Elvis Goes Geocaching

Lemon Fresh Dog

Hello all,

The world's first crushed velvet geocoin is about to be released. It will feature the "King" Elvis out for a geocaching adventure. The coin is metal with one side having a velvet covering.

They are extremely limited and only available in caches.....

sorry..... I just had to get that out of my system.

:antenna:

Please post other absurd coin ideas here.

They are extremely limited and only available in caches.....

Only in US and Canada caches?

No! NO!

Elvis is Everywhere!

I thought Elvis had left the building!

He did indeed leave the building, but not the cache - he took that with him ;p

Edited by Thorny1

Funny idea - love the velvet side (but only in black)! :laughing:

All kidding aside (to answer utchaz) I'd have no interest in this if it became a reality. What possible connection to caching could you make?

And this comes from somebody who was born and raised an Elvis fan.

Now, if you were going to make an Angelina Jolie coin........ ;)

Legally I don't know, I'm not a lawyer so it'd be foolish to listen to me...

But Vegas does have plenty of impersonators getting paid to be Elvis without paying his estate for it.

I don't know about a GC connection Kealia but IMO perhaps the king would have liked doing all of this and that's enough to make it so. It really isn't always about connections is it? Sometime you do it because it's fun, that's why we started caching anyhow. Perhaps it could be something along the lines of Cacher's who are Elvis fans?

Just a thought for the masses, not meaning to flame anyone.

Chaz

Soon to be followed by the cachers who breathe air coin.

I'll take two regular and one LE. ;)

Windrose

If you buy those I'm sure you'll also be interested in the cachers who collect pennies coin. It may look like a regular penny, but don't be fooled! These geocaching related collectibles have an authentic "g" above Lincoln's head! You can paypal me a low, low $3/coin and I'll mail them out tomorrow. :laughing:

Legally I don't know, I'm not a lawyer so it'd be foolish to listen to me...

But Vegas does have plenty of impersonators getting paid to be Elvis without paying his estate for it.

I don't know about a GC connection Kealia but IMO perhaps the king would have liked doing all of this and that's enough to make it so. It really isn't always about connections is it? Sometime you do it because it's fun, that's why we started caching anyhow. Perhaps it could be something along the lines of Cacher's who are Elvis fans?

Just a thought for the masses, not meaning to flame anyone.

Chaz

No flame taken, I'm thick skinned. :laughing:

Soon to be followed by the cachers who breathe air coin.

I'll take two regular and one LE. :)

Windrose

If you buy those I'm sure you'll also be interested in the cachers who collect pennies coin. It may look like a regular penny, but don't be fooled! These geocaching related collectibles have an authentic "g" above Lincoln's head! You can paypal me a low, low $3/coin and I'll mail them out tomorrow. ;)

Cool! How much for the steel limited edition?

Windrose

P.S. Are they GC.com trackable? :laughing:

Elvis is here. Elvis McLeod that is. This is about my favorite place in the world.

Now back on subject... my DNF coin. No, it's not like the one that Marky is making. No matter how often you go to your mailbox, you will not find this coin. Taking preorders now. ;)

And I think a Paris Hilton coin would be about the funniest thing I'd evar seen. The only thing funnier would be Nicole Richie before the drugs on the obverse and after the drugs on the reverse.

Now that I have access to my image editing suite at home here is my graphical entry in the absurd coin category.

wafflecoin.gif

The 50th Anniversary of Waffle House GeoCoin!!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah... it'd have to have "Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked, Topped & Diced" around the edge too. ;)

Edited by Blodlizrd
Well I've thought for a long time... and I've come up with the ultimate geocoin. Some of us cachers don't always find the cache on our first try... so we ask a fellow cacher for assistance... so I bring you the... HELP! Geocoin.

Shockingly this general coin idea has become a reality, though not with the same art. I guess no idea is absurd enough to not become a real coin. :lol:

Now that I have access to my image editing suite at home here is my graphical entry in the absurd coin category.

wafflecoin.gif

The 50th Anniversary of Waffle House GeoCoin!!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah... it'd have to have "Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked, Topped & Diced" around the edge too. :lol:

Now I'd buy that, no Awful waffle Houses around here though... LOL

Ummmm Yeah, what he said.

Don't know how those four spell out help but I'll buy that.

that is the error coin-- Lol

Its true... they don't spell anything. Originally they posed spelling 'help' in semaphore... but the photographer thought the arm positions didn't make for a good picture so they improvised. The picture as we see it today is also reversed. If you hold it to a mirror they kindof spell LPUS (help us?). Great coin material if you ask me.

Ummmm Yeah, what he said.

Don't know how those four spell out help but I'll buy that.

that is the error coin-- Lol

Its true... they don't spell anything. Originally they posed spelling 'help' in semaphore... but the photographer thought the arm positions didn't make for a good picture so they improvised. The picture as we see it today is also reversed. If you hold it to a mirror they kindof spell LPUS (help us?). Great coin material if you ask me.

Very interesteting indeed.

I was kind of interested in the "GeoCacher's Who Breath Air" concept.

Would it be any different that the Scew Geocoins idea...

But then again Elvis's Blue Sueade shoe sounds like something that would be awesome...

This thread sure has some good ideas, seriously.

Why are we always limiting ourselves and making up rules when there is no need to?

It's all about the fun and hell of it, why limit that?

UtChaz

Okay, I'm seriously considering making a Cachers who Breathe Air coin after that last post. If someone wants to help me out (primarily with shipping them) send me an email. Yes, I'm serious... I think. It all depends on if someone else who's sick of thinly veiled geocaching tie-ins wants to help. ;)

Okay, I'm seriously considering making a Cachers who Breathe Air coin after that last post. If someone wants to help me out (primarily with shipping them) send me an email. Yes, I'm serious... I think. It all depends on if someone else who's sick of thinly veiled geocaching tie-ins wants to help. ;)

Oh how the mighty have fallen. ;) (just kidding).

Windrose

P.S. email on it's way.