Extreme Slowness

crabtrees

I HAVE DSL SERVICE AND IT IS RUNNING WELL. THE GEOCACHING SITE FOR ME HAS BEEN TERRIBLE. FINALLY, I HAD TO POST----IS MY EXPERIENCE ON MY END ONLY OR ARE OTHERS NOTICING THIS PROBLEM??

i understand that posts in all caps uses more bandwidth, so we should all start posting in lowercase to ease the load on the gc.com servers... :rolleyes:

Ah, for the days of my 24.4k dial-up connection... Today on cable is twice as bad as those days... :rolleyes:

And yes I did enjoy today. Took my daughter on a 5+ mile hike through the woods and up a mountain. Located a cache that took me too long to find. It was an unseasonal sunny and warm day in the great Pacific Northwest. <_<

Edited by 5

Slow here as well. DSL is really crawling tonight. Has to be something wrong somewhere. I have logged on this time on most Sunday nights and never seen it this slow. Could be the folks that are sending the quoted messege that was in all caps. Quotes and ALL CAPS really slows things to a snails pace. I understand that the ASCII characters are twice as big and they must have quotes around them also.

Muddler :huh:

So you're trying to be an elitist too? Personally, I don't like the yelling aspect of all uppercase, and I believe the others were providing a subtle hint to you that it's rude.

On Topic: I didn't notice anything wrong with the access speed of gc.com or the forums.

Edited by TotemLake

There are two topics going in the "Geocaching.com Web Site" forum already. That is really where this discussion belongs. I am going to close out this duplicate topic, especially since the site is getting better on this Monday.

Maybe it was me logging all those caches yesterday! :PB)

bt46p7g_2.gif