Coming Back Up North!

Kealia

I think Friday night is open for ideas/plans - anybody want to toss something out?

Looks like my flight home won't be until around 7:00PM Saturday so I'll have time to kill after the event as well since it ends at 1:00. Is it snow covered everywhere right now or can I get some caching in?

I think Friday night is open for ideas/plans - anybody want to toss something out?

Looks like my flight home won't be until around 7:00PM Saturday so I'll have time to kill after the event as well since it ends at 1:00. Is it snow covered everywhere right now or can I get some caching in?

Friday is probably out for me as I have plans that will likely take all day. I also have dinner plans Saturday night relating to my other hobby. As to the snow, how low it is on the hills will vary from day to day. Cougar Mtn appears clear at the moment.

Friday is probably out for me as I have plans that will likely take all day. I also have dinner plans Saturday night relating to my other hobby. As to the snow, how low it is on the hills will vary from day to day. Cougar Mtn appears clear at the moment.

No snow at all in the lowlands, and Cougar is snow-free, correct. And there are many nice caches to be found there if'n you want a nearby hike. :rolleyes:

How about the Purple Cafe and Wine Bar in Kirkland? Great spot, although if we get too many folks, we might need to go elsewhere.

What time would be good for you, kealia? And who can join us?

Purple Cafe

323 Park Place

Kirkland, WA 98033

P 425-828-3772

I think you're trying to avoid me. :rolleyes:

Latest update:

After my meetings end on Friday (3:30) or so I'm going to visit the Lackeys for a bit. Then I'm free for dinner. Given what I know about Seattle traffic I'm guessing 6:00 sounds right for dinner.

Hydnsek - I'm more of a beer guy. Is there a brewery nearby? If everybody else prefers the wine bar I'll be happy to meet there, it just wouldn't be my first choice. Again, since I'm a guest I don't want to be trouble, though.

Criminal - are you kidding? All my trips up there and we still can't meet up? The good news is that it looks like my business up there is picking up again so my trips should become more frequent again so there should be more opportunity.

I loved Cougar Mtn (and the other two nearby) when I did some caches there last time, but I've had to adjust my flight home to 2:30 on Saturday to take care of some things back home so post-event caching is out.

Latest update:

After my meetings end on Friday (3:30) or so I'm going to visit the Lackeys for a bit. Then I'm free for dinner. Given what I know about Seattle traffic I'm guessing 6:00 sounds right for dinner.

Hydnsek - I'm more of a beer guy. Is there a brewery nearby? If everybody else prefers the wine bar I'll be happy to meet there, it just wouldn't be my first choice. Again, since I'm a guest I don't want to be trouble, though.

I'm sure there is, but I'm not a beer girl. I betcha some folks on here would be glad to recommend a spot, tho - do you prefer Seattle or East Side? I know a couple Seattle brewpubs, but not good with the East Side. Depends on where you want to land for the evening.

Criminal - are you kidding? All my trips up there and we still can't meet up? The good news is that it looks like my business up there is picking up again so my trips should become more frequent again so there should be more opportunity.

Well then bring your snowshoes and join us on the HOM. Seriously, (hold hands out like a balance scale) go stand around in the city and listen to a dull presentation vs a snowshoe romp in the beautiful snowy forest....

Yeah, bring your snowshoes. :D

Yeah, bring your snowshoes. :D

Dude, this is California. We have thin blood and Tevas.

Dude, let me tell you, your blood will thicken and you can wear wool socks with your Tevas and eventually graduate to Keens. :drama:

As far as going shoeing with Criminal, be sure to avoid the "snow-crack special"...! :drama:

To Crim: you can delete it, but I still saw it :drama: .. :drama:

So....one vote for RedHook. Anybody else that go meet up that night care to voice an opinion? It's still a few days out, but I figure the sooner I can lock down details the better of you guys will be in terms of making plans.

Looking forward to the visit - even though I can't manage a hike this time. :unsure:

So....one vote for RedHook. Anybody else that go meet up that night care to voice an opinion? It's still a few days out, but I figure the sooner I can lock down details the better of you guys will be in terms of making plans.

Looking forward to the visit - even though I can't manage a hike this time. :unsure:

I'm good with Redhook. It's just over the hill from me. I'll probably end up drinking iced tea though due to my diet.

I'm good with Redhook. It's just over the hill from me. I'll probably end up drinking iced tea though due to my diet.

You forgot to add the :unsure: , TL! If my diet and time will allow, I am good with the Redhook choice as well. I also guarantee my diet (speaking on it's behalf) will agree :blink: . Time is the issue, on whether I will be back from a work trip to KC or not by then.

