3D/2D - 5 cutouts

Lower Legend Coin:

1.5" x 3.5m thickness

Stamped Bronze

100 antique gold, 100 antique silver, 100 antique copper

1 front die, 3 back dies, reuse edge die

Edge engraving

5.0mm magnet fixed flush in a machined hole

The Sand Dollar will sit down into the Legend coin 0.4mm - that is maximum depth for stamping in bronze.

---------------

The initial order will be for 100 set but I will not be limiting the production to any number of sets. This may include additional special finishes or extra small coins.

---------------

My estimated price on the sets is now $33 US, $34 Canada, $38 all others including shipping. The actual price is still subject to the actual shipping cost which will be based on the weight of the coin set.

Team Sand Dollar

I LOVE this coin and its message! I can't wait to get a set too! I love the little coins so if you do any little ones, please let me know!

Each coin in the set is made up of a 1.5base coin Legend of the Sand Dollar and a matching 1" Sand Dollar coin. My note was I to state that I planning to have additional smaller coins made to use for trading and SWAG.

Team Sand Dollar

can't wait to see these.

Me too!

This one has taken a lot longer to get just right. But we are back to a 3.5mm thick coin with a Bronze base.

Now I have some questions for the masses.

My plan was to sell/trade these only as a set. Is this a problem? If I were to break up sets I would have to randomly send the coins in order to not be stuck with a bunch of one of them.

What is a fair trade for these coins? Since each set is made up of 6 coins would a trade of 4 coins for the set be fair. Should it be 3 for the set?

Team Sand Dolllar

personally - I'm getting a little annoyed at being forced to buy sets to get the LE one. To have the only way to get any of the coins at all through buying a set I think is possibly what has limited these sales ??

Having said that I would have gone for a set anyway but would have probably bought some addional odd ones as trades.

sue

I think only you and the one you are trading with can determine what is fair... I suspect if I were to offer to trade you my moun10bike v1 for the set you'd probably think you were unfairly taking advantage of me (no, I'm only dreaming about actually possessing one of those!)... on the other hand my offering to trade your set for say six generic geocoins that are still cheaply available to the masses is unfair to you: you simple would tell me to take a hike.

I don't have a problem with them only being offered as a set. Maybe if there is enough interest in individual coins that could be done as a prepay preorder wait who-knows-how-many months for a reminting.

Are these now just sandblasted or are the base coins still going to be antique? Or are you considering two different sets? If so, then please put me down for one set antique, and one set sandblasted... I think both would be equally beautiful in their own way.

There is (at this time*) still only one set type being made. The base coins will be Antigue and and the Sand Dollar Shiny. Each of the 3 coins will have a different finish (Gold for the first, Silver for the second. and Copper for the third).

I'm not sure what they mean by sandblasted but I will be getting proff coins before I commit to the final order.

*leaving all options open.

personally - I'm getting a little annoyed at being forced to buy sets to get the LE one. To have the only way to get any of the coins at all through buying a set I think is possibly what has limited these sales ??

Having said that I would have gone for a set anyway but would have probably bought some addional odd ones as trades.

sue

These coins are a set because the backs are different on all 3 coins and it takes all 3 coins to complete the story. All 3 coins will be minted in the same quantity so one will not be rarer that the others. So with this set you are not having to buy the set to get the LE you are buying the set to get the 3 different coins.

IF I did break them up I would have to randomly distribute them to keep the coins in my stock even so I would not be minting these in uneaven numbers.

Team Sand Dollar

NO! Must have the whole story!!!! Must have the whole set! I like the 5 doves instead of the one. I do have one question though.......did I miss something? I am not sure I have seen a geocoin with a magnet in it before - is it part of the story too?

Jaime

... maybe something about an irresistible force (His love) attracting us to Him?...?

NO! Must have the whole story!!!! Must have the whole set! I like the 5 doves instead of the one. I do have one question though.......did I miss something? I am not sure I have seen a geocoin with a magnet in it before - is it part of the story too?

