Santa Left Me A Gps!!!!

Jeeocacher

Santa got us 2 extra GPSr's today. We had one as a family, now there is one for each person. When I take my son out, his friend can use one, and we can now have our own 200 yard "dash to the cache." :rolleyes:Jeronimo!!!!

My hubby got us a canoe! So now we can get those island caches, too! He said he wanted to hide the canoe in the woods and turn it into a geocache, hiding each paddle first, then the canoe as the final leg in our own little multicache. But he was afraid of theft!

He also got us a new digital camera, as the one I always have used for geocaching was so well-loved it now has to be held together with scotch tape to work, lol.

Santa was good to us this year.

Santa also left me an Etrex Legend under the tree. This is actually my second GPS receiver. The first one was a Magellan attachment for a Palm m500, but unfortunately the Palm died a few months back.

One good thing is I don't have to be paranoid about taking the Legend into the woods, like I was with the Palm.

The Palm/Magellan combo was good for 21 finds (as Team 2-bh), and I hope we have many more finds with the Legend.

I got a Legend :D

Spent christmas day trying to figure out to use it...

Spent the day after locating my first couple of caches...

Spent monday listlessly at work because of the end of the long holiday weekend...

Spent tuesday at my dreary job, while the sun gleamed brightly outside...

I should call in sick tomorrow. :D

;) So I opened the package up and found this pretty thick book with my Magellan Meridian Marine unit. Wow, almost 1/2 inch thick. So I get to reading..... 8 total pages on how to use it in ENGLISH. The rest of the book is in foreign languages. Magellan dropped the ball as far as I am concerned. I had to download the .pdf file from their website and print it out. From there I took it to kinkos and had it spiral bound like a book with clear cover and black plastic back cover. Then I had to do the same for my brother-in-law's Garmin Etrex Vista. These companies make it hard for us newbies to get going using ALL the features of these pricey units. Was anyone else disappointed by this? Edited by joker11

In-laws gave me a Magellan Meridian Platinum -- was totally unexpected. I had been wanted a GPSr for a while, but figured it would be a while since it wasn't an actual NEED. Now that I've started into Geocaching, it is becoming and actual NEED! I was pretty pleased with the gift!