You forgot to add the B) , TL! If my diet and time will allow, I am good with the Redhook choice as well. I also guarantee my diet (speaking on it's behalf) will agree B) . Time is the issue, on whether I will be back from a work trip to KC or not by then.

I can't frown on a loss of 14 lbs in 2 weeks. And that's just the beginning of a 90 day program! I'm pretty excited by it. It's almost a 2 size drop for me. I have another 65 lbs to go. I have some hiking goals in mind before my next birthday in September.

Redhook works for me, as well. Kealia, what time works for you to meet up there?

I'll rely on you guys to tell me. My meetings are done around 3:30 in Bellevue (right near 405/90) and then I'm heading to Groundspeak to chat with a few folks for an hour or so. So imagine me trying to leave their offices around 5:00PM and heading to the brewery.

Considering Seattle traffic, that puts me there - what 9:00PM? B)

Seriously, what do you guys think? You know the local traffic - 6:00 - 6:30?

OK, how about this:

6:30 pm

Redhook Brewery

14300 NE 145th St

Woodinville 98072

Who's in?

I'm in. ;)

Do we need to make reservations? I would assume that Friday night at a brewery is needed, but I'm just speculating.

Good question, but I hope we don't, cos I'm not making any. So far only a few folks have said they're coming, so we should all fit at one regular table.

kealia

TotemLake

AndrewRJ

hydnsek

Jester (maybe)

lucyandrickie (offline confirmation)

Fair enough. I'll take a look at this thread in the morning (the last time I'll be online until dinner tomorrow) to see if more people raise their hands and say they are coming.

See you tomorrow night.

If there's a dramatic change in plans and I need to be contacted, my cell phone is: 831-295-2025

- Ron

Heads up: Looks like I should be up there in about a month or so. My clients is asking for a meeting either the first or second week in July so I'm going to keep this thread updated as to my plans.

I will be making this a 2-day trip (1 for meetings, 1 for caching) but I don't know dates yet or whether I can schedule it to include a Saturday just yet.

I'm going to start looking around for a good hike, or some interesting caches.

coreynjoey suggested Ring Of Fire when I saw them at GW6 and it looks interesting along with the waterfall cache nearby (I can't recall the name now).

I'm also going to look and see what other Fizzy Squares I might be able to accomplish while up there as it looks like Tiger Mtn would give me a 4.5T/1.5D which I have a hard time finding at home.

Also looking at Snoqualamie Falls. Too many choices...

On my last visit, I got to Waymark the Red Hook Pub so I wouldn't mind adding another Waymark in that category either. I typically don't Waymark, but that was a category I can get behind!

More to come.

Edited by Kealia

If you can put them off a week you might be able to swing coming down for Champoeg. That would be worth a few extra days and a drive south.

I'm planning a hike in July to redeem myself on this cache. Saturday or Sunday works best and this will be an all day hike. I typically go after the nearby caches first, but I've already hit them. I would be willing to stop at them on the way back.

If you can put them off a week you might be able to swing coming down for Champoeg. That would be worth a few extra days and a drive south.

I'm planning a hike in July to redeem myself on this cache. Saturday or Sunday works best and this will be an all day hike. I typically go after the nearby caches first, but I've already hit them. I would be willing to stop at them on the way back.

Hmmm, that looks interesting. And only one finder so far (ok, a pair). <_<

Looks like my meeting will be on July 8th. I'm going to come in either Sunday night or Monday morning (6th or 7th) so I can spend the 7th doing some caching.

Just saw that there is snow over Snoqualamie pass - what's up with that in June?? It's going be 93 here today!

Can anybody give me an estimate of how long it tkaes to get from Bellevue to the Snoqualamie Falls area?

Thanks!

Looks like my meeting will be on July 8th. I'm going to come in either Sunday night or Monday morning (6th or 7th) so I can spend the 7th doing some caching.

Just saw that there is snow over Snoqualamie pass - what's up with that in June?? It's going be 93 here today!

Can anybody give me an estimate of how long it tkaes to get from Bellevue to the Snoqualamie Falls area?

Thanks!

depends on traffic, but about 30 minutes without traffic.

It will take the longest just getting to I-90 from Bellevue.

Thanks!

depends on traffic, but about 30 minutes without traffic.

It will take the longest just getting to I-90 from Bellevue.

If you expect to make it from I-90 and Bellevue Way in 30 minutes, better have your radar detector handy. Depending on traffic, I would make it closer to 50-60 minutes. Milepost Zero is I-5 and I-90. What is the exit at the pass? That will give you a clue as to the distance.

I won't be able to make these dates as I have relatives visiting then.