My Cache wan't published...please HELP!

Do you think a hundred feet too close to another cache is justification for my cache not getting published? The truth is I think the reviewer didn't like my political views...This cache was supposed to be a tribute to Obama. But the reviewer told me " Thanks for the history lesson but this cache seems to have a political agenda" You can't see it now but I had a little back round of Obama. And he calls this an agenda. The guy is already in office, what agenda could I have...to be frank, i think this guy is a McCaine supporter....So in an effort to appease him I took that bit out....But now he's being a stickler about 100 feet. I understand the rules about over saturating an area with Caches, but this area only has a few caches around...Please let me know what you think. And if you have any tips to help me get this published I would be very grateful. Thanks!

Cache Saturation from Geocaching.com

"The reviewers use a rule of thumb that caches placed within .10 miles (528 feet or 161 metres) of another cache may not be published on the site. This is an arbitrary distance and is just a guideline"

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...85-c26dcf6499ab

1) At this time, your cache does not appear to meet the guidelines because it is too close to another cache. Caches should not be placed within 0.1 mile (528 feet) of existing caches, unless there is some sort of natural barrier between the two locations.

Guidelines for geocaches can be viewed at the following link: http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#sat

Your cache is only 419 feet from this cache: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC15C9

Please re-locate this cache so it conforms with the guidelines for placement. Once you have moved it, just update this same cache page to reflect the new coordinates and description, then click on the ''click to enable'' link at the top of the cache page to put the cache back onto the reviewer queue.

2) Thanks for the history lesson but this cache seems to have a political agenda even though you didn't mean it to be, but put yourself on the other side. This is supposed to be a light and fun activity and not something to bring politics or religion into.

Edited by calvin brown

Do you think a hundred feet too close to another cache is justification for my cache not getting published? The truth is I think the reviewer didn't like my political views...This cache was supposed to be a tribute to Obama. But the reviewer told me " Thanks for the history lesson but this cache seems to have a political agenda" You can't see it now but I had a little back round of Obama. And he calls this an agenda. The guy is already in office, what agenda could I have...to be frank, i think this guy is a McCaine supporter....So in an effort to appease him I took that bit out....But now he's being a stickler about 100 feet. I understand the rules about over saturating an area with Caches, but this area only has a few caches around...Please let me know what you think. And if you have any tips to help me get this published I would be very grateful. Thanks!

1) At this time, your cache does not appear to meet the guidelines because it is too close to another cache. Caches should not be placed within 0.1 mile (528 feet) of existing caches, unless there is some sort of natural barrier between the two locations.

Guidelines for geocaches can be viewed at the following link: http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#sat

Your cache is only 419 feet from this cache: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC15C9

Please re-locate this cache so it conforms with the guidelines for placement. Once you have moved it, just update this same cache page to reflect the new coordinates and description, then click on the ''click to enable'' link at the top of the cache page to put the cache back onto the reviewer queue.

2) Thanks for the history lesson but this cache seems to have a political agenda even though you didn't mean it to be, but put yourself on the other side. This is supposed to be a light and fun activity and not something to bring politics or religion into.

First off, the guy is NOT in office. Someone else sits in that chair at the present time.

Secondly we can not view an unpublished cache so we can't see your page.

Reason #1 is pretty clear. You violated the saturation rules, no listing.

Seeing that you have a political slant on your posting I suspect the reviewer had a valid point on #2. But like you said you took that out.

Now for a tip to get it published, move it so it is more that 528 feet from any other cache.

Jim

Jim

thanks for your reply Jim...I think I will move it. But isn't the rule just a guideline? Cache Saturation

"The reviewers use a rule of thumb that caches placed within .10 miles (528 feet or 161 metres) of another cache may not be published on the site. This is an arbitrary distance and is just a guideline"

Edited by calvin brown

thanks for your reply Jim...I think I will move it. But isn't the rule just a guideline? Cache Saturation

Although it is an arbitrary distance it is pretty much stuck to. If the reviewers let 100 feet slide then soon someone will let 105 feet slide and so on.

