Personal best 19 FTFs in a day

Scubasonic

Have a personal best for the day in FTFs got some at 1 am and then again at 9 am and the day isn't even 1/2 over I'm lovin it. Brings my FTF total to around 1050 FTFs

Scubasonic

Thats cool.... Never came close.... Best Ive done is 23 caches in a day over about a 10 mile hike with my then 14 year old and a freind of his. There were no FTF's just a bad case of PI on CPStews (my son) friend.

We dont go crazy as some on the First to Finds, If we have a chance we will make a Midnight run for one.

Cache on and I look foward to your post on finding 20 in a day....

:D:)

Edited by sdrawkcab

Our best is 18 FTF's in a day(Twice). We have 390 FTF's to date. That 1050 is really impressive. The wifey had to drive me around last night around 10:30p.m.in her pjs for a couple FTF's down the street. We were laughing the whole time. We have a blast going for FTF's around our area, we have a few hounds out here. It's not uncommon to have four or five cachers show up at an FTF. Good times. Love those FTFs.

Wow, congrats! Our area doesn't get 19 new caches in one month, let alone one day! Quite an achievement! Hooray for you!!!!

Over about a five month period beginning last September we didn't get 19 new caches within 20 miles of where I live.

I got FTF on a cache a couple of days ago. It's been out for almost three weeks an so far I'm the only one that has found it.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

Yeah, there were quite a few "almost" power trail-type caches listed today. I saw some of your logs for today. ;)

I don't go out for FTF's, but the few times that I have gone out to brand new caches, I almost always meet up with the local FTF hounds. That's always a fun experience! That's what I like most about FTF's. It's like a mini event. :D

Edited by Ambrosia

Yeah, there were quite a few "almost" power trail-type caches listed today. I saw some of your logs for today. ;)

I don't go out for FTF's, but the few times that I have gone out to brand new caches, I almost always meet up with the local FTF hounds. That's always a fun experience! That's what I like most about FTF's. It's like a mini event. :D

Just as I was getting back to work another 14 by the same CO came out in about the same area but at some point you have to make a living but it's killing me........but 21 FTFs in a day well I can't complain.

Scubasonic

Yeah, there were quite a few "almost" power trail-type caches listed today. I saw some of your logs for today. :D

I don't go out for FTF's, but the few times that I have gone out to brand new caches, I almost always meet up with the local FTF hounds. That's always a fun experience! That's what I like most about FTF's. It's like a mini event. :laughing:

Just as I was getting back to work another 14 by the same CO came out in about the same area but at some point you have to make a living but it's killing me........but 21 FTFs in a day well I can't complain.

Scubasonic

;) I was wondering if you would run out to them, but I thought that the numbers of caches being pumped out would start to get to be too much. :laughing:

Edited by Ambrosia

Yeah, there were quite a few "almost" power trail-type caches listed today. I saw some of your logs for today. :D

I don't go out for FTF's, but the few times that I have gone out to brand new caches, I almost always meet up with the local FTF hounds. That's always a fun experience! That's what I like most about FTF's. It's like a mini event. :laughing:

Scubasonic

;) I was wondering if you would run out to them, but I thought that the numbers of caches being pumped out would start to get to be too much. :laughing:

well ended with 23 FTFs

congrats Scubasonic! ;)

this is what geocaching is about, is what makes each one of us happy and you sure are happy

i wish more people will see that and stop judging those that don't play by their rules and don;t enjoy the same aspects of the game

Hey thanks for the kind words It's a HOOT !!!

SS

Congratulations!!! I'm excited for you. That's quite an achievement!

Well the update is when I posted earlier at about 4 pm 16 more FTFs came out in the series called "Cash Flow" I had them on my watch list but they went un-found so I called my buddy and we made a 9:30 PM run at them and got all but 1 and yep FTF so my total for the day is 38 FTFs. and made it home to log them just before midnight.

Scubasonic

Well the update is when I posted earlier at about 4 pm 16 more FTFs came out in the series called "Cash Flow" I had them on my watch list but they went un-found so I called my buddy and we made a 9:30 PM run at them and got all but 1 and yep FTF so my total for the day is 38 FTFs. and made it home to log them just before midnight.

Scubasonic

Cool!! The most I have ever gotten is 10 in a day, but I don't really keep track of my FTFs usually. That was certainly a fun time though ;)

I am impressed with your record. I'm glad you had a great time.

