GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit

dlgps

Wow, I haven't been back to the GPS Adventures website in a while. That's quite a line-up of locations for 2009.

I would imagine they will have an event - I believe they have had one for each exibit location to date. The only way to know would be to email directly to Groundspeak and ask: contact @geocaching.com

Or ask Signal the next time you see him. ;)

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Sheesh you would think that a psychic cacher would know when the event is too?!? ;)

I work in a museum, and also enjoy visiting them a lot. This is a first rate exhibit and is very well done. Even if you don't make it to the opening day event, you really want to see the exhibit when it comes near you. It's great to see 2009 already fully booked!

When it came to Connecticut last June there was an event. I don't think it was published till about a month before the Maze Exhibit. Jeremy and Shauna came, and that's why there was an event planned. Unless it's going to become a mega event don't expect it to be published more than a couple months beforehand (check the guidelinies).

Does anyone know why the exhibit at the Cranbrook Institute of Science in Birmingham, MI, was canceled? It was listed very shortly after the Adventure Maze was created but was later removed. I was looking forward to it.

Just a guess, but the contractual negotiations between the maze exhibit owners and the museum may have broken down. From what I am told they can be quite complex at times. Or the timing didn't work out as planned for one of the parties involved.

They sure do choose some odd small cities to do this in... I'd think for the most publicity, they'd want to focus on larger cities... Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, Dallas, Miami etc..

Redding? Rochester? Kichener? I suppose the rates for space are cheaper there. But Redding is a long drive from civilization. At least Kichener isn't far out of Toronto.

-Ben

They sure do choose some odd small cities to do this in... I'd think for the most publicity, they'd want to focus on larger cities... Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, Dallas, Miami etc..

Redding? Rochester? Kichener? I suppose the rates for space are cheaper there. But Redding is a long drive from civilization. At least Kichener isn't far out of Toronto.

-Ben

Who are you assuming is doing the choosing?

I'm pretty sure that the museum that wants the exhibit is the one that negotiates for it...the maze doesn't go looking for a place to go.

Who are you assuming is doing the choosing?

I'm pretty sure that the museum that wants the exhibit is the one that negotiates for it...the maze doesn't go looking for a place to go.

Well that's not true. I was in contact with someone from Minotaur Mazes- I suggest a few locations here in Florida, and got a respond back with comment that I just suggested a couple of places they were sending a info package too about getting the maze there. I'm sure if you really want it bad enough at a location- email/write/call the location and if they have enough people buggin them about it. They will look into maybe getting .