Looks like your reviewer followed the guidelines that are set up correctly to me.

Edited by webscouter.

Jim

It is arbitrary but pretty rigidly enforced. If they allowed 400 feet, what about 300 feet, or 200 feet? There are a few cases where this is violated, but these are *very* rare. You don't want the get into a cache saturation argument with your reviewer.

Jim

As a complete aside it would probably be a good idea to find a few more caches before you hide one. With only 18 caches found you haven't had the opportunity to see what kind of containers work, what hides last a long time and how to make sure your cache doesn't trip anyones "terrorist" button. Wouldn't want your cache to be blown up by a bomb squad, taken by a muggle or full of water.

I submitted a cache back at the beginning of November. I thought I had found the choicest location. The Reviewer stopped it because there had been an archived cache in that same area, which I wasn't aware of. Archived caches don't show up. I did some investigating and found out what had happened that the former cache was archived. I was a little upset with the reviewer at first, but here is what I learned through my ordeal.

There are rules. People like to bent or break the rules particularly when it involves them. But, if a Reviewer allows yours to slide through, what about all the others that didn't. Won't they have a gripe?

Like it or not, you are in violation of two rules; cache saturation and agenda. The Reviewer is a voluteer doing his job. Don't expect him to break the rules for you or he won't last as a Reviewer for very long.

Move your cache location and enjoy the sport. :D

What's your reason for justifying an exception to the guidelines? I haven't seen anything articulated other than the area could use more caches. It seems like the existing cache already shows visitors the same area.

Reasons why it's "just a guideline:"

To sometimes allow caches 510 feet apart (normal GPS error/innocent mistake)

To allow a traditional cache 490 feet from stage three of a fifteen stage multicache that's found twice a year

To allow caches at the top and bottom of a cliff

To allow caches on opposite sides of a swift flowing river with no nearby bridge

To allow caches on opposite sides of an interstate highway with no nearby bridge

These are special cases. What is special about your cache? Bear in mind that, the further we count down from 528 feet, the more special it needs to be.

Do you think a hundred feet too close to another cache is justification for my cache not getting published?

Yes, I do. At one time this website didn't have cache saturation rules. Now it does and things are better because of it.

The truth is I think the reviewer didn't like my political views...

You must be a mind reader. Because in this response:

"Thanks for the history lesson but this cache seems to have a political agenda even though you didn't mean it to be, but put yourself on the other side. This is supposed to be a light and fun activity and not something to bring politics or religion into."

I don't see anywhere where that it says that the reviewer doesn't like your particular political view. It does state the guideline of no political agenda. Although that might not have been spelled out it means all political agendas of any kind.

This cache was supposed to be a tribute to Obama. But the reviewer told me " Thanks for the history lesson but this cache seems to have a political agenda" You can't see it now but I had a little back round of Obama. And he calls this an agenda.

Are there any caches that give a little background on or a tribute to the current President (President G. W. Bush)? I honestly don't know if there are but I did a quick a search on the website and came up with nothing. I'd be upset if Bush tribute caches were allowed but Obama tribute caches weren't but this doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to me that the no political agenda policy is being fairly enforced.

The guy is already in office, what agenda could I have...

The Inaugural isn't until January 20th. That is when Obama takes office. You are about 9 days too early.

to be frank, i think this guy is a McCaine supporter....So in an effort to appease him I took that bit out....

Reading minds again?

But now he's being a stickler about 100 feet. I understand the rules about over saturating an area with Caches, but this area only has a few caches around...Please let me know what you think. And if you have any tips to help me get this published I would be very grateful.

You say you understand the saturation guideline but yet you want to violate it.

I think that you should first find a way to be in compliance with the guidelines then only if you absolutely can't follow the guidelines and there is something very unique or special about the area the deserves another cache then work with your reviewer to get the cache listed.

