Joint-smoking Id10ts

For kids,        pot is a very sad picture. It usually means there is a lot of 'other' stuff going on their lives and they are having trouble dealing with all of it. They need help from community, neighbors, family and friends.        brain cells and getting 'stupid' is just a sad, sad alternative.

I have to agree.

Well mostly kids who smoke just want to get high, thats it!

but you got to ask yourself why would they want to get high in the first place. I know very few people who get addicted just cause they want to get high. Most of them have serious problems such as divorce, abusive dads, bulling in school. These people don't just get hooked for the heck of it usually theres some other aspect in the picture even if it is a little as peer pressure.

Edited by Stony2008
but you got to ask yourself why would they want to get high in the first place. I know very few people who get addicted just cause they want to get high. Most of them have serious problems such as divorce, abusive dads, bulling in school. These people don't just get hooked for the heck of it usually theres some other aspect in the picture even if it is a little as peer pressure.

What makes you believe that? Why do people drink beer? Do the majority of people who drink beer do so because of serious personal problems, bullying and/or peer pressure? Or do beer drinkers just like to get a little beer buzz from time to time?

Now substitute the word beer with the word cannabis in the paragraph above. The answers are pretty much the same.

Perhaps there should be a 'war on beer'? Oh yea, they did that once and it didn't work... :grin:

Do the majority of people who drink      do so because of serious personal problems, bullying and/or peer pressure?

yes. Most of the people I know personally that are addicted to have had the serious problems I mentioned. and today most teens are introduced to by their friends (i know first hand). I have never met anyone who has just thought, hey Im going to get drunk today.

Do the majority of people who drink      do so because of serious personal problems, bullying and/or peer pressure?

yes. Most of the people I know personally that are addicted to have had the serious problems I mentioned. and today most teens are introduced to by their friends (i know first hand). I have never met anyone who has just thought, hey Im going to get drunk today.

Who said anything about addiction? Are you suggesting that anyone who drinks alcohol (or smoke a joint) on an occasional basis is an addict? I don't think the world is that black and white...

Who said anything about addiction? Are you suggesting that anyone who drinks alcohol (or smoke a joint) on an occasional basis is an addict? I don't think the world is that black and white...

I don't think you understand 99% of the people who try are addicted after their first smoke and about 80% with .

I don't think you understand 99% of the people who try are addicted after their first smoke and about 80% with .

Source, please.

I personally know 2 cops who have delt with the affects on teens. I have eight people in my family that are doctors and have delt with addicts. Its not anything to joke about.

I do not have a source on the statistics I just remember hearing them from someone so it very well could be BS.

All im trying to say is that have ruined peoples lives. I know first hand. its nothing to play with. anything that has a potential risk of getting you addicted (such as ext) is something you want to stay far away from.

I mst say that I smoke, and I agree, it is terrible for kids, and most kids turn to drugs as an escape. I started after I grew up (legally at least) and frankly, it's my weekend alternative to alcohol; which I believe is a much worse drug. There are worse things to do. I don't have kids, pay my own way, and i'm not troubled or violent.

I mst say that I smoke, and I agree, it is terrible for kids, and most kids turn to      as an escape. I started after I grew up (legally at least) and frankly, it's my weekend alternative to alcohol; which I believe is a much worse    . There are worse things to do. I don't have kids, pay my own way, and i'm not troubled or violent.

im just curious im not going to attack you or anything I just want to know. did you wake up one morning and say "hey I think ill go get a drink" or did someone show it to you first.

i don't approve of drug use for children or for adults. that said, it's the adult's prerogative.

a child does not have a fully formed personality and a significant amount of drug use will prevent maturing of personality, which will not be useful in terms of developing a cogent world view or life skills or even simple preparation for entry into the workforce.

a kid with significant drug use will need to learn all the things he should have learned when it was developmentally appropriate before he can move on along.

once you've had a chance to develop fully you should have the right to destroy yourself in any way you see fit as long as your insurance doesn't cover it.

