The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

It's a phone box. :D

Infact, I used to have a cache (adopted by CT&E) which commemorated the very object...

The Middle Of Nowehere? (Lancs)

at Dundop Bridge, Lancashire. :mad:

Cheers!

Seasider

Yep, it's a Ding! for Seasider... It is a great spot up there, especially on mountain bikes down the tarmac forestry track to two other caches.

Why was this one archived?

It was archived because it was a virtual.

By a bizarre coincidence I've been bagging the Bowland caches over the last couple of weeks and the next cache on my list for Friday is...

Whitendale Hanging Stones (the Centre of Britain)

which is located a couple of hundred yards from the OS calculated centre!

I'll be parking across the road from the phone box so I might put a physical cache down in the village to get the Middle Of Nowhere cache up and running again. :mad:

Cheers!

Seasider

I'll be parking across the road from the phone box so I might put a physical cache down in the village to get the Middle Of Nowhere cache up and running again. :D

Cheers!

Seasider

That would be good as it is a great spot - I wonder if you would get away with a micro in that Phonebox... :mad:

I'll be parking across the road from the phone box so I might put a physical cache down in the village to get the Middle Of Nowhere cache up and running again. :D

Cheers!

Seasider

That would be good as it is a great spot - I wonder if you would get away with a micro in that Phonebox... :blink:

I doubt I'd get BT approval for that but if I can't put it close then I'll do it as an offset multi where cachers have to visit the box the get some clues. :mad:

Cheers!

Seasider

Ok... next question...

Why are 1946 pennies worth more than 1945 pennies?

Cheers!

Seasider

<joking> Because £19.46 is 1p more than £19.45. Duh! </joking>

actually, I'd have guessed about the metal composition changing, so I'd have been wrong.

Edited by NickPick

go on then, I'll bite - explain!

I asusme they are the initials of actors/actresses playing a particular character - not sure which one!

Well, the current one certainly is an actor, but what part he's playing no-one knows.

Try Harold Wilson as the first one.

Harold wilson, Edward Heath, Harold wilson, James Callaghan, Magargeret Thatcher, John Major and Tony Blair

Next question (set on behalf of the last winner).

In the Discworld series, what makes the book 'Wee Free Men' different from all the other Discworld books?

And you Geochatters may not answer this as you know it now!

da*n I should know this...

from personal experience, I would say it is the only one I have in hardback...

Actually, is it set on the discworld at all?

Next question (set on behalf of the last winner).

In the Discworld series, what makes the book 'Wee Free Men' different from all the other Discworld books?

And you Geochatters may not answer this as you know it now!

da*n I should know this...

from personal experience, I would say it is the only one I have in hardback...

Actually, is it set on the discworld at all?

Yes it is set on Discworld.

(said in best teacher voice) Must try harder! :D

Is this to do with the main character not being previously mentioned in ANY of his other books, or is it to do with the 'chalk' thingy - of course, now there are two sequels, neither of the above really apply (sign). Or is it to do with a main character from the discworld having a walk-on part??

If not any of the above, I'm stuck - and I'm a librarian.

This is from Samurai Dan because he has not got his own account.

Death did not appear in Wee Free Men

'NO COMMENT'!

He now wants to know what his prize is? :D

Ding to that Samurai... His excellent first prize is the chance to set his own question!!!

:lol::D:P