My tip to you is to work with your reviewer not against him.

Thanks!

You are very welcome.

The distance factor is just a guideline, but that doesn't mean that it automatically has to be waived...

If the area doesn't have a cache saturation problem, then it shouldn't be difficult to scoot the cache another 100 feet further away. If there aren't a lot of caches around, why pile the few that are there on top one another?

I've seen a few exceptions made to the distance guideline, but usually only for a very specific reason, and almost never for something as big as 100 feet. An exception of 20 feet or so is pretty likely to go through--after all, that is only a 3% difference --but asking for an exception of 100 feet is almost a fifth of the way to the next 'legal' placement.

Also, the cache still has an agenda. The name of the cache is "Obama YES WE DID" and the cache description says "The top has an Obama sticker to pay tribute to our newly elected president....."

This is a political agenda. I can only imagine what the page looked like before you edited it down.

Geocaches pay tribute to the joy of being outdoors.

Also, the cache still has an agenda. The name of the cache is "Obama YES WE DID" and the cache description says "The top has an Obama sticker to pay tribute to our newly elected president....."

This is a political agenda. I can only imagine what the page looked like before you edited it down.

what is my agenda? The man is the next president. He won. I'm sorry if people don't like it. But no agenda....

what is my agenda? The man is the next president. He won. I'm sorry if people don't like it. But no agenda....

celebrating a political victory IS an agenda. you are perhaps confusing having a political agenda with working on a current political campaign.

until you've placed a "president bush: a great man" retrospective cache i'm going to have to think you're pushing an agenda.

if you wanted to do a historical series on all the presidents you might have a case, provided you keep the editorials out of it.

edit to add: try to be just a little honest about it, ok?

Edited by flask

Definition of Agenda

3. personal motivation: an underlying personal viewpoint or bias

This cache shows your personal viewpoint, hence an agenda. Pretty cut and dried. Wouldn't make a difference if you are for or against Obama.

Do you think a hundred feet too close to another cache is justification for my cache not getting published? The truth is I think the reviewer didn't like my political views...This cache was supposed to be a tribute to Obama. But the reviewer told me " Thanks for the history lesson but this cache seems to have a political agenda"

The fact that it's 100 feet too close to another cache is enough to have it denied. While there's a little wiggle room in the 528 foot distance, you've wiggled right out of the room, and into the hallway.

There are two ways to put out a cache.

1. Read the guidelines and follow them. Almost always leads to the cache being quickly published.

2. Ignore the guidelines and put out a cache, then go back after it's been denied, and try to look for loopholes. They've heard all the arguments, and know better than you the actual meaning of "arbitrary". This almost never works.

One of the things which the OP perhaps has yet to learn in his short caching career is just how dedicated the volunteers are to the neutrality of the site with regard to agendas. There are Christian reviewers who regularly turn down caches which invite the reader to contemplate the wonders of Jesus, and NRA member reviewers who refuse to publish second Amendment-themed caches. Ex-military reviewers often find themselves accused of lack of patriotism for asking for certain words to be removed from cache descriptions.

This European, liberal, pro-Obama reviewer went to the Democrats Abroad victory party in London and even ordered a "Lipstick on a Pig Strawberry Margarita". But I would still not publish the OP's cache as it stands, both for the proximity issue and also for its political content.

I would add a word of caution. If your cache is listed, do not change the page back to what it looked like. If you do, it will be archived and you will have great difficulty getting it unarchived.

Please keep your personal agenda to yourself. People geocache to escape things of this nature.

Your agenda is political. You are paying tribute to a political figure. We don't use cache pages for that.

I wonder if dead presidents are political. Could I place a cache honoring Ronald Reagan at (or near) the Reagan Library? How about Nixon? I guess when the president is currently in office or about to take office a tribute of any sort would be considered an agenda. After all we can't support the troops with a tribute on our cache pages.