Maybe it's just me, and I hope this doesn't offend anyone but here goes.... I personally find the "only dopes do dope" and intolerance of marijuana smokers/smoking pathetic.

I guess those people think that legal drugs (alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, and a countless amount of prescription and OTC drugs) are somehow O.k. because the government says so, and marijuana isn't because it is against the law.

To me, it is the law that is broken. Marijuana should not be classed as a narcotic (with cocaine and heroine) as it is now. Many states are in the process of legalizing / decriminalizing it.

Ironically, I find these kinds of people (who say "only dopes do dope" and "you must have mental problems to smoke pot") more of an annoyance than some kid who vandalizes a cache. The kid vandalizing a cache is at least understandable. The intollerance and ignorance of the "educated" adults is not understandable to me.

my 2 cents

Edited by mantis7
I mst say that I smoke, and I agree, it is terrible for kids, and most kids turn to      as an escape. I started after I grew up (legally at least) and frankly, it's my weekend alternative to alcohol; which I believe is a much worse    . There are worse things to do. I don't have kids, pay my own way, and i'm not troubled or violent.

im just curious im not going to attack you or anything I just want to know. did you wake up one morning and say "hey I think ill go get a drink" or did someone show it to you first.

The point was not how we all get started on our bad habits. Be it sex, chocolate, marijuana, or malt liquor. Too much of anything, in the wrong hands can spell trouble.

The point was that because some kid who happened to be smoking a little pot did something to you, you stereotype a whole lot of responsible adults. Blame the parents. It's their lack of supervision.

-

I'm, glad to see some geocachers that share in the herbal ritual.

Edited by Marcie/Eric
I don't think you understand 99% of the people who try        are addicted after their first smoke and about 80% with          .

This statement is 100% false. Pot does not have ANY physically addictive properties like tobacco or alcohol (much less so than tobacco). I do smoke occasionally, having started at twenty years of age. I do have a somewhat difficult life, what with working full time to afford my apartment, and education, as well as have a social life. Stoners are not all lazy screwups with emotional problems, any more than people who enjoy alcohol are. I cache and camp, while maintaining my personal, educational, and social life just fine without having become some terrible monster that you seem to think pot smokers become.

Alcohol and tobacco are much worse physically for you, with alcohol being much more dangerous both emotionally with a much higher chance of injury, death, or illegal activities being performed when drunk as opposed to stoned.

Drugs are pretty common in high school, so I can't say that I was never exposed to it as a youngster, however, as a kid I rejected it. After my twentieth birthday I pretty much did decide one night "hey I think ill go get stoned".

Don't care. This forum wasn't meant to discuss the drawbacks or benefits of cannibis or jujubees. Though I'm guessing this is just an indication that the topic has drawn to a close. Please continue posting if you have anything to discuss back on topic. Thanks.

Well pee pee cant hurt you it just smells bad.

Any person with any bit of sense knows to wash your hands often anyways.

I would definately try and catch them so to punch them square in the face.

Then you can ask them how "fing funny it really was" cause their tears look truly hilarious!

Just my two cents.... :grin:

I don't carry a lot of the things that some cachers do in their caching bags, but ever since shortly after I placed my first cache, I carry latex gloves. All it took was one maintenance visit to the first stage for me to decide I don't like handling bird poop.

Dude most times when people smoke the first time, they don't get high at all...I know first hand that weed is addictive, but not in the sense that "IVE got to get high right now and will do anything to get high!" its more like "hey i'm gonna smoke and relax with some friends and then eat some food." I am not condoning pot use or anything, its just fact that some people like it and smoke, some poeple don't...Its not that bad of a drug, Sh*t its better than most pills they advertise on tv 24/7....Listen to those side effects...but this is fourm about caching and i'm going off here....I am trying to quit myself, but when I smell smoke at a party or something I dont get all offended, I say no and people understand........

Delay

Maybe it's just me, and I hope this doesn't offend anyone but here goes.... I personally find the "only dopes do dope" and intolerance of marijuana smokers/smoking pathetic.

