Ideas for geo-themed halloween costumes?

Sol seaker

I'm going to a geo-cachers halloween party.

I've been wracking my brain for ideas for a costume that is geocache themed, but am coming up short.

Dress up as a ...

GPSr?

a Bison tube?

a fake rock?

An ammo can?

a compass?

These just aren't doing it for me.

I don't want to end up with a costume that makes me look like a walking trash can (bison tube or GPS).

Yeah, a fake rock would be really good to show up with a date in.... NOT. How to lose a date in one evening.

Any brillant ideas out there?

You guys are incredibly creative and funny in your posts so I thought I'd put it out to you.

thanks

With a handle like "Sol seaker" I'd go dressed as the sun. :drama:

Or have my date dress up as the sun! LOL

Wow, I knew you guys would be good at this: "witch way now", this is fantastic!!!!

As far as the one with the ivy, I thought of one similar:

A lamp post, and wear a skirt that looked like a lamp post skirt. Only problem is I wouldn't want anyone to go looking for the cache so that one's out. LOL

(maybe wear a sign that the cache is archived?)

Nothing to do with caching but in the first episode of "Big Bang Theory" one of the nerdy guys went to a party dressed as the Doppler Effect. I thought that was cool. OK, I'll contribute something... How about wrapping yourself up completely in camo duct tape with a branch from a juniper bush tied to your head?

Nothing to do with caching but in the first episode of "Big Bang Theory" one of the nerdy guys went to a party dressed as the Doppler Effect. I thought that was cool. OK, I'll contribute something... How about wrapping yourself up completely in camo duct tape with a branch from a juniper bush tied to your head?

oh but what a bitch if I had to pee..... he he

Temping though!

I like the TB idea. All you'd need is a chain and a big dog tag. Or you could be the dog tag, atttached to your date.

You could also go as a log book. (With arms and legs as pencils?)

Or a flashlight. Or a telescoping mirror.

Or a wood tick. Get a couple sweatshirts from a thrift store, and use the sleeves for the needed extra appendages. Make a tick's back out of cardboard or foam.

Edited by msrubble

I'm going to a geo-cachers halloween party.

I've been wracking my brain for ideas for a costume that is geocache themed, but am coming up short.

Dress up as a ...

GPSr?

a Bison tube?

a fake rock?

An ammo can?

a compass?

These just aren't doing it for me.

I don't want to end up with a costume that makes me look like a walking trash can (bison tube or GPS).

Yeah, a fake rock would be really good to show up with a date in.... NOT. How to lose a date in one evening.

Any brillant ideas out there?

You guys are incredibly creative and funny in your posts so I thought I'd put it out to you.

thanks

If it is the GeoBoo, which I guess it is, just don't wear a Hawaiian shirt because you will then be dressed up as the host, Shop99er. :lol:

I too like the TB suggestion. If it were me, I'd get a piece of foam-core sign board about three feet long and cut it out in the shape of a dog tag. Paint it up with a TB logo and number and then make a chain for it out of silver painted rope running through the centers of a whole bunch of silver painted styrofoam balls.

At that point, you could dress however you like and just drag the giant dog tag around with you.

If it is the GeoBoo, which I guess it is, just don't wear a Hawaiian shirt because you will then be dressed up as the host, Shop99er. :laughing:

Well of course it is the geoboo.

Dressing up as the host isn't a bad idea. :)

But, but, it was my idea. Now what will I go as? :o

Except, the host goes in a costume. Otherwise, TTUMS would have a conniption. Towards the end of the night, I will get out of that rig, and break out an Aloha shirt. And yes, I do have a Halloween one. ;)

For one Boo, I wore a suit jacket that TTUMS had glued a gazillion plastic green leaves on. There was a bison tube in the greenery. A few folks had the nerve to look for it, too. :)

For one Boo, I wore a suit jacket that TTUMS had glued a gazillion plastic green leaves on. There was a bison tube in the greenery. A few folks had the nerve to look for it, too. ;)

If i did a travel bug I'd want to do a real one that people could log.

Same with the bison tube. I'd want to have a log sheet in it people could find. The grass skirt would not work with this idea.

I wonder how much trouble I'd get in if I had a new unpublished cache that people signed, and they could log it after the boo when I'd go home and hide it somewhere and publish it so they could log it online.

Moderators?

For one Boo, I wore a suit jacket that TTUMS had glued a gazillion plastic green leaves on. There was a bison tube in the greenery. A few folks had the nerve to look for it, too. ;)

Same with the bison tube. I'd want to have a log sheet in it people could find. The grass skirt would not work with this idea.

I wonder how much trouble I'd get in if I had a new unpublished cache that people signed, and they could log it after the boo when I'd go home and hide it somewhere and publish it so they could log it online.

Moderators?

Travelling caches are no longer allowed. :)

Moderators?

What WRASTRO said. Nope, that would not be publishable. But you could be a travel bug that could be logged online.

I'd tell you my idea but it's what I'm wearing and we wouldn't want to come wearing the same costume.

knowschad posted this in another thread (and I think I've seen it mentioned earlier in another). I definitely don't recommend this, but it's interesting in a traffic accident kind of way (everyone wants a look but no one wants to get too close to the flames - Douglas Adams, I think).

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=4083229

IIRC it's a geocacher who caches in that strange outfit (someone else said superhero outfit).

Edited by Chrysalides

Many years ago George and Jane went to a Halloween party with Jane dressed as a brick and George dressed as a brick layer. :) Another year Jane was dressed as Mt. St. Helens (erupting) and George was a logger. Semi melted hat and clothes included. Then there was the year that Jane was the Pink Panther and George was Inspector Clouseau. Lots of inspections that night. :lol::laughing:

41e7db64-1c0d-405d-a19b-8e19be2d90cc.jpg

This costume isn't geocaching related, but it does involve searching. I wore this for a themed campout, and then again at Halloween, and then I drove to Vermont dressed this way. I managed to make the drive without having to stop on the way up, and go no funny looks on the way. When I got to VT, we went out to the local tavern, and had I stuck around, I was told I would have won a prize, but we left early.

Can you see me now? This is caching related to me, because I've built up a really large photo gallery on geocaching.com over the last seven-plus years.

9a9cb318-b816-44e4-877b-edf04b14b034.jpg

Check out the costumes on this Halloween event page. Scroll to Oct. 27, 2005.