The OP checked the box saying Yes. I have read and understand the guidelines for listing a cache.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he has probably seen some cache that are tributes to individuals - maybe even to politicians - and is having trouble understanding what the reviewers interpret as an agenda. Unless he had looked in the forums to get some idea of what is an agenda it would be hard for a newbie to figure this out based on what has been published and what hasn't been. Besides the fact that the guidelines say

First and foremost please be advised there is no precedent for placing caches. This means that the past listing of a similar cache in and of itself is not a valid justification for the listing of a new cache. If a cache has been published and violates any guidelines listed below, you are encouraged to report it. However, if the cache was placed prior to the date when a guideline was issued or updated the cache is likely to be "grandfathered" and allowed to stand as is.
So I suspect he was blindsided to find that this was an agenda.

Similarly when the guidelines state that 528 is just a rule-of-thumb is unclear to a newbie just when the exceptions are made. If they have seen caches as close as 400 ft apart they may suspect that 400 ft is OK.

I was originally going to post that the OP had checked that he read and understood the guidelines when he hadn't. But looking at the OPs subsequent posts, I fear that expecting people to understand the guidelines after one week of geocaching is unreasonable. While the guidelines themselves need to be short and concise so that people can read them, I have always felt that there there should be background information linking to examples as well as stating the rationale for the guideline. (Funny that the rationale for both the agenda guideline and the saturation guidelines are stated).

agenda guideline: Geocaching is supposed to be a light, fun activity, not a platform for an agenda.

saturation guideline: the ultimate goal is to reduce the number of caches hidden in a particular area and to reduce confusion that might otherwise result when one cache is found while looking for another

As another aside.

If you want to create something to honor President Elect Obama you can create a travel bug or geocoins to that end.

Good idea Web...but now I'm even more confused. You can't call the cache Obama, but you can put pro Obama things inside?

whats the difference?

I live in Berkeley and I guess i'm a "lefty" but most people in Berkeley Ca. would love this cache, I guess we have to worry about out of towners. And I respect that.

Bottom line is: if you want it published here on this website you need to follow the guidelines as closely as is possible or at least try and justify an exception to those guidelines.

Thus far I can't see where you have given a good reason for an exception to either guideline that you have violated.

May I suggest you go back and re-read the guidelines carefully so as to avoid any further trouble with placements.

I agree though that I need to move the cache, and I will today, exactly 109 feet farther away from that other cache. Thanks for your help guys! I am new to this as you know and am surprised to find such in depth rules and regulations. But I suppose it to keep the game safe and fun for all...My Obama cache in Berkeley wouldn't upset many people but there are always some one you can upset and I respect that.

Edited by calvin brown

One of the things which the OP perhaps has yet to learn in his short caching career is just how dedicated the volunteers are to the neutrality of the site with regard to agendas. There are Christian reviewers who regularly turn down caches which invite the reader to contemplate the wonders of Jesus, and NRA member reviewers who refuse to publish second Amendment-themed caches. Ex-military reviewers often find themselves accused of lack of patriotism for asking for certain words to be removed from cache descriptions.

This European, liberal, pro-Obama reviewer went to the Democrats Abroad victory party in London and even ordered a "Lipstick on a Pig Strawberry Margarita". But I would still not publish the OP's cache as it stands, both for the proximity issue and also for its political content.

Very well put! Thank you! I remain amazed at the OP's post (and subsequent whiny posts) because he/she did check the items on the cache form submission stating that they had read the guidelines, and it is extremely obvious that the cache in question is, and was, in violation of a couple of guidelines. Then again, maybe this current case is an excellent illustration of why perhaps the Groundspeak servers should have some type of built-in mechanism to prevent geocachers from hiding a cache until they have been actively caching for at least 3 months and have found at least 50 caches!

Lastly, why is it that there seem to sooo many WHINY threads which were started today? Is there a full moon? Did the sun have a major solar storm? Are there Balrogs in the woodpile?

