Jeepermtj Personal Geocoin

JeeperMTJ

Today my geocoins arrived. I got an call from my better half at work: "There is a big package for you, I think it´s the coins!" I rushed home from work and postphoned a meeting with my boss till tomorrow ;-). And it was true. The coins were there. At least a portion. For some reason the rest is kept at the post office and I have to pick it up tomorrow.

I have kept 200 coins for myself. I will trade them for other personal geocoins or place them in local caches. 150 are the regular "antique bronze" coins (#51-150) and 50 "antique silver - limited edition" (#1-50). The latter are already traded away.

I am very pleased how the coins turned out. Especially the 3D engraving of my jeep looks really good. The coins were made by thecachingplace.com and these folks did a wonderful job. They are great. (and geocacher and jeep owner as well).

Here are the pictures!

Antique Bronze

JeeperMTJ_AB_reg.gif

Antique Silver Limited Edition

JeeperMTJ_S_LE.gif

And the fact sheet:

- 500 coins minted

450 regular coins (antique bronze, numbered 51-500)

50 limited edition (antique silverl, numbered 1-50)

- TRACKABLE on gc.com with PC Prefix

- 1.75"

- 2D/3D engraving (...and of course there is a jeep on it)

- gc numbering and serial number in one line (eg. PC1234-001)

- color

I will start shipping my open trades on monday. Thanks to everybody who already sent me his/her a coin.

Martin

Edited by JeeperMTJ

Would love to trade or purchase from someone PLEASE...our Jeep Wrangler was stolen from us on Dec. 13 (this was of course of caching vehicle). It was recovered on Dec. 16, but the guys who stole it totaled it:( Looking to get another one. Since this coin is a Jeep coin and my husband spent 10 yrs in Germany, this coin would mean alot to us. We've only been caching a few months so don't have but 3 coins available to trade (2 GA coins & 1 BackBrakeBilly coin). Any favors would be greatly appreciated:)

Penny & Mark

How do I get started collecting these wonderful coins if I have none of my own? We're still new to this, and probably will be a "newbie" for awhile but we want to start a collection for our daughter who is 9 weeks old. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Keep watching the forum. You'll be able to buy a few of the different coins and then you start trading. Buy a couple of each to start off, and after a while, you start to have traders.

But I warn you, you don't know what you are getting into.....it can become addictive. The surgeon general says so........ :laughing:

Would be nice if you posted when your coin arrived and where exactly you are located. Thanks a bunch!

I hope you still have me down for a trade for that Silver. I confirmed my end, but never heard back from you. PLMK ;)

Yes AG, I got you. If I haven´t answered, sorry about that. I had a ton of emails to go through. ;)

Would love to trade or purchase from someone PLEASE...our Jeep Wrangler was stolen from us on Dec. 13 (this was of course of caching vehicle). It was recovered on Dec. 16, but the guys who stole it totaled it:( Looking to get another one. Since this coin is a Jeep coin and my husband spent 10 yrs in Germany, this coin would mean alot to us. We've only been caching a few months so don't have but 3 coins available to trade (2 GA coins & 1 BackBrakeBilly coin). Any favors would be greatly appreciated:)

Penny & Mark

Sorry to hear that your Jeep was stolen.

I would trade you one of my coins for the BackBrakeBilly coin. Just send me your address via eMail.

Martin

Is it posible that everybody can register that coin tomorrow at GC?

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly but the coin has sticker attached to it with TrackingNumber and activation codes. Alternatively the activation code can be retrieved at thecachingplace.com

Hope that answers your question. If not, let me know.

Martin