Scubasonic

Cool!! The most I have ever gotten is 10 in a day, but I don't really keep track of my FTFs usually. That was certainly a fun time though ;)

I am impressed with your record. I'm glad you had a great time.

It was a lot of fun have always liked the adrenaline rush of getting a FTF, it never changes when you get the Ground Zero.

Scubasonic

We have a blast going for FTF's around our area, we have a few hounds out here. It's not uncommon to have four or five cachers show up at an FTF.

We get a lot of those around here too. My favorite was one published about 4 PM on a Friday, about 4 blocks north of my office. I briefly considered knocking off early & making a run, but decided against. A co-worker went, however. 10 minutes later he called to inform me that he was third. By the time I got there at 4:30, a half-dozen people had found it & were still hanging around chatting.

About 2 years ago, one of our local cache addicts excused herself from a poker game in her basement (with other cachers in attendance), walked down her block, across the street, & grabbed a new cache about 10 minutes after publishing.

We have a blast going for FTF's around our area, we have a few hounds out here. It's not uncommon to have four or five cachers show up at an FTF.

We get a lot of those around here too. My favorite was one published about 4 PM on a Friday, about 4 blocks north of my office. I briefly considered knocking off early & making a run, but decided against. A co-worker went, however. 10 minutes later he called to inform me that he was third. By the time I got there at 4:30, a half-dozen people had found it & were still hanging around chatting.

About 2 years ago, one of our local cache addicts excused herself from a poker game in her basement (with other cachers in attendance), walked down her block, across the street, & grabbed a new cache about 10 minutes after publishing.

I once swam over a 1 1/2 miles in January one way to an Island in the middle of a lake to get a FTF I will always remember that one. I used my Drysuit.

Scubasonic

Edited by Scubasonic
I got FTF on a cache a couple of days ago. It's been out for almost three weeks an so far I'm the only one that has found it.

That's surprising to me. I though Ithaca was full of very active cachers.

Not really. There are only a handful of active geocachers in Ithaca, and I wouldn't consider any of them to be a FTF hound. It's pretty common for a new cache here not to be found on the day it's published and I've seen quite a few that have gone several days or a week before it's found. In this case however, there were 2-3 others that tried to find that cache before I looked for it.

I once swam over a 1 1/2 miles in January one way to an Island in the middle of a lake to get a FTF I will always remember that one. I used my Drysuit.

Scubasonic

My husband and I once swam in about 50 degree water to get a FTF on an island in the mountains. But we didn't use anything. :D;)

I'm sorry, but do you do anything BUT geocache? I would like to think most of us have a multitude of hobbies and don't rush out and drive 10 miles on a second notice every day. Whatever floats your boat, but you should really think of diverisifing your life. I just got 12 geocaches yesterday.... TWELVE! Albeit these are years old geocaches, but I spent the majority of my day doing that, unless you literally spend all day geocaching I can't see how one can get 19 FTF unless a new power trail was made.

I'm sorry, but do you do anything BUT geocache? I would like to think most of us have a multitude of hobbies and don't rush out and drive 10 miles on a second notice every day. Whatever floats your boat, but you should really think of diverisifing your life. I just got 12 geocaches yesterday.... TWELVE! Albeit these are years old geocaches, but I spent the majority of my day doing that, unless you literally spend all day geocaching I can't see how one can get 19 FTF unless a new power trail was made.

Hey now... that's not very nice.

Well lets get the facts straight it was 19 FTFs by mid morning, but by the end of the day it was 38 FTFs :) and it did not take me all day. And yes your right "To each his own". I was wondering how long it would take for the one of the "I think you should have other hobbies" or "you should do what I think you should" crowd to chime in with their .02 cents. You cache how you want to, and I will cache they way I want to, and power to us both.

Scubasonic

Well lets get the facts straight it was 19 FTFs by mid morning, but by the end of the day it was 38 FTFs :) and it did not take me all day. And yes your right "To each his own". I was wondering how long it would take for the one of the "I think you should have other hobbies" or "you should do what I think you should" crowd to chime in with their .02 cents. You cache how you want to, and I will cache they way I want to, and power to us both.