I guess those people think that legal drugs (alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, and a countless amount of prescription and OTC drugs) are somehow O.k. because the government says so, and marijuana isn't because it is against the law.

To me, it is the law that is broken. Marijuana should not be classed as a narcotic (with cocaine and heroine) as it is now. Many states are in the process of legalizing / decriminalizing it.

Ironically, I find these kinds of people (who say "only dopes do dope" and "you must have mental problems to smoke pot") more of an annoyance than some kid who vandalizes a cache. The kid vandalizing a cache is at least understandable. The intollerance and ignorance of the "educated" adults is not understandable to me.

my 2 cents

I totally aggree with this! when I started smoking I totally believed all the D.A.R.E. stuff I heard as a kid(I started when I was 17 or 18)..I thought if I smoked monsters would come and I would be insane for life. No, what it did was open my mind to the world around me. You know how many great ideas I have come up with while stoned? WAYYYY TOO MANY..I had to start carying around a recorder with me because writing it down was outa of the question. You all remember Shell Silverstein right? If you don't he wrote the book "A Light in the Attic"..Well he was a huge pot head...He even has records where its spoken word stuff where he talks about rolling the fastest joint for a contest..When I was a kid, they would read A Light in the Attic all the time in my school...I just find that funny...Pot can change you life, for the better and for the worse(the worse being where you get bored of it and go on to other drugs...) pot isnt a gateway drug, Air is a gateway drug if you think about....LOL

This cache was getting hit with occasional odd notes from muggles. There is some kind of office 'smoking area' (cigarettes, in this case) which overlooks the area near the cache. Apparantly somebody noticed the caching activity, and took it upon themselves to provide their own notes (some of which were a bit, um, inappropriate, I believe).

The cache owners never archived or moved the cache, and it's still there today. I don't believe the notes are appearing anymore.

This cache was getting hit with occasional odd notes from muggles. There is some kind of office 'smoking area' (cigarettes, in this case) which overlooks the area near the cache. Apparantly somebody noticed the caching activity, and took it upon themselves to provide their own notes (some of which were a bit, um, inappropriate, I believe).

The cache owners never archived or moved the cache, and it's still there today. I don't believe the notes are appearing anymore.

It also makes you think twice about urban caches :D Ah well, they're more fun in the woods anyway

It also makes you think twice about urban caches :D Ah well, they're more fun in the woods anyway

Check out one of my pictures from a cache I recently found. This was in a woods out in the middle of nowhere. Not surprising.

I hid a cache on this beautiful mountain top. It turned out to be the big party spot and the cache was eventually found by the party muggles. They made tons of entries in the log book, which was just a riot. The rangers knew of the cache and would check on it for me periodically. During one of the checks, they found that the party muggles had been leaving pot in the cache as a trade item for a joke (and other muggles would trade for it). Well, the rangers took the cache and contacted me that the cache location was compromised and that I should pick a new spot for the cache. Joani and I were busting up laughing when we finally got the chance to read all the log entries.

It was cool that they (the party muggles) had left the cache there for the geocachers and didn't do anything too weird with it.

It was also cool that the rangers kept a pretty cool head about the whole thing and encouraged us to hide another up there in a slightly different location (which we did).

--Marky

I hid a cache on this beautiful mountain top. It turned out to be the big party spot and the cache was eventually found by the party muggles. They made tons of entries in the log book, which was just a riot. The rangers knew of the cache and would check on it for me periodically. During one of the checks, they found that the party muggles had been leaving pot in the cache as a trade item for a joke (and other muggles would trade for it). Well, the rangers took the cache and contacted me that the cache location was compromised and that I should pick a new spot for the cache. Joani and I were busting up laughing when we finally got the chance to read all the log entries.

It was cool that they (the party muggles) had left the cache there for the geocachers and didn't do anything too weird with it.

It was also cool that the rangers kept a pretty cool head about the whole thing and encouraged us to hide another up there in a slightly different location (which we did).

--Marky

But did the rangers give you a cut of the smoke..?.

stingy bastages..