Pratical Joke On The Hiding Cacher!

I headed for a cache once that was listed as a 4.5 terrain. All the logs from the previous finders told tales of how difficult the cache was and how they barely made out of there dry and in one piece etc etc etc. One day, I got up the courage, packed a bag full necessities such as a first aid kit, spare clothes, cell phone, flashlight, extra batteries and other assorted items that I thought might come in handy for this harrowing ordeal I was about to undertake.

I arrived at the cache and found it exceptionally easy. When I opened the cache, I read a note from the owner. Apparently this was a "liar's cache". In order to log the find, I had to go back to the cache page a make up a story of how difficult the cache was and describe my many harrowing experiences while tracking it down.

Apparently the cache hider is quite the comedian. And the joke is on the rest of us.

I won't link to the cache or mention its name so as not to spoil it for anyone else.

We have a local cacher who always puts **DO NOT leave food items blah blah blah..** in his descriptions. When I see he has a new cache listed I will check that no one is watching it and log a find. In the log I will say I took nothing left hot dog or some other food item as a joke. I also leave crazy logs on some of my cach'n bud's listings and I promptly delete them. They get an e-mail of the log but when they go to look at the listing, it's not on there. It's a fun game to play sometimes.

Here is a copy of a log we left for a cache in Stockton, California.

This was an interesting one. We were able to grab it and walk a distance away to open it. Started to go back but the entire area was taken over by a large group. Soooo - we took the cache.
Edited by Spyder13

Actually there was a second part to the log :(

Since we had to go back home to Nevada, my son-in-law, who lives in Stockton, said he would replace the cache in the early evening when no one was around. When we got home we had an email saying the cache had been replaced. Thanks for the cache.
Edited by Spyder13

I know of a local cacher who attempted to play a jok on the local FTF hounds. The intended victims are frequently the first to find any local cache, and have racked up more than a few pre-approval finds.

Intending to tweak their tale just a bit, my friend disguised an exploding can of snakes from a joke shop as a new geocache. He made sure that the supercachers in question would know about the cache in advance, and had a good idea where to look (long story).

As luck would have it, one of the intended victims, who had long been unemployed, suddenly found a job, and the pair were unable to make the FTF attempt. Other innocent cachers became the victims of the joke.