January is a popular time for new geocachers to hide their first cache. That's true regardless of whether they live in England and just got a GPS for Christmas, or if they live in Australia and the great summer weather invites folks to enjoy the outdoors.

So, when a new hider asks a question, it's best to try and be helpful and patient when explaining how things work.

January is a popular time for new geocachers to hide their first cache. That's true regardless of whether they live in England and just got a GPS for Christmas, or if they live in Australia and the great summer weather invites folks to enjoy the outdoors.

So, when a new hider asks a question, it's best to try and be helpful and patient when explaining how things work.

Thank you Keystone...I really like this new sport I've discovered and like the people that are on this website, but posters like the guy that called me whinny, are making me very disappointed. I think the rules are there for a reason and I now respect them more then ever, but as a newcomer looking in on your forum you you aren't very hospitable. But most of you are, there are always exceptions. I hope that wasn't to Whinny...lol Thanks again guys!

In order to do a tribute to a political figure and actually have an argument that it is in fact "Agenda Free" then it must contain facts, pure facts, only facts, facts, facts, facts, facts, facts, facts, facts, facts, facts.

No opinions.

To cover your buttocks even better do 2 caches:

1. A cache for a Demapublican.

2. A cache For a Republicrat.

You can uncheck "Yes, this listing is active (For new listings, if you want to work on this listing before it is reviewed, uncheck this box. Reviewers will only see the listing in the queue when it is checked.)" so that you have the time to work on both pages, cross link them, and then submit them back to back.

If you do it like that then you may have a true argument that there is no political agenda.

But if I was a reviewer I would reject them both as political agenda because there is more than one fool that would try to twist them into being anti third party.

Now if you did a series (sticking to facts only) starting with George Washington then by the time you got to 44 then President-elect Obama will be President Barack Obama.

What's your reason for justifying an exception to the guidelines? I haven't seen anything articulated other than the area could use more caches. It seems like the existing cache already shows visitors the same area.

Reasons why it's "just a guideline:"

To sometimes allow caches 510 feet apart (normal GPS error/innocent mistake)

To allow a traditional cache 490 feet from stage three of a fifteen stage multicache that's found twice a year

To allow caches at the top and bottom of a cliff

To allow caches on opposite sides of a swift flowing river with no nearby bridge

To allow caches on opposite sides of an interstate highway with no nearby bridge

These are special cases. What is special about your cache? Bear in mind that, the further we count down from 528 feet, the more special it needs to be.

my cache is 50 feet lower then the other cache...is that special enough....? Thanks

I wonder if dead presidents are political. Could I place a cache honoring Ronald Reagan at (or near) the Reagan Library? How about Nixon? I guess when the president is currently in office or about to take office a tribute of any sort would be considered an agenda. After all we can't support the troops with a tribute on our cache pages.

Well, I've found three or five caches honoring George Washington. Come to think of it, they only mentioned that he slept there... I think there was one honoring Grover Cleveland... Alexander Hamilton, yes, but it was archived...

That part that always makes me laugh is "They're only guidelines", implying that they should be waived for ME! TPTB established the guidelines, for a particular reason. Exceptions are rare, and with good reason. Not commonplace. In other words, the cache owner had better have a very good reason.

And: Nope. A fifty foot drop might make it a 5 terrain cache, but that's nothing.

If the plan is to get exactly 109 ft away from the existing cache, I'd guess that would be viewed (at best) as doing the minumum necessary, or (at worst) a poke in the eye. My advice at this point would be to try to get as far above the 0.1 mile limitation as you can, and then explain to the Reviewer that that location is as far as you can go without getting into other types of problems (for example, private property).

There is at least one example, that's in my area, of how to pay tribute to a past President (HINT: he was really big in WWII). I'd also suggest that you review this cache listing page, search for any other similar Presidential tributes, find the commonalities between them, and develop a cache that complies with the listed guidelines. Also, work WITH your Reviewer, let them help you get this published. Taking a point of non-compliance to the forums isn't a form of cooperation.

