughing:

Team Reid

Hey Now! Congrats!

YEAH!!!

What are we celebrating??? I'm always ready for a party!!!

Yep, I'm a day late and a dollar short! I noticed Ali's picture on the front page of GC.com, and wondered how Dave and Ali were doing. Haven't heard much from them lately, so I wondered if they were still in town. Checked out Dave's profile and noticed a cache log in July in New York. Better to be late than never! Congrats again, guys! We'll have to have a pizza party in your honor!

Robyn of Team Reid :rolleyes:

I am pleased to report the birth of Andrew Garrett Thomps(e/o)n, who was born this morning in New Jersey and weighed in at 8 lbs. 9 ozs. and 22" long! He is reported to be quite sweet and adorable (but give him 20 years or so and watch out!) :laughing:

Congrats to the new parents! How cool is that. What a cutie!

Team Reid

Can anyone tell me where's the best place in San Diego to get ammo cans? Isn't there an army surplus store in El Cajon somewhere? I live in Julian and would like to find the best deal with the least amount of gasoline expended. Thanks.

Starcrwzr

Mountain High B&B and Observatory

Show me your GPSr and get a 10% discount

GI Joes which is just a block or so down the road when you take the El Cajon Blvd exit from 8-West, just past Chase...

More life-changing events are afoot: I've got a job lined up in the UK, and the missus has also got a job in London to go to, so we'll be leaving in mid-September, probably around the 17/18th. This means that I've only got a month left! :D:):)

I will be putting all my caches out for adoption - if there's one you know you want, email me and I'll sort it out. I'll put up a page/thread somewhere next week for those nobody has claimed by then. And no, if you haven't found one of my puzzle caches, I won't give you the coords if you offer to adopt it!

For those thinking of an event cache to celebrate getting rid of me, I think probably the only weekend doable would be the 8/9/10th, and as long as it involves booze and I can get a ride home, I don't care what/where it is!