Go Ape

In a bid to come up with an event that's a little bit different, we've stumbled on this idea for a North West event.

For those that can't be bothered reading the link, it's basically an adventure day (2 hours) in the forest, climbing and swinging in the trees on a forest assault course.

We were thinking of a weekend in August. Prices are £18 for adults (Gorillas) and £13 for 10-17 year olds (Baboons).

There's also a campsite nearby.

Any interest?

bearing mind it might be considered 'commercial' :D

It can't be any more commercial than a pub/ train/ferry??

The 2 train events were listed as taking place at the stations, not on the trains :P so were not commercial in that you had to pay to take part, the Ferry was given special permission by Groundspeak before the event page was even submitted because it's linking UK and Irish Cachers for a event even though they considered it a commercial location, due to having to purchase a ticket to take part.. It's the fact that you have to pay to take part which is the problem with Groundspeak. I've sent you 2 a email with a suggestion.

Dave

Just to update folks - We're thinking 20th August to avoid clashes with any other listed events. We're going up to Grizedale this weekend with Cave Troll and Eeyore to check out possible camp sites and picnic areas.

S&G.Davison have offered to help out with organising a Bracknell version of the event, so now is the time to pipe up whether you want simultaneous events or separate ones. Also if you want to organise one in Sherwood Forest or Moors Valley then pipe up.

T

Can't wait for this one! :anitongue::rolleyes:

For those who don't want to Go Ape please note that I am planning to bag the caches which are hidden on the islands in the surrounding lakes. So if anyone fancies sharing a boat ride then let me know!

I'll post a link to the relevant caches later.

Cheers!

Seasider

chickenboat.jpg

Is that Seasider I see floating around the lake, instead of swinging around in the trees.  :mad:  :mad:

Although we did think about the ones on the lake too... :mad: Never know we may do them ones as well.

Pengy

:unsure::blink::blink:

I suppose we could do the water caches after swinging through the trees! :wacko:

The water caches are...

Windermere

Ling a long a lucky (a short swim!)

Nautical But Nice (if the Gremlin girls replace it)

Coniston

Swallows & Amazons

Anyone up ferret?!

Cheers!

Seasider

Just trying to drum up a bit more interest for this one. In case you haven't read the cache page, it's not compulsary to take part in the tree swinging. Anyone who wants to attend for the camping/BBQ is most welcome.

There are footpaths all around the Go Ape course, so there will be plenty of opportunity to point and laugh at those of us up in the trees.

As the site only accepts tents and not caravans, there is another campsite close-by for caravanners. See here for details. They wouldn't allow us to make a group booking here, but they may be able to fit a few of you on if you book individually.

If you are interested in the event, please post a note on the cache page. We will need to confirm numbers with the campsite and Go Ape in a couple of weeks time.

Edited by Pengy&Tigger

It sounds like it will be great fun and a good day out unfortunately I'm offshore for it. Looking at the cache page and link strongly think we will make it to Grizedale at a later date to hang about in the trees only wish it could of been for the event.