Am I an Official Cacher and no longer a neewbie now? LOL

While caching at our local state park over the weekend I encountered my first case of ...The Poison Ivy...LOL I figure that it is like a right of passage!!! ;) (Maybe typing will keep my mind off of scratching!)

Definitely still a newbie, a cacher would have avoided the Poison Ivy. ;)

While caching at our local state park over the weekend I encountered my first case of ...The Poison Ivy...LOL I figure that it is like a right of passage!!! ;) (Maybe typing will keep my mind off of scratching!)

Sorry but you are still a noobie until you get hurt and rather than getting first aid you keep looking for the cache. Oh, and there has to be blood!

Sorry but you are still a noobie until you get hurt and rather than getting first aid you keep looking for the cache. Oh, and there has to be blood!

HAHA!!! I must be very seasoned then, considering 50 or so of my 95 have involved blood shed and I have quite a few scars (the most impressive was a dog attacking me when someone posted their home co-ords rather than the cache one)

HAHA!!! I must be very seasoned then, considering 50 or so of my 95 have involved blood shed and I have quite a few scars (the most impressive was a dog attacking me when someone posted their home co-ords rather than the cache one)

;)

Please have your MedicAlert bracelet on you when you're caching ;)

;)

Please have your MedicAlert bracelet on you when you're caching ;)

Too young to need all that stuff, I got my first aid kit and wallet with ID so they can ID the body if I can't get to the car or first aid kit in time :huh:

You'll know you are an official cacher when you:

1. find yourself spending more time in the food storage container aisle in the supermarket than ever.

2. can't walk past a hollow tree, stump or rock crevice without thinking that it might be a good place for a cache

3. have scabs and bruises on your legs during "shorts season".

4. have an appointment somewhere and before you leave you check to see if there is a cache nearby.

5. can't look at any container without considering whether it would be appropriate for a cache.

6. know what a pocket query is, how to use it and do.

7. maxed out the waypoint capacity on your GPS at least once.

8. are always on the lookout for good deals on AA batteries (or invest in rechargeable batteries/charger)

9. go geocaching on your lunch hour.

10. consider geocaching opportunities when choosing your vacation spot.

Silksmybaby, is there a note with the wallet telling them to bury you with the cache too? LOL

No note however I have asked my family to place a cache with my tombstone (hollow stone, a statue one can be hidden in, or a hidden one in a flower vase there!). I have also asked that if I should die geocaching, it be placed on my tombstone the GC code that killed me :rolleyes:

Silksmybaby, is there a note with the wallet telling them to bury you with the cache too? LOL

No note however I have asked my family to place a cache with my tombstone (hollow stone, a statue one can be hidden in, or a hidden one in a flower vase there!). I have also asked that if I should die geocaching, it be placed on my tombstone the GC code that killed me ;)

With an epitaph of a traffic cone? :rolleyes:

Edited by jholly

1. find yourself spending more time in the food storage container aisle in the supermarket than ever.

2. can't walk past a hollow tree, stump or rock crevice without thinking that it might be a good place for a cache

4. have an appointment somewhere and before you leave you check to see if there is a cache nearby.

5. can't look at any container without considering whether it would be appropriate for a cache.

8. are always on the lookout for good deals on AA batteries (or invest in rechargeable batteries/charger)

I've marked off 1, 2 (And one actually was a cache!), 3 (Lots of thorns in FL!), 4, 5, 9, and 10

Don't have a premium membership to get 6, my Streetpilot seems to hold quite a lot of geocaches for 7, and my Streetpilot recharges through the cigarette lighter while I'm driving for 8, so no AAs

While caching at our local state park over the weekend I encountered my first case of ...The Poison Ivy...LOL I figure that it is like a right of passage!!! :rolleyes: (Maybe typing will keep my mind off of scratching!)

I looked at your profile NO definitely still a newbie

Scubasonic

I'd read through the list, but it is lunch hour, and I'm heading out for some caches :rolleyes:

I'd read through the list, but it is lunch hour, and I'm heading out for some caches :rolleyes:

These come up every now and then.

You just might be one

You Know You Cache Too Much When ...

You might be a geocacher if...

You Might Be A Geocacher If............, share your thought.

You Know You Are Addicted To Geocaching When...

You Know You're a Geocacher when...

You know you're a Geocaher when...

Hey! My vacations are FOR geocaching! My sister wants to color in South Carolina and Georgia. And will let us color in Florida as well. Last year we did Va, NC, TN, KY and OH, and my sister added in DE, MD, DC and WV. Next year she wants to do OK, KS, MO, AR and TX. Should be doable in a weeks trip from OK City.

Nope. With the green briar around, I do not wear shorts geocaching.

Haven't maxed out the Vista HCx yet, and I've got oer 11000 POIs on it.

As to poison Ivy, I have mentioned the allergic dermatitis I came down with, whilst recuperating from Lyme.

Now, as to the OP, has she ever had a bear follow her while geocaching?

