Quickest Approval - Crow T. Robot

TheNomad

Hey all - I think my approver (Crow T Robot) has the quickest time for approval. Can anyone beat this?

My "Listing Submitted" e-mail came in at 9:25pm. My "Listing Published" e-mail came in at 10:08pm.

I've extolled the virtues of our local volunteer approver before, but I've never had such a quick approval. Less than 30 minutes...

Crow T Robot rules!

Hey all - I think my approver (Crow T Robot) has the quickest time for approval. Can anyone beat this?

My "Listing Submitted" e-mail came in at 9:25pm. My "Listing Published" e-mail came in at 10:08pm.

I've extolled the virtues of our local volunteer approver before, but I've never had such a quick approval. Less than 30 minutes...

Crow T Robot rules!

9:25 to 10:08....Umm...that's 43 minutes

Two minutes post-submission for me. I hadn't even finished fine-tuning the HTML.

It helps to be personal friends with your local approvers! :laughing:

That's happened to me a few times. I learned early on to submit the page with the basics, then toy around with the text. I've had several caches approved while I was still messing with the wording. I'd say the quickest was probably a matter of less than 5 minutes from when I submitted it.

I've also has approvals take over a week from the same approver, so its all a matter of when your approver gets to it. Their workload and their personal schedules vary.

That's funny, I had a cache denied with in a few hours & archived, so I moved it, submitted the changes, wrote emails, blah blah blah and I'm still waiting 18 hrs later. Luckily I'm patient and I know it could take up to 72 hrs for it to be approved. Seems like they are really quick to deny them, but not so quick for the approval around here.

I'm sure I can beat 43 minutes, however I don't know the actual amount of time. ILAdmin has always approved my caches in very short order. I'm sure one of them was less than 20 minutes. He's also been very helpful with providing his thoughts on different ideas I've had and answers all my goofy questons.

Of course, I have to pay him my lunch money three times a week but I think it's worth it. B)

Scoob

Two minutes post-submission for me.  I hadn't even finished fine-tuning the HTML.

It helps to be personal friends with your local approvers! B)

That's happened to me a few times. I learned early on to submit the page with the basics, then toy around with the text.

I thouroughlky recommend unchecking "the cache is currently active", then printout out the page and giving it to your beta-tester. (You do have one, right ?) Then when s/he's finished getting the bugs out, you can submit a professional looking cache and impress the approver with your diligence.

Seriously though... some cache listings look like they've been "composed" when the owner is drunk. It doesn't give the impression that the cache will be worth a visit...

:blink: I submitted a cache and when I reviewed the page I discovered a couple of typos. Went back to edit the page and when I went to the cache page to see if my edits were ok....the cache had been approved. I did not time it, but it was probably only 15-20 minutes from when I submitted the cache to when it was approved. At that time I had not opened my email so other than going back to the cache page (after the edit) there was no way of knowing of the approval. Here in Tennessee, we have got a super fast and I might add great approver. B)

P.S I believe his latest name is Max Cacher or what ever he is using today in the witness protection program.

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge
That's funny, I had a cache denied with in a few hours & archived, so I moved it, submitted the changes, wrote emails, blah blah blah and I'm still waiting 18 hrs later. Luckily I'm patient and I know it could take up to 72 hrs for it to be approved. Seems like they are really quick to deny them, but not so quick for the approval around here.

When you make changes to an archived cache, the cache doesn't show up in the review queue. Archiving it moves the listing out of the queue. In the case of caches placed in areas where caching is prohibited, this is an appropriate action.

I noticed you left a "note to reviewer" on your cache page. Reviewers do not automatically receive notice that someone's left a note this way, unless they happen to place the cache on their watchlist.

As recommended in the archive note, the proper way to contact your reviewer is by e-mail to the address given. The reviewer will see your e-mail message the next time he checks his e-mail. That may *not* occur as frequently as the reviewer checks the new cache queue. For example, I can check the new cache queue from my office computer during the day, but I do not have access to my reviewer e-mail account. Therefore, during the day I am able to concentrate on quick listings, quick archivals, and form letter notes. Caches like yours which require special handling have to wait until I can deal with the 15 to 30 e-mails I receive each day.

I hope that this explanation of the process is helpful to you as you await a response. I am sure that your reviewer will respond to your e-mail soon.

Crow approved one of mine while I was fiddling with the attributes. I have learned NOT to check the "this cache is currently active" box til I'm at least confident of no typos and no errors in the coords. That still leaves me getting email from the local cachers mentioning that surely they would walk EAST from my parking coords to get near the cache .... well, yes if they intended to find it.