Cheers,

Please keep your personal agenda to yourself. People geocache to escape things of this nature.

Ahhhh...just wanted to see that onscreen one more time.

What he said.

Emphatically.

Me to what they said.

Nice to see Auntie Weasel posts again.

If the plan is to get exactly 109 ft away from the existing cache, I'd guess that would be viewed (at best) as doing the minumum necessary, or (at worst) a poke in the eye. My advice at this point would be to try to get as far above the 0.1 mile limitation as you can, and then explain to the Reviewer that that location is as far as you can go without getting into other types of problems (for example, private property).

Cheers,

wait I'm confused...528 feet is allowed. If you perceive it as a poke in the eye that's your opinion.But I like the area and 528 feet is in the rules. Some of you, not all are funny...you want it in the rules but if its in the rules its a poke in the eye...come on man you can't have it both ways...some of you really take the fun out of this game...it is after all just a game. I do want to thank most of you though on this forum for helping a new cacher out...There's so much to learn and you have been more then helpful. Thanks

Good idea Web...but now I'm even more confused. You can't call the cache Obama, but you can put pro Obama things inside?

whats the difference?

The difference is the stuff in the box is constantly changing to the point that it doesn't rise to the level of an agenda. For instance, somebody could trade one of your bumper stickers for one supporting the other side.

But really, a lot of cachers don't want religion, politics, etc to be a part of the game. If it were me I wouldn't put political stuff in the cache. Just my $0.02

Cheers,

wait I'm confused...528 feet is allowed. If you perceive it as a poke in the eye that's your opinion.But I like the area and 528 feet is in the rules. Some of you, not all are funny...you want it in the rules but if its in the rules its a poke in the eye...come on man you can't have it both ways...some of you really take the fun out of this game...it is after all just a game. I do want to thank most of you though on this forum for helping a new cacher out...There's so much to learn and you have been more then helpful. Thanks

You're reading more into it than I intended. I'm trying to help you get this published by providing my opinion of the circumstances as described and suggesting fixes. I like the idea of there being more caches to find. Honestly. Let me clarify. If you can go exactly 109 feet...why not 110?? How about 111 feet? Maybe 146? Have you looked at 147, could be a perfect hidey hole there. Why stop at exactly 109? My point is, if you go back to your Reviewer with a note of "...moved exactly 109 feet for saturation compliance...", this MAY not be well received. Just my $0.02 suggestion; take it for what it's worth.

Cheers,

JBnW actually gave you good advice. After you've wrongly accused your reviewer of being biased, moving your cache so it's 529 feet from its seven-year old neighbor may indeed be viewed as a poke in the eye. Try finding the best hiding place. If it's 550 feet, then go with it. If it's 532 feet, fine. If it's 610 feet, even better. This would be a great opportunity to demonstrate good faith and get back on your reviewer's good side.

Ahhhh...just wanted to see that onscreen one more time.

What he said.

Emphatically.

Me to what they said.

Nice to see Auntie Weasel posts again.

I agree with this too. It does nothing but cause issues which we don't need.

The 528' rule should be an easy one to follow if you have a GPS in your hand with all the nearby caches loaded when you place the cache. Puzzles and multis can complicate things but that doesn't happen too often.

Edited by TrailGators

The 0.10mi guideline is not a target to reach for either. In some cases, even if you are at 0.10mi your cache may not be listed.

Also, please understand that reviewers are volunteers. They wish to work with you to get your cache published. Really - they do! So when you take a negative tone with the reviewer as you have on your cache page, I can tell you it doesn't help your case.

Several times you have said on your cache page that you don't want to have to return to move it. What does that say about your cache maintenance plan? Caches go missing, logbooks get full or wet, or caches need to be moved for other circumstances. You'll need to commit to checking it every so often.

