Geocaching Calendar 2

I know I have pinched another cachers idea but I reckon I could knock up 50 geocaching calendars in the next week or two. :huh:

The calendars will be very basic A4 folded in half with a pictures at the top and a calendar at the bottom, I reckon they will cost me about 2/3 quid each to make plus the envelope and postage to send them out to anyone who would like one, but if possible I would like to try and sell them for 5.00 each and send the profits to the spinal injuries hospital in Glasgow where Ewan (Billy Twigger is at).

I would like to know if 24 cachers would allow me to use their avatar pictures, for the top of the calendar also. :(

Like I have already said they will be pretty basic, but it is just to have a geocachers calendar and to try to help a fellow cacher by raising a little bit of money for a very worthy cause.

What do you think? Would you be interested in a calendar? And can I use your avatar?

I might not be able to gaurantee a Christmas delivery, but I will try my very best to get them out in January.

Mandy :(

OK so no one wants to speak to me through the forums :(

But 6 cachers so far have contacted me though our profile saying we can use their avatars and would like a calendar :( and like the idea of helping out the spinal injuries unit in Glasgow. :huh:

If you don't want to say anything on here drop me an email, I won't name any names :(

Thanks very much Wendy and The Mighty Sharks :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Wow this is going really well thank you all so much :huh:

14 people have agreed to me using their pictures and 14 calendars have sold already, it is for a good cause and to help a fellow cacher, I will make no profit myself and I will make sure I have witnesses to me sending off the cheque to the hospital and I will try to get a receipt and post that on here.

I already have Jan/Feb/March and half of April done already :(

I will only be making 50 calendars so if you would like one please let me know as soon as possible.

Could any Scottish Geocacher reading this please let me know the name of your forum so I can post this on there too (sorry I have forgotten the forums name :( )

Thanks again everyone :(

The calendars are printing as I type at 3.20 am :ph34r: and even if I do say so myself they look really nice, :ph34r: I have taken some super photos from some of your galleries to use. The calendars are now A4 size as it was just easier to do :laughing:

I have taken steps to find out the address and where to send the cheque to after the calendars are sold and to send one to Ewan (Billy Twigger too) :)

One of the North East cachers has offered to bind the calendars for me free of charge, which is great as I was just going to put a couple of staples in to hold it together :P

All I need now are a few more names, 50 A4 envelopes and more ink for my printer :anicute: all of the calendars will be posted out second class to save a bit of money and to be able to give a bit more to the spinal injuries hospital in Glasgow.

You should receive them hopefully before Christmas, once you receive your calendar please add a note to this thread and I will email you back with my address and then you can forward your cheque to me. :)

Thanks again to everyone for your help with this project.

Mandy :)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Wow I've woken up to a load of emails this morning :anicute: I will get back in touch with everyone in the next few days.

chizu I did not know there was a page where I could donate, it would probably be easier to use that than to send a cheque, please could you let me have more details please.

Mandy :laughing:

The page is www.justgiving.com/hogmanay_hangout the great thing about donating via there is that you also get gift aid claimed on the donation. This money is going to Spinal Injuries Scotland rather than Glasgow Hospital directly as you have to donate to a registered charity using this site.

Wow I've woken up to a load of emails this morning :anicute: I will get back in touch with everyone in the next few days.

chizu I did not know there was a page where I could donate, it would probably be easier to use that than to send a cheque, please could you let me have more details please.

The page is www.justgiving.com/hogmanay_hangout the great thing about donating via there is that you also get gift aid claimed on the donation. This money is going to Spinal Injuries Scotland rather than Glasgow Hospital directly as you have to donate to a registered charity using this site.

of course, anyone else that wants to donate money to this site is more than welcome!

I don't think the geocachers in general would mind about the profits from the calendar going to the Spinal Injuries Scotland Charity, although I did say it would go to the hospital where Ewan is, but I would think the overall charity will help all hospitals, if anyone has a problem with this please let me know. :anicute:

I am going to count up how many calendars have been ordered and let you know how many are left to buy.

:D Once the calendars are ready I will post them out to you, (I am a trusting soul, :ph34r: and no one is gonna diddle me for a charity item) I have a lot of peoples addresses from my posting bugs, if I don't already have your addie I will email you through your profile for it. B)

Once you receive your calendar if you add a note on here saying you have it, then I will send you an email through your profile with my address and if you send me a cheque for 5.00 when you can that would be great. B) When you send me a cheque could you please put in a note with your caching name, or I will get loads of cheques from Joe Bloggs and I won't know who it is :laughing:

I have estimated that the calendars are costing me about 2.50 (on my 4th black ink already :ph34r:) to produce and I am estimating 50p/60p postage, so there will be 2.00 from each calendar sold going to the spinal injuries charity. B)

If all the calendars sell I guarantee I will give 100.00 to the charity B)

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Did you put the cache names on the pages so I would know where the picture was taken? If so I would be happy to make a donation for an e-mail containing the calendar in a format I can print myself.

Under each picture/avatar is a caption saying who's it is and which cache the person was doing when the photograph was taken.

I am sorry but I have done one page at a time, printed 52 copies, (in case of accidents) then changed the dates around and changed the photos each time, so I only ever have 1 page.

I would be willing to post one out to America for you tho, you could make a donation yourself to the page listed above for the cost of the calendar and the postage :rolleyes:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

The calendars are about 3/4 done now. :rolleyes:

Ok we have sorted out our paypal account for anyone wanting to pay by this method.

If you wish to pay for your calendar by paypal it will be 5.25 as paypal take 4.9% (we would loose 12.50 by only charging 5.00 all which could be donated to the charity). If you want to pay via paypal send us an email and I will give you the details.

If you want to pay by cheque then it will be 5.00, if you want to make your payment before you receive the calendar then drop me an email through our profile and I will email you back with our addie.

I have just done a proper count up (I have this running or 3 forums) and making lots of phone calls :rolleyes:

38 sold :ph34r:

12 left :o

I made 2 extra incase of accidents :ph34r: but one will be going to Billy Twigger

Mandy :lol:

Also thanks to a local cacher :rolleyes: (ahem Moss Trooper) :lol: the calendars have cost a bit less to make than I thought they would so now I will be charging 2.00 for the calendar 50p/60p postage and 2.50 from every calendar will go to the charity so hopefully if they all sell I will donate 125.00 to the charity. :):anicute::lol:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Any chance of a teeny weeny preview of the images you are using? perhaps you could post up some thumbnail images here.

I can't really Ali as I said to webscouter last night I have made a page/month and printed 52 copies then changed it the next month so I only ever have 1 page.

Most pages have a photograph on with a caption underneath saying who took the phot and which cache they were doing and next to that an avatar of one of the cachers who has bought the calendar.

I am trying to do December now that will have santa on with all 50 avatars (hopefully) :rolleyes: around him, the calendars are very basic nothing flash :)

Mandy :rolleyes:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess