Great Alaska Cache And Dash

CENT5

Special Alaska packages for the ACD cache are on their way from Northwes and Ladybug Kids!!!  WE want to hunt this cache!

Icing on the cake no doubt. Thanks so much to Ladybug Kids and Northwes for their extrordinary efforts. Saturday promises to be quite a day.

Thus far the following finders of DDD have accepted the challenge to pursue ACD TB #1 on July 9th.

ohjoy!

reino

GeekGirl

Prying Pandora

PlaidGuy

Blac Raven

Mr. Fixit

Landrover

GeoZuk

kingken

and El Santo

See the Mezcal on the right?  Ya'll may need a shot after this one. :unsure:

Hmm... Baxter and I found DDD. I know I will be out of town but still deserve recognition for finishing the excellent adventure. I am rooting for OhJoy! Peace, Nolenator

Edited by nolenator

OH MY GAWD!!!

Ladybug Kids and Northwes have just pulled off a positively remarkable achievment.

I'm sitting here looking at 2005 Alaska Geocoins. 2 Silver and 5 Bronze.

ee6e47fe-ba31-4b90-86fc-8b376bd30525.jpg

The Bronze are AWESOME and the Silver is positively "OVER THE TOP!!!!" Alaska has done themselves proud with this coin.

I think Northwes and I are the only ones to see the finished coins and I consider that a distinct honor. And I'm reasonably sure these will be the 1st to hit the lower 48.

ALL of these coins will be placed or given during the PPPP hunt for ACD TB #1 on Sat the 9th.

The 2005 Alaska Silver #200 wil be FTF along with the ACD TB #1. #199 will be in the mix somewhare.

The 2005 Alaska Bronze will be placed in the WPT's with #'s 1299 and 1300 as STF and TTF prizes in the final.

Saturday is going to ROCK!!!!!!!

Edited by CENT5
[

ALL of these coins will be placed or given during the PPPP hunt for ACD TB #1 on Sat the 9th.

The 2005 Alaska Silver #200 wil be FTF along with the ACD TB #1. #199 will be in the mix somewhare.

The 2005 Alaska Bronze will be placed in the WPT's with #'s 1299 and 1300 as STF and TTF prizes in the final.

Saturday is going to ROCK!!!!!!!

Why did I have to pick that day to start my two week caching and relative visiting trip? ACK!!!

This was one incredible caching experience into a whole new realm of Multi-caches. Cent5 has an incredible imagination and has such a creative mind to think these things up. Not to mention the most generous person I’ve ever met when it comes to geocaching!

I can not believe I was FTF on this excellent adventure. It’s been about 4 hours now and I still feel like a kid on Christmas morning….I can’t help but think I don’t deserve it either. Kind of like buyers remorse.

When the first WP opened it was a mad frenzy for the prized next set of WP’s. I was towards the end of the group to get the coordinates (since I value my appendages) but the first out of the parking lot and headed to #2. I was the first one there and it took me a little longer than I had hoped but found it and moved on to #9. I ran down to it and picked up ACD#9 (which Funny Nose has now) and punched the coordinates in and took off….got to the car…where’s my keys ;) …ran back down to the cache to get my keys . Next I headed over to #3 (Prying Pandora, Marcus, GG were all ready there) and jumped on the rope and climbed the hill only to make everything much harder. I spent about 15 minutes looking in the wrong area. Came out and of course the others were all long gone and LandRover was there. Headed over to #11 were I met up with (PlaidGuy, Marcus and GG) We all copied the coordinates down and I put the laminated coordinates back in and hoped the fence to rehide. Off to #4 now where I met up with Prying Pandora, Marcus and GG. We found the cache passed out the coordinates and I rehid it. For me there was only one logical spot for the final so I got in the suZUKi and headed to #5 expecting to be one of the LTF. After taking the very long run through the area I finally found it and I am the FTF…no this can’t be right…I am shocked!!! I took the 2005 FTF Alaska Silver geocoin and traded Utah geocoin for North Carolina geocoin.

No more than a minute later GlobalGirl and Marcus show up….minute after that PlaidGuy shows up as well.

Great job everyone! I really hope everyone was able to complete this today.

I really can’t thank Cent5 enough for this once in a lifetime opportunity! Thank you just doesn’t do it justice.

geozuk took down ACD TB #1 in a close hunt. (Like about 100ft.} WTG geozuk.

As it stands the members of the Alaska Cache-N-Dash team are:

ACD TB #1: geozuk

ACD TB #1-1 Moun10Bike

ACD Tb #1-2 CENT5

In posession for the drawing:

ACD TB #2 WSGA

ACD TB #3 WSGA

ACD TB #4 CENT5 for andrewrj who helped place ACD TB #14

ACD TB #5 LindaLu

ACD TB #6 El Santo

ACD TB #7 Plaidguy

ACD TB #8 Prying Pandora

ACD TB #9 FunnyNose

ACD TB #10 ohjoy!

