A Big Thanks to Lollybob

Well there I was having a nice tootle along early this morning along one of Tom Toms special lanes (I had driven it before so want too worried).

When I erm, got a little stuck.

drownedcar.jpg

drownedcar%20(1).jpg

Anyway, I think to myself " Oh dear I appear to be a little stuck", the sploshing noises around my ankles were a little disconcerting.

So Mongers tries to think (not easy as anyone who has met me will tell you) of a way out of this little predicament.

I know, I will phone Pengy and Tigger. Unfortunately they don't have a tow rope but suggested Lollybob who have a four by four with a winch.

Cool, no worries. I ring Lolly and even better they are only a couple of miles away (doing the caches i was on my way to do.

Anyway, thanks to them I was home less than two hours after my little incident, having had a bath and warmed up a little.

Think I will give caching a miss today though (still need to dry the inside of the car).

A Big thank you to Lollybob - I definitely owe you a few beers the next time I see you!

Blimey - and I thought you were both blokes but it seems you drive like wimmin :ph34r::ph34r:

/me runs for the hills!

Run faster, Simon! LOTS faster. When did any woman ever drive this badly?

Ok I am VERY glad nobody took a picture when i drove through a 2' deep ford in my Almera and filled the air inlet with water whilst cache setting last month.

I blame tomtom, that Australian bloke told me to do it. LOL

And it's a bloomin good job I was up early on an airport run - when Tony phoned me for Lolly's number, usually I'd still be fast asleep on a Sunday morning!

Just glad it all worked out ok Tony!! - maybe you should have come caching with Jo and Becky and I again today!

Got some great photos of tonys wet bum too!

Will add a photo when I get back from work.

Er, excuse me! I don't think so.... any pics of Tony's bum will subject to the usual fee, payable to his Sole Handler, thanks!

Still, I dare say I can waive that fee in this case Lollybob, as you got him home in plnety of time to cook my dinner! :anibad:

Edited by Alibags

Well there I was having a nice tootle along early this morning along one of Tom Toms special lanes (I had driven it before so want too worried).

drownedcar%20(1).jpg

Got to ask - where is that lane? Looks interesting...

(Promise I won't ring if I get stuck :blink: )

Funny you should ask

N53° 37.156'

W002° 19.267'

:blink:

drownedcar%20(1).jpg

Got to ask - where is that lane? Looks interesting...

(Promise I won't ring if I get stuck :blink: )

Funny you should ask

N53° 37.156'

W002° 19.267'

:blink:

Cool!! Makes me want to go there right now! :blink:

Sorry to hear your bad driving got you in too trouble.

I take it you had just done ELR no-05 Summerseat cache, and was making your way to do Kirklees Valley series,,

Just uploaded the missing numbers 7-9-10.

Steve m0sgb

drownedcar.jpg

drownedcar%20(1).jpg

Anyway, I think to myself " Oh dear I appear to be a little stuck", the sploshing noises around my ankles were a little disconcerting.

So Mongers tries to think (not easy as anyone who has met me will tell you) of a way out of this little predicament.

I know, I will phone Pengy and Tigger. Unfortunately they don't have a tow rope but suggested Lollybob who have a four by four with a winch.

Cool, no worries. I ring Lolly and even better they are only a couple of miles away (doing the caches i was on my way to do.

Anyway, thanks to them I was home less than two hours after my little incident, having had a bath and warmed up a little.

Think I will give caching a miss today though (still need to dry the inside of the car).

A Big thank you to Lollybob - I definitely owe you a few beers the next time I see you!

Well done Lolly

I bet when you placed FAB 1 and were in contact with Lady Penelope & Parker,

you never expected to become a part of International Rescue and get called out on a real life rescue!

Glad it all ended successfully and the only injury was to Tonys pride

Phil

p.s. Worst I've done is drive down a narrow Welsh lane to get right next to the cache (as Robert was asleep in the back). It was so narrow with steep bankings that I couldn't open the doors! I climbed out of the drivers window, got the cache, went back in through the window and then reversed the 400m back to the road!

Well done Lolly

I bet when you placed FAB 1 and were in contact with Lady Penelope & Parker,

you never expected to become a part of International Rescue and get called out on a real life rescue!

Glad it all ended successfully and the only injury was to Tonys pride

Phil

It wasnt me who saved the day...it was our Bob :D

I dont know one end of a winch from another.....hermmm do they have ends?? :D

I just stood there in utter amazement at the whole situation...oh and took lots of photos :D

No caches within 0.1 miles - time for a commemorative cache!

"Tom Tom - Stuck in the Mud"

I don't think Groundspeak like caches with registered trademarks in their name, so how about this for a series name.

"Sat Nav Sillyness" - a collection of caches at silly places you've been taken to.

Can't believe I missed all the fun - I live just round the corner from that lane! If I'd known I could have got hubby with the Land Rover to tow you out! I often walk down the lane with my dog but have been avoiding it for a while because it has been TOTALLY WATERLOGGED - but then you know that now :P

Can't believe I missed all the fun - I live just round the corner from that lane! If I'd known I could have got hubby with the Land Rover to tow you out! I often walk down the lane with my dog but have been avoiding it for a while because it has been TOTALLY WATERLOGGED - but then you know that now :P

Always seems waterlogged that lane. I had intended to do eight caches then head off to do your cache Absolutely Barking for my 1300th. Decided to go dry out instead.

I did drive down the lane no probs after though.

When did any woman ever drive this badly?

I should probably say, not only am I a woman, but I do drive a skoda :anibad: . still, this is pretty funny:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMLt28n0-M

I mean.....how?? :P

edit: sorry, I don't know how to post a link properly

Edited by jennie.m
When did any woman ever drive this badly?

I should probably say, not only am I a woman, but I do drive a skoda :anibad: . still, this is pretty funny:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMLt28n0-M

I mean.....how?? :P

edit: sorry, I don't know how to post a link properly

Link is

for you Edited by stora