Scubasonic

Variety is the spice of life! I don't cache any differently then you, I search for a cache for the enjoyment of it, we just derive our enjoyment from different reasons, you get enjoyment from knowing that you are the best in the game (Otherwise you wouldn't brag.) and I get it from the location, the terrain challenge, or a creative hide. Either way we still both visit the same caches, there is no different in the long run. My post was more of a question rather then a argument/statement.

Scubasonic

sounds like a frustrated 2tf or 3tf'r

but curious.. how is this even possible? I'm not questioning your methods, or ethics (like insinuating you knew ahead of time of these etc.), but I think I live pretty close to you, or in at least a similar cache rich location (I have over 5,000 on my default search screen when I do search around my home) and I have my phone and email set up to get notices etc., and never, ever have I seen more then 4 or 5 new cache announcements in a 24 hr period.. you must have had to do quite a bit of traveling outside your home turf?? I guess if you set your search area wide enough, you'll get those kind of numbers??

Edited by robdogg

Scubasonic

Variety is the spice of life! I don't cache any differently then you, I search for a cache for the enjoyment of it, we just derive our enjoyment from different reasons, you get enjoyment from knowing that you are the best in the game (Otherwise you wouldn't brag.) and I get it from the location, the terrain challenge, or a creative hide. Either way we still both visit the same caches, there is no different in the long run. My post was more of a question rather then a argument/statement.

Well I do believe that we do cache differently I have looked at your profile. And with your post, and general attitude you don't deserve a answer to your question.

Scubasonic

Scubasonic

but curious.. how is this even possible? I'm not questioning your methods, or ethics (like insinuating you knew ahead of time of these etc.), but I think I live pretty close to you, or in at least a similar cache rich location (I have over 5,000 on my default search screen when I do search around my home) and I have my phone and email set up to get notices etc., and never, ever have I seen more then 4 or 5 new cache announcements in a 24 hr period.. you must have had to do quite a bit of traveling outside your home turf?? I guess if you set your search area wide enough, you'll get those kind of numbers??

I do have a wide notification but all of these caches published in the hills about 15 - 18 miles away. there were 20 in the first set and another 20 in the second set and the second set sat around from 4 PM till 9:30 pm it is very possible happens quite often. If you check my profile you will see I got 16 FTFs in Woodland Washington that published at 7:30 am in the morning I just happened to have the flexibility to go right after them when others wouldn't I guess.

Scubasonic

Wow! I'm such a neocacher! I finally got my first FTF today. I can't even imagine getting 23 in one day!

I think the same thing! I just found my first a week or so ago. And I've met Scuba, so I was glad I found one! :)

But Congrats Scuba! Hope to meet you at GZ again sometime!

Edited by Aksers

Wow! I'm such a neocacher! I finally got my first FTF today. I can't even imagine getting 23 in one day!

I think the same thing! I just found my first a week or so ago. And I've met Scuba, so I was glad I found one! :)

Hey Aksers,

How is it going been pretty quiet in your neck of the woods, something should come out soon.

Scubasonic

Scubasonic

I've seen 50 caches publish in one day in DFW.

Hey Aksers,

How is it going been pretty quiet in your neck of the woods, something should come out soon.

Scubasonic

Hopefully! Too bad school prevents a lot of the caching! Only afterschool and weekends for me :/ And most are late night or mid morning :laughing:

Hey Aksers,

Scubasonic

Hopefully! Too bad school prevents a lot of the caching! Only afterschool and weekends for me :/ And most are late night or mid morning :laughing:

You seem to get around pretty good on that Bike of yours, provided they are not to far away.

Scubasonic

Scubasonic

My husband and I once swam in about 50 degree water to get a FTF on an island in the mountains. But we didn't use anything. :laughing::)

Any pictures of that?

Scubasonic

Scubasonic

My husband and I once swam in about 50 degree water to get a FTF on an island in the mountains. But we didn't use anything. :laughing::)

Any pictures of that?

Scubasonic

extremophile

you get enjoyment from knowing that you are the best in the game (Otherwise you wouldn't brag.) and I get it from the location, the terrain challenge, or a creative hide.

Just because someone takes pride in what they do doesn't necessarily mean they are 'bragging' or that they think they are better than everyone else.

I think that more people should be proud of their accomplishments, and that people should be congratulated for those accomplishments. What's wrong with that?

I'm sorry, and I normally enjoy what you post, but your attitude seems pretty poor in regards to this thread.