ACD TB #11 Blac Raven

ACD TB #12 globalgirl

ACD TB #13 Seabeck Tribe

ACD TB #14---------Skagit Delta Labyrinth-Yes it's still out there folks.

ACD TB #15 belchigator

ACD TB #16 reino

ACD TB #17 GeekGirl

ACD TB #18 Bug-A-Boo

ACD TB #19 MarcusArelius

ACD TB #20 The Jester

ACD TB #21 McLaughlin's Marauders

ACD TB #22 WeightMan

ACD TB #23 LandRover

ACD TB #24 runemtight

ACD TB #25 Terrible Ts

The drawing is still scheduled for the 17th of Aug at 5PM. Sorry, I can't move it. And yes I understand the date/time is REALLY inconvenient. Since most of the ACD TB's are "IN HAND". All holders of ACD TB's will recieve via e-mail instructions for PROXY submission into the drawing. It will involve a picture submitted to me of the submitter with the ACD TB you hold as well as a requirement for a phone call (direct communication) between the proxy submitter and myself. I may require a face to face as I do have certain reservations about some of this.

I had a discussion with andrewrj when we placed ACD TB #14 about drawing a couple of alternates in case one of the winners cannot make the trip.

The ACD TB's are fully transferrable. Always have been. The drawing for a slot on the team is the same. With the exception that it can only be given to another holder of an ACD TB at the time of the drawing.

Any comment/suggestions wil be appreciated.

CENT5,Apr 6 2005, 07:44 AM]As CENTS said, let's play nice here

If I have evidence of inappropriate TB grabbing/holding etc. I WILL disqualify the offending TB's by editing them and planting a big old red DISQUAL on the TB page. =QUOTE]

Now comes the hard part.

As I have been closely monitoring all the ACD TB's and the finders of the ACD TB's I have come to a couple of conclusions which force me to void 2 ACD TB's with a 3rd in the balance.

ACD TB #24 held by runemtight

NEVER logged the cache in which it was found. No finds after 04/05/05 when ACD TB #24 was logged along with ACD Tb #25 which was subsequently released. Joined as a member 28 Feb 05 yet shows 11 total finds dated back to 20 Sep 02.

ACD TB #15 held by belchigator:

NEVER logged the cache in which it was found. Joined the day after ADC TB #15 was placed in the cache and logged the TB the next day. Shows 4 total finds dated back to 29 Dec 01.

The above smack of "Sock Puppet" accounts and are disallowed. Should I identify the actual owners of said accounts (And I have a VERY good idea who it is.) They will also be disallowed from participating in the drawing.

I have multiple request for communication out to the holders of ACD TB #14 with no response to this point. I have serious reservations in regard to this TB also.

ACD TB #18 held by Bug-A-Boo is still a concern of mine. Pending communication with Landrover and Bug-A-Boo I will make a decision as to the allowance of the TB in the drawing.

TB #'s 24 and #15 are summarily disqualified from the drawing and I reserve the right to issue TB's to replace them.

Hey Cent 5 I think you may have made a slight mistake (for the best reasons) about the two TB's you disqualified.

I think, and could be wrong, that you looked at the date of when the cache was placed not when they found it. The date that they found it is the last column on the profile page.

As much as I would love if my chance of winning went up, I it would really suck if people were disqualified for the wrong reasons.

With that said, if there are other reasons, or if you just want them banned that is fine, you are the one running the contest.

Just thought I would point this out. B):blink:

I think, and could be wrong, that you looked at the date of when the cache was placed not when they found it.  The date that they found it is the last column on the profile page.

Good catch you were correct thank-you.

For the time being I am holding with the disqual. Should other information come to light to change my mind then thats fine.

I did get a response from the finders of ACD TB #14. Seem it was quite an adventure. Yes, they are very new to caching. They had made a few finds but apparently were keeping track of them on paper and did not realise they had to be a member to log the caches and the TB.

I dunno how they got an 18' boat in there. But apparently they got hung up on a log coming out.

Edited by CENT5
ACD TB #18 held by Bug-A-Boo is still a concern of mine.  Pending communication with Landrover and Bug-A-Boo I will make a decision as to the allowance of the TB in the drawing.

After some quite excellent communication with LandRover and clarification of the TB #18 held by Bug-A-Boo my issues are satisfactorily resolved. Thanks for clearing it up for me LR. Good Luck!!!

The drawing is still scheduled for the 17th of Aug at 5PM. Sorry, I can't move it. And yes I understand the date/time is REALLY inconvenient. Since most of the ACD TB's are "IN HAND". All holders of ACD TB's will recieve via e-mail instructions for PROXY submission into the drawing. It will involve a picture submitted to me of the submitter with the ACD TB you hold as well as a requirement for a phone call (direct communication) between the proxy submitter and myself. I may require a face to face as I do have certain reservations about some of this.

I probably will be wanting to do some sort of proxy submission, as I am leaving from Sea-Tac that night (17th) for a hiking trip to the Adirondacks. Since I also have to work that day, making an additional trip to be present for the drawing would add to my jet lag! :)

It was great meeting you CENT5 on the Iron Horse Trail!

I too now find that I definitely will be out of town for the drawing festivities - going camping in OR the 15th - 19th. Bummer, as I did so want to be there to see my lucky numero doce drawn as a winner. <_<

So I sent an O-fficial email proxy to CENT5 last week, but - as he's presently holed up in the wilds of the San Juans for a no doubt much needed and well deserved bit of R 'n R, and I believe won't be back til after I leave for OR - I can't be sure he's received my proxy and that it will be included in the drawing on the 17th.

Thus... just wondering if I could avail of the kindly folks here - someone with the highest integrity and the purest of snow-white hearts - to please be sure he knows that I dutifully sent a proxy with pic, etc. to be included in the draw by Miss Melissa.

someone with the highest integrity and the purest of snow-white hearts

Well that eliminates me :rolleyes:

Well o.k. - how 'bout a dingy grey heart?

(geez, try to get a little help here...)

OH, Well if the requirement is only a dingy grey heart you are getting close, now you just have to overcome the questionable integrity part. (there is a trip to Alaska on the line here) :blink::D

Edited by andrewrj
o.k. I give up. Clearly ain't gonna find no "integrity" among this pathetic bunch. Guess I'll just hafta hope the cinco centavo lad gets the email and/or sees my pitful pleas here.

Crossing fingers... :huh:

Hey, I offered to help if CENT5 didn't respond by the time you leave. Give me some credit here, huh

;)

Hey, I offered to help if CENT5 didn't respond by the time you leave.  Give me some credit here, huh

Oh yeah, sorry WM. Leastwise you were willing to give it a go if needed - truly thanks. Truth is, I leave on the morning of the 15th and I think that's the same day CENT5 returns. So I won't be able to absolutely confirm that all's in order before I head into the wilds of OR.

But likely he's got my email and pic, and will check this forum as soon as he returns. So no doubt I'm worrying needlessly. It's just that... as andrewrj says "there IS a trip to Alaska on the line here", yes?. ;)

Has there been a definite date set? The last dates we saw were Sept 20-22 or Sept 27-29.

Dates are likely to remain open. Pending flight loads and weather in ANC/FAI. Basicly our 1st shot is the 20th with a back-up on the 27th. May also extend trip again and return on redeye friday AM. Once again depends on flight loads. So far the 20th looks fine.

I have the following proxies in hand.

GeekGirl

Plaidguy

McLaughlin's Marauders (Mrs. Marauder to attend anyway and welcome)

jimmerbowl

globalgirl

SeabeckTribe

Bug-A-Boo

ElSanto

andrewrj

reino

Possible pending proxies not yet recieved

LindaLu

Should be a nice crowd.

Edited by CENT5

Mrs. Blac Raven suffered serious injury caching this past weekend. (Rolled a quad into a dry creek bed and has broken ribs with other fractures.)

I am placing a proxy for his ACD TB #11 into the drawing.

Should ACD TB #11 be drawn and Blac Raven unable to make the trip I will award the slot as I see fit to another ACD TB holder.

My thoughts and prayers for Mrs. Blac Ravens recovery.

Edited by CENT5

Well thank you for your kind words about my wife. I appreciate them. They said that my wife will probably feel the injuries for about a month. I was planning on doing some things around here. Now I will be doing alot more things around here. So I have been in contact with Hydnsek and she has agreed to take the Acd 11. She will have to proxy on wednesday. I think that this is the only sporting thing to do. I was really looking forward to this, like everyone one else. Also Didnt make the goal of putting 2000 miles by wednesday.

So I wish all you Acd TB holders the best and I will be rooting for everyone of you to win. Of course I will be rooting a little harder for # 11.

This was a lot of fun right from the beginning, Starting with Dead Doll Ditch to Pocket Pool Parlour. Thanks Cent5 for the chance to go to Alaska. I hope who ever gets picked has a great time up there. And please say hi to Mike and the rest of the Ladybug crew.

Cheers

blac Raven

I have recieved the following proxies for the drawing tomorrow:

GeekGirl

Plaidguy

McLaughlin's Marauders (Mrs. Marauder to attend anyway and welcome)

jimmerbowl

globalgirl

SeabeckTribe

Bug-A-Boo

ElSanto (May attend)

andrewrj

reino

Hydensek

LindaLu

Seems the proxies have a slight lead in attendance. Should be fun anyway. Looking forward to it.

Edited by CENT5
So I have been in contact with Hydnsek and she has agreed to take the Acd 11. She will have to proxy on wednesday. I think that this is the only sporting thing to do. I was really looking forward to this, like everyone one else. Also Didnt make the goal of putting 2000 miles by wednesday.

So I wish all you Acd TB holders the best and I will be rooting for everyone of you to win. Of course I will be rooting a little harder for # 11.

Thanks to my good friend Blac Raven for generously giving me ACD #11 in time for the drawing. What a pal! :P:P:P

Yes, I will have to attend by proxy, but here is my photo evidence:

6b8f9d2d-bc3a-48e6-8893-b66f7b49530a.jpg

Good luck to all!