Edited by Harry Dolphin

Things experienced whilst geocaching:

• 3 massive cases of Poison Oak Rash and several minor ones.
  • Met 3 diamondback rattlesnakes this year.
  • Met a mountain lion out sunning itself
  • Stood on trail and watched a bee swarm pass (huge and moved very vast, don't even bother to run, just duck!)
  • Photographed dozens of wildflowers
  • Witnessed a half dozen California Condors wheeling in the sky above (at the Pinnacles)
  • Watched dozens of sunsets (once while running to catch the boat, at Angel Island)
  • Met dozens of geocachers
  • Lost a lot of weight and got into good condition
  • Been to more scenic parks than you can shake a stick at
  • Saw a golden eagle

starflower.jpg

Pacific Starflower Trientalis borealis ssp. latifolia

Things experienced whilst geocaching . . . .

There must be something about the game. My list is somewhat similar. I just got my first poison oak rash (after trusting in my previous immunity one too many times); met a bobcat coming down the trail as I was coming up it; saw a mountain lion as it headed across the trail; had my dog end up face to face with a coiled rattler (luckily Cricket was still on leash); saw two other rattlers in the middle of the trail vying for which one could stay taller longer; saw the Condors; found lots of great locations; had a coyote follow me for a half mile. Not to mention the biking accident where I proceeded to place the cache I had with me while blood dripped from my face . . ..

But I always think of myself as a newbie. If I ever got over that sense of newness, life would be far less interesting. I would like to think that in the right mood, even a lamp post hide can seem new, although so far it has not happened after the first one or two, so I am still working on it.

Edited by Erickson

1. Yeah right, as if I would be that unimaginative, I spend half my time thinking of the perfect geocache container...

2. I can, but rarely do

3. I haven't made it to "shorts season" yet

4. extremely guilty

5. I do that!

6. I have 3 that I use.

7. I haven't done that, but I've maxed out my GPSs maps capability... (my GPS can hold 5000 geocaches I believe, I doubt I'll use that up)

8. I have NiMHs in my GPS...

9. I don't work so I don't have a lunch hour

10. I'm too young to chose vacationing spots! My parents do that for me. But I have found that I'll likely get an FTF on an underwater cache that's been there since august 2009!

Put that in your addicted-o-meter and see the results!

More to the point, how many miles have you traveled tobogganing on your @ss?

Does that include the miles spent sliding down muddy hills, grassy slopes, or gravel inclines (we don't have the other form of tobogganing where I live)? Its not a good caching trip if I don't do that at least once.

Hhhhhmmm.....How many and what kind of snakes have you seen?

Actually while hiding one of my own caches I stepped on a 3ft water moccasin and it bit a hole in my pants. No blood shed but did almost pee my pants!!! LOL

You are quickly approaching Official Cacher status :rolleyes:

Woohoo! I'm in! 10 for 10 :rolleyes:

Woohoo! I'm in! 10 for 10 :rolleyes:

Actually I thought of 2 to add that would knock me out....

11. placed at least 1 cache (I am waiting for permission red tape)

12. record less than 1 DNF a month (I am at about 1 a week right now ;) )

(*minor typo edit)

Edited by thistleRacers

If you still use the expressions "LOL" or "lol" on the forum, you're still a n00b.

lol

Case in point.

Actually when you make rude comments. then you are rude and off topic.

If this is the qualification to be a non newbie... then I don't want to be.

And the stone shall read "Archived" and the appropriate date. ;)

HA! I love it! I'll have to add it to the list!

Funny. B)

Of course, if you're going to go that far, you should also list your birthdate as "Published". B)

dwrip.jpg

*sniff* he was too young a curmudgeon to go :)

:rolleyes: Aw, how adorable!

At least you can pat yourself on the back for making it past 2012. :anibad:

And the stone shall read "Archived" and the appropriate date. :)

Funny. :D

Of course, if you're going to go that far, you should also list your birthdate as "Published". :P

dwrip.jpg

*sniff* he was too young a curmudgeon to go :cry:

so does this mean we can claim a smiley? :)

Of course, if you're going to go that far, you should also list your birthdate as "Published". :)

dwrip.jpg

so does this mean we can claim a smiley? :D

Where's the GC#? :P

If you still use the expressions "LOL" or "lol" on the forum, you're still a n00b.

lol

Case in point.

Actually when you make rude comments. then you are rude and off topic.

If this is the qualification to be a non newbie... then I don't want to be.

Does this mean Narcissa has now messed with the whole trailer park?

LAWL.

Of course, if you're going to go that far, you should also list your birthdate as "Published". :)

dwrip.jpg

so does this mean we can claim a smiley? :D

Where's the GC#? :P

Or at least a TB#...

Funny. :)

Of course, if you're going to go that far, you should also list your birthdate as "Published". :P

dwrip.jpg

So, you've got your whole life planned out? Your even planning what year your death'll be? I think you need a life if so!