The 0.10mi guideline is not a target to reach for either. In some cases, even if you are at 0.10mi your cache may not be listed.

Also, please understand that reviewers are volunteers. They wish to work with you to get your cache published. Really - they do! So when you take a negative tone with the reviewer as you have on your cache page, I can tell you it doesn't help your case.

Several times you have said on your cache page that you don't want to have to return to move it. What does that say about your cache maintenance plan? Caches go missing, logbooks get full or wet, or caches need to be moved for other circumstances. You'll need to commit to checking it every so often.

This is a great point. If it is going to be an ordeal to go up and move it to meet the guidelines, you might want to give some more thought to this location. There will be times when you have to go back for maintenance. It shouldn't feel like a chore. If it does, that's not the fun that geocaching is supposed to be. Better to put a cache at the bottom of a hill and maintain it well, than put up litter at the top . . IMHO.

And YES! It sure is nice to see AuntieWeasel posting again. I've missed her humor. :D

It took me some to discover that reviewers were unpaid volunteers (my first few caches were published by Crow T Robot, who I initially assumed was a piece of software until he wrote me an e-mail one day :D), and a lot longer to work out the implications of that. (By the time I fully understood those implications, I had become a volunteer. Moral: learn faster than me and avoid my mistake.)

You actually get far better service than if your cache was bring reviewed by a minimum-wage drone; all your reviewer asks for in return is a little respect for their unpaid status.

I could see a cache dedicated to a deceased person/president, as long as it was about that person and their individual accomplishments. A Ronald Reagan cache that took up a pro-Republican slant would not be one I'd want to see on the website.

whats the difference?

The difference is is that your caches web page cannot endorse Obama or political/religious views. You can choose what to fill your container with, however. Just like someone else can find your cache, take all of your Obama goodies and replace them with John McCain propaganda. The basis for having your cache published is what is contained on your caches web page, not what fills the container.

Bruce

If you are so new to caching, you like the sport, then why are you so quick to want to violate rules so early in the game? As you see there is a prolitical agenda, yes you and your friends in Berkley may really enjoy the cache. But what about someone who just wants to go out and have fun and get away from the world of politics?

Frankly, I stay away from anything political or religious, I think it has no place in this game, as it would alienate people, thereby ruining that person's enjoyment of a game.

And you shouldn't be too quick to judge a person, democrat or republican this person was doing their job, if you don't like the rules, there are 2 other similar organizations out there like GC.com. You may want to research it to see if they have your views on the world (I have no idea-I like GC just fine), none of us should be forcing views of this nature on anyone else.

We don't all have to agree with each other, just respect each other.

And for heaven's sake, as a newbie please ensure that you have a proper cache container, not a take out one, they do not hold up. (Sorry, this is my biggest pet peeve)

Edited by buttaskotch

I am also in the Bay area, and the reviewers we have are vary good. One of them, I am pretty sure has views the same as yours, and if it is him, is enforcing the guidelines. I really have not seen any agenda caches here. Why not write about the history of the open space you want to put your cache in. Join the local group and find more caches before hiding some. This time of year has many caches that are put out by newbies for a short time before being muggled and/or archived because the container is not waterproof or not hidden well.

Very few caches in the area?

I live about 15 miles from your cache site and there are about 10K within 100 miles.

For a presidential series search for one of the President's names. Up near Point Reyes, someone is putting out a series with a cache for every president. He is currently up to Truman.

For a presidential series search for one of the President's names. Up near Point Reyes, someone is putting out a series with a cache for every president. He is currently up to Truman.

Oh great! I have a series of cards detailing the lives and accomplishments of the presidents and I live in the area, so I have super swag! I am also chiming in to say that our Bay Area reviewers have only helped me understand the guidelines better. I also think that the 528 foot rule should pretty much be observed all the time. Think of it as the lower limit of the 1056 foot rule.