Jaime

Magnet is just there to hold the sand dollar in place. Got to have some way to hold it together.

Team Sand Dollar

Jaime

... maybe something about an irresistible force (His love) attracting us to Him?...?

WOW!! I like that!!!!

Jaime

Just wondering how much interest there would be in single coins?

Also if you are interested in a single coin which would it be?

Keep in mind that there are three different coin back and each back is presently being done in one finish.

I probably will sell/trade them individually after the initial batch and then order additional coins to keep my stock even.

This would result in each of the coins being minted in different amounts but that really doesn't matter.

Team Sand Dollar

If you wish to buy this coin:

I am going to start to take pre-orders and pre-payments for this coin. I can send you an invoice or you can order them through CoinTracking at the following link:

COINTRACKING ORDERING

The coin tracking site will be set up for US orders only. If you are not within the US you can still use the site. I will cancel you order and send you a new invoice with the correct amount.

At this time these are being sold as a set only and the backs on each coin is different. Later I may be selling individual coins.

The price is $33 US, $34 Canada, and $37 all others.

This price includes all shipping and Handling charges (paypal fees)

To prepay/preorder I need the following information.

1) Geo Nickname: (real names confuse me a am better with Nicknames)

2) Location (US, Canada, Other) to calculate shipping charges.

3) Number of sets desired.

4) Trade of purchase

5) PayPal email address for invoicing (for those purchasing only)

Let me know if you want to prepay or wait till I have them in hand (coins expected before 10-6)

You do not need to prepay for the coins before I have them in hand. Prepaying only guarantees that you will be getting your coins before those that have not prepaid.

If you wish to trade for this coin:

I have decided to do a 3 for 3 trade for this coin even though the set is really made up of 6 coins (3 regular and 3 micros). That being said I will not however be a little more selective on what I trade for.

Also I generally do not trade for more than 2 of any personal or event coins since I generally keep only one of any coin type in mine and my dad’s colletions. I will be making exceptions when necessary with the understanding that I will trade away the extra coin.

Thanks

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar

Very nice :D

I need a earth turtle Geocoin, Tatanka Pejula Geocoin, and a lilly pad Geocoin.

What do you think?

Team Sand Dollar

Believe it or not, I'm still waiting on my trader Earth Turtle coins-shiny silver (but will definitely consider your offer, thanks :D )

~tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

Thank you Loran for bringing my attention to this coin. I would have been really bummed if I had missed out on this great looking coin. :lol: I must have been out of town when it was posted in the forum. I think I have all most all your coins and can't stop now! :lol:

Question??? Are the sets going to be indiviually number (all 6 coins with #1 or #2, ect) besides being trackable? That's just my personal preference. I like to know that my set is one of a kind with all corresponding numbers. I won't make a difference if they are or not because I'll get them anyway! :lol:

Dianne of the Tribe

Thank you Loran for bringing my attention to this coin. I would have been really bummed if I had missed out on this great looking coin. :lol: I must have been out of town when it was posted in the forum. I think I have all most all your coins and can't stop now! :lol:

Question??? Are the sets going to be indiviually number (all 6 coins with #1 or #2, ect) besides being trackable? That's just my personal preference. I like to know that my set is one of a kind with all corresponding numbers. I won't make a difference if they are or not because I'll get them anyway! :lol:

Dianne of the Tribe

The coins will NOT be numbered. The base coin will have the tracking number on the side. The mini sand dollar will not be engraved at all. Having a iron base (so it will stick to the magnet) make it susceptible to corrosion at the engraving point.

The mini coin is 2 sided, and similar to the back of my TSD V2 only dated 2007.

Team Sand Dollar

Coins arrived as promised and I will be getting all trades and preorders out in the mail tomorrow.

At this time I am not taking any more requests for purchasing this coin until after the the coin fest on 10/6 and I see how many remaining sets I have.

I will keep a wish list but there are no promises since I do not know if there will be any left or if there is enough interest to produce any more.

Thanks

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar