Porsche Cayenne Personal Geocoin

S&G.Davison

This is our first outing into developing our own coin - so apologies if we are not "doing it right".

We loved 911turbos coin of the 911, designing the coin in the outline of the car was a great idea. Hopefully we will spot them appearing on Landsharkz site as we were too late to buy them from the owner. We had been thinking about our own personal coin but could not decide on what to base it on. This coin made the decision for us : how about developing one with the outline of our own caching vehicle a Porsche Cayenne. We contacted Landsharkz who have agreed to work on this coin for us as part of their spring design list to begin work in March. We live in the UK, so in case you are all worried about postage, as it is more than likely that some coins will be shiped back to the US, we will be working with Landsharkz to split distribution of the coin 50:50 (ish) which will save on postage for folks on both sides of the pond.

If this works out there may be a second in the series later this year based on our new Boxster S due for delivery in May.

I've set up a link to track progress so you can see the work coming along and which will also be the placeholder for a summary of (pre-)orders when the time comes.

So given the timeline it's too early for pre-order so all I'm after is an indication of potential interest - a coin in the outline or a Porsche Cayenne, trackable and with an icon.

Sue

Thought it time to share this. The design for the Cayenne coin was agreed yesterday, many thanks to Landsharkz for this. We are still contemplating finishes but likely to be at least 2 - one standard, one LE and maybe, just maybe, one for trade only. There will be a custom prefix SG - not that we are expecting to sell 1000 of these - we just have another 3 or 4 coins due out this year. We were going to use GT as the prefix - G for Gizmo (the cars name - sorry) shown here, T for Tizi (the Boxster which will be a follow-up) and of course for that refreshing drink that you have to have when writing up the logs. But hey Mike :-) you stole that one for the GeoTags so as we have to share we decided to share the prefix with Signal, which sort of makes more sense - SG for S&G - even though our avatar is G&S !!

ss_EDI-00070.jpg

So not taking reservations, pre-orders or anything yet. Just wanted to post an update.

Thanks

Sue

The next update - the coin samples are in - not quite right yet as many folks are experiencing at the moment. Just thought I'd share progress. These are personal coins and felt we needed to get Gizmo (the car) into the action as she get's us to the starting point of all our cache hunts. We have taken her closer than maybe we should for a couple which almost resulted in us getting very stuck in some very deep muddy puddles.

The "paintwork" of the final coin is to be a silvery colour rather than the gold depicted here although we are thinking about basing an XLE on the Cayenne S Transsyberia 2007 colours (black and orange)...

Silver finish

tn_GizSilverSampleMay2007-11b.JPG

tn_GizSilverSampleMay2007-12b.JPG

Nickel finish

tn_GizNickelSampleMay2007-10b.JPG

tn_GizNickelSampleMay2007-12b.JPG

Gold finish

tn_GizGoldSampleMay2007-09b.JPG

tn_GizGoldSampleMay2007-11b.JPG

You can get to larger versions of the images here

Sue

Another update... This has taken so much longer than expected to get the colour of the paintwork correct. Thanks to Landsharkz for all the advice and help. There will be 4 versions (artwork and final samples). Versions 1 and 3 will be sold via Landsharkz and I will also have some of these available for trade. Versions 2 and 4 will be trade only.

Version 1: 175 - Landsharkz will be selling these (option to mint more)

Version 2: 50 - trade only for other XLE's

Version 3: 125 - Landsharkz will be selling these

Version 4: 10 - to be kept for special occasions

We may mint more of version 1 if required, but versions 2, 3 and 4 will not be re-minted. We also reserve the right to mint additional variations should the need arise.

Hopefully in about 4 weeks I'll be posting again to say they are ready.. As 2 of these will be available via Landsharkz I do not intend to take pre-orders - pricing to be determined.

Many thanks

Sue

and finally these are in <_< Landsharkz has 2 of the finishes for sale now and we will have these, and a 3rd finish, available for trade when they make their way across the pond. This 3rd finish is limited to 50 and will be trade only. Two further finishes of just 10 each will be reserved for special occasions.

Thanks for bearing with us on these - we took the time to get them just right.

Sue

This is a creative rendition of S&G.Davison's cachemobile Gizmo. Every detail is there... right down to the logo on the wheel caps! Of all the stylish cachemobiles, you'll 'get closer in a Cayenne'!

Gizmo is 58mm in length and minted in 5 finishes - we have two models for sale on the Landsharkz Uptown Lot:

1. Polished nickel both sides with translucent silver paint

or

2. Two-tone: Polished gold front with translucent silver paint and two-tone polished nickel/polished gold on the back.

The coins were advertised in our newsletter and are moving off the lot quickly. They're $9.50 each for either the polished nickel or the two-tone models.

I received this coin yesterday at an event at my house. What a great looking coin!! This coins looks 10X better in person. You can't tell from the photos the there is a curvature in the die making the coin look rounded on the side like a real car and the effect of the enamel over it...it looks soooo good!! I am so glad that I traded for this one. :)

Just a bump here - surprisingly to Landsharkz and ourselves these coins did not move well at all. Landsharks still have coins in stock and I still have many available to trade (or sell) including a black paint version of the two-one which is trade only.

I'll get some photos loaded ASAP otherwise an example is available on page 1 of the Landsharkz gallery.

Thanks

Sue

Technically it's pretty cool with the curvature under the translucent paint to create dark and light shading as the paint is deeper or thinner over the body of the car. They sell well in person, but online it's hard to create the images necessary to do them justice.

It took an engineer (Chris) to design this :) car and it's going to take a price reduction to sell them I guess :) .

Gizmo Geocoin