Members Only Sale

Did anybody get an extra ROT 13? Seems I've missed out 2 or 3 times now and I NEED my beauty sleep!! :unsure: Maybe we can work something out.

They just dropped again. I missed the benchmark but grabbed 2 more ROTs after seeing your post here. Let me know if you need it. I'm sure we can work out a trade.

Did anybody get an extra ROT 13? Seems I've missed out 2 or 3 times now and I NEED my beauty sleep!! :unsure: Maybe we can work something out.

They just dropped again. I missed the benchmark but grabbed 2 more ROTs after seeing your post here. Let me know if you need it. I'm sure we can work out a trade.

Thanks AtlantaGal. I'll get back to you!!! I'm trying to buy for a couple of people here and I think Blind Acorn wanted one too.

How do I become a part of the members only sales... I'm new to Groundspeak forums. I have been geocaching for a little over a year now, and I have the geocoin fever bad!!! If anyone has any tips, hints or web pages where I can buy geocoins please let me know..

Where do I starts to get members only coins.......... Please help. ( I know, another person to fight for the last coin.... LOL :unsure: )

How do I become a part of the members only sales... I'm new to Groundspeak forums. I have been geocaching for a little over a year now, and I have the geocoin fever bad!!! If anyone has any tips, hints or web pages where I can buy geocoins please let me know..

Where do I starts to get members only coins.......... Please help. ( I know, another person to fight for the last coin.... LOL :unsure: )

Not sure if I'm able to mention the specific site or not so have sent a pm

You want coins? Look here:

http://cointracking.com/public/Go_JayBee

Reasonable prices....excellent service...

JayBee

i keep checking and i cant get any i want. i only want a rot 13 and a old man winter.

oh well. i probably dont need any more coins anyways.

ok, wait, i just did a refresh and managed to grab 2 rot13, now ill keep trying a bit maybe i can get that old man winter next. lol

Edited by Nero

I'm not a GCC memeber so I missed out on all of this, but I wanted to say that this was a really fun thread to read through. It totally reminded me of my beanie baby days. The one's where I'd wake up, grab my cell and start hitting hallmarks to see who had their new beanies out first. Then all the calls I'd make to see which of my friends needed which beanies. Oddly enough, I think the beanie (at Hallmarks) were cheaper! Just as much fun though. I hope everyone got the coins they wanted. And can someone tell me what ROT 13is? I keep picturing a rotty, that would be great!

Where do I starts to get members only coins.......... Please help. ( I know, another person to fight for the last coin.... LOL :o )

Look into this site for inspiration.

Great service with a :unsure:

http://cointracking.com/public/bobuk

http://cointracking.com/view_list_displayc...03&trans_id=363

cheers

B.

It totally reminded me of my beanie baby days. The one's where I'd wake up, grab my cell and start hitting hallmarks to see who had their new beanies out first. Then all the calls I'd make to see which of my friends needed which beanies. Oddly enough, I think the beanie (at Hallmarks) were cheaper! Just as much fun though.

Yeah, collecting coins is like BBs all over again. I too used to chase the UPS truck around at a few area stores just to see what I could snag right away. And eBaying extras was an excellent way to fund a collection of the silly things. Deja vous.

It totally reminded me of my beanie baby days. The one's where I'd wake up, grab my cell and start hitting hallmarks to see who had their new beanies out first. Then all the calls I'd make to see which of my friends needed which beanies. Oddly enough, I think the beanie (at Hallmarks) were cheaper! Just as much fun though.

ROTFL! We have so many of these blasted beanies! They do take up more space than coins, but they are softer.

ROTFL! We have so many of these blasted beanies! They do take up more space than coins, but they are softer.

Space bags (those vacuum seal storage bags) work great and stack nicely in a closet :unsure:

LOL.....yeah and they are not as heavy.

:mad: Looking for a Benchmark, Ammo Can, ROT13 or S/A Also.... Will purchase outright or trade if need be. I'm willing to use the ol' Jedi mind trick if necessary. :( It's not a pretty sight..... but on the other hand, (for the trekkies..) Resistance IS futile!!! :anibad::angry::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Gaaa! I just placed my extras for sale elsewhere and saw that they were being sold through the store.

Do you have to be a member to buy? I stopped my subscription as I was getting buried in coins! :mad:

Yes LMF, you had to be a member to get them but there wasn't much available and it was hard to get what was available unless you want one of the latest editions (Feb, March, April, May) there are plenty of these left. The Benchmark, Ol' Man Winter, and ROT-13 went fast. There wasn't anything else.

I am also looking for a Benchmark if anyone is interested in trading send me a email.

Edited by Parrolet

Okay -- I didn't realize the ROT13 and Benchmark were so sought after. I had 4 of each through my subscription and placed 2 of each into caches and am doing something else with the 1 extra of each that are still around (so no PM's please :mad: !).

They sure are nice coins though. I think the Benchmark is in my top 5 all-time favourite coins.

So, will someone explain to me what happened??? I was watching the site & the sale started later than the e-mail stated, right? And then, they dropped the older coins for sale for just a minute or 2 at a time??? What time did they start popping up? I totally misunderstood how this thing was going to work. I sat at my computer doing other things & watched, but only refreshed every 5-10min. I never saw the older coins go up for sale & then a little after midnight the power supply on my computer died!! :laughing: It was Fri afternoon before I could get it fixed & up & running again. Of course they were all gone by then. So what was the earliest anybody saw the Jan or older drop? Oh well, I guess I wasn't meant to get any at this time. :laughing:

So what was the earliest anybody saw the Jan or older drop?

I think around 8:50 EST was the first drop and then they seemed to happen about once an hour at different times while I was on the computer.

Basically, they load the cart with a certain quantity. Once that quantity sells, the item drops back into coins on deck until the next scheduled listing. I have no clue what the quantities were, but on the benchmark, I would say less than 10 coins each listing time as a guess. Perhaps one of the club reps can be more specific.

I can't speak to quantity details, but there are not many coins available at each interval. The sale did begin at the right time. I think the folks who snagged the first few "drops" are keeping quiet. Some of these people could go pro.

What time was that? It wasn't at 7:00pm EST.

What time was that? It wasn't at 7:00pm EST.

2006-06-29 19:17:34

In the first three minutes coins were bought by 8 people in these states, AK, HI, MI, NY and GA. None of our international subscribers got in for a while.

What time zone is your server in tho? Mountain?

None of our international subscribers got in for a while.

That's no surprise as international subscribers have to make an additional selection before completing the sale. Actually, I still wonder why this thing was called a sale, it was more like a contest, those who had alot of time to refresh or were just plain lucky were able to grab a few of the older coins and won as the coins were sold at lower prices than the current collectors market value. Why was it even possible for them to more than one of the coins if your goal was to give more GCC members a chance to buy one of the older coins?? It just makes no sense to me. Being fair is a completely different thing. I did not even see one of the interesting drops, for all I knew looking at the clubsite, the sale of those could have not have started yet at all. And I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. I would already have cancelled my membership if you wouldn't lock your members in for several months.

Hey Bjorn, will these ship right away or does the 4-6 week wait mentioned on the website apply?

All of these are sitting on my shelf ready to ship... except we will be at Midwest Geobash all week long. I don't think Trippy will get me the orders until after the Bash but they will all go at once then.

To answer a couple other questions... we have never reordered a coin, these are original stock. For all of the older coins on the sale the quantities are very small and they will be gone soon if they aren't already, never to return again.