Coming Back Up North!

Kealia

I'll be in Bellevue at the Doubletree on 112th.

I'm open to whatever. The only thing that COULD screw it up is that I've invited my clients out to dinner Wed night after our meeting - tehy typically don't come out (prefer to get home after work, can you blame them?) so that's why I'm working on this back up plan! :unsure:

Ok, cancel all plans.

My client just confirmed that they ARE going to make dinner Wed night so it looks like there will be zero caching-related activities for me on this trip (sigh).

Sorry for the false alarm guys - next time......

WOW! Been WAAAAYYY too long between trips but.....

I'm coming up again on the 22nd (Monday) for work. I'll also be bringing Hula Bum along (my better half, trust me). It's a work trip of course, but I think we're going to sneak some fun in.

If I don't do a client dinner Monday night, I think I'm going to take her out to a nice dinner Monday night, but I think we'll have Tuesday morning for caching.

She'd like to poke around Kirkland in the afternoon before our flight home (probably 5:00) so I'm thinking about a couple of miles Tuesday morning. We'll be staying in Seattle/Bellevue/Issaqquah (sp?) so looking for company Tuesday morning for caching.

Sorry it's always on work days :P .

Would like to do the APE cache (seems like all of us CA folks are invading lately for that one, eh?) - but not sure if time allows for that one.

Suggestions?

Who can make it?

I'm coming up again on the 22nd (Monday) for work. I'll also be bringing Hula Bum along (my better half, trust me). It's a work trip of course, but I think we're going to sneak some fun in.

If I don't do a client dinner Monday night, I think I'm going to take her out to a nice dinner Monday night, but I think we'll have Tuesday morning for caching.

She'd like to poke around Kirkland in the afternoon before our flight home (probably 5:00) so I'm thinking about a couple of miles Tuesday morning. We'll be staying in Seattle/Bellevue/Issaqquah (sp?) so looking for company Tuesday morning for caching.

Would like to do the APE cache (seems like all of us CA folks are invading lately for that one, eh?) - but not sure if time allows for that one.

Suggestions?

Who can make it?

Wow, you hit the right day for me - the morning I head out on vacation! Depending on what you decide to do, I could delay my departure a few hours.

Suggestions?

Who can make it?

Bring your hiking pack, your ten-mile boots, and send me an email.

:lol:

Suggestions?

Who can make it?

If you only want to do a couple of miles then APE is out. That is about 5-6 miles give or take. The tunnel itself is 2.3 each way.

I am available that day as far as I can tell right now. No suggestions at the moment.

Wow, quiet this time around - bad day for people or did I burn my bridges last time up there?  :D

I've found that a lot of people are very busy this summer. I havn't cached as much as I'd have liked and havn't attended any of the events, real or otherwise, cause of that. Tuesdays are hard for me anyway. The Friday you were up last time worked out best. Maybe next time.

Wow, quiet this time around - bad day for people or did I burn my bridges last time up there? :huh:

Would it help to say that I'll probably drop a Santa Cruz coin or two? :(

Hey, I'm still up for it, even though I did get a Santa Cruz coin elsewhere after you rejected my pleas. ;)

Most of the ideas folks have suggested are ones I've already done, and since I was planning to leave that morning on vacation, I'd prefer to do ones I haven't gotten yet. Yeah, yeah, so what's my recommendation then.... ;) I'll toss out Mt Si or Rattlesnake - two climbing hikes in the North Bend area with good scenery and caches to be grabbed. Not sure how long the round trip would be, since you have a time constraint - the locals who've done them can probably tell us.

Or Pocket Pool Parlor if you want to do some driving around the Burien/White Center area, but that could take 4-5 hours to complete.

I think 4-5 hours might be a bit much given that I promised to take her around Kirkland in the afternoon. Can't spend the whole day caching (like I do when I'm solo).

Hey, I'm still up for it, even though I did get a Santa Cruz coin elsewhere after you rejected my pleas. :lol:

I missed this the first time around, sorry :P .

I recall trading emails for a while and trying to make something work.....I must have then lost track of our talks - my sincere apologies.

I'll bring something to make up for it. :P

Hey, I'm still up for it, even though I did get a Santa Cruz coin elsewhere after you rejected my pleas.  :)

I missed this the first time around, sorry :) .

I recall trading emails for a while and trying to make something work.....I must have then lost track of our talks - my sincere apologies.

I'll bring something to make up for it. :)

I was just joshin' ya.... thanks to jcar, i have one to remind me of my former home. :)

So, made any decisions yet on what you'd like to do. I again suggest Dead Doll Ditch, which is supposed to be worth traveling for.

Sounds interesting to me....I'll talk it over with Hula Bum when she gets back in town on Thursday.

Anybody else around?

Moun10Bike?

TotemLake?

MarkusArelius?

Jester?

Bueller? Ferris Bueller?

All kidding aside, I know it's a Tuesday so I don't expect many to be available this time around. Just let me know you saw this so I know I don't need to ping you offline to see if you're around.

Sorry for not poking my head in sooner, Ron - we recently got back from vacation and I have been pretty much heads-down (and out of the forums) since trying to catch up!

I'd love to join in, but I don't think I'll be able; we have the WSGA Summer Campout coming up this weekend and that will cause be to miss some time from work. With all of the other events and vacation we've had, I just won't be able to swing it!

The mid-week day was the killer for me.

Hey but I just realised that is the first week of my vacation. Cool.

Hmmm, burned bridges... Nope can't do that one they tore it down.

I've done most of the Bellevue caches but Seattle has re-populated since I last cleaned it out. And I'm always up for the I-90 corridor.

Edited by MarcusArelius
Sounds interesting to me....I'll talk it over with Hula Bum when she gets back in town on Thursday.

Anybody else around?

Moun10Bike?

TotemLake?

MarkusArelius?

Jester?

Bueller? Ferris Bueller?

All kidding aside, I know it's a Tuesday so I don't expect many to be available this time around. Just let me know you saw this so I know I don't need to ping you offline to see if you're around.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as M10B with the added twist I have to regain the trust of my better half after my hiking episode back in May.

Understood :lol: .

Just wanted to show off the better half and prove that somebody out there did actually marry me! :o

She's actually really interested in the APE cache; oddly enough she doesn't like the dark - go figure... :rolleyes:

Still taking in all options, though and will review them with her when she gets back in town.

Hopefully my trip[s will pick up again and I can at least make a Friday if not a w/e soon.

Understood :lol: .

Just wanted to show off the better half and prove that somebody out there did actually marry me! :o

She's actually really interested in the APE cache; oddly enough she doesn't like the dark - go figure... :rolleyes:

Still taking in all options, though and will review them with her when she gets back in town.

Hopefully my trip[s will pick up again and I can at least make a Friday if not a w/e soon.

One option for the Ape cache is to park one car at Asahel Curtis and then start at the tunnel. After doing Tunnel of Light continue on westward on the Iron Horse trail and then down the Annette Lake trail to Asahel Curtis. It would cut out doing the tunnel twice. It might actually be a bit shorter that way too. Asahel Curtis does require a NW Nature Pass for parking.

OK, Hula Bum is back in town and it sounds like we're going to do the Project APE cache on Tuesday morning. The alure of the new icon plus the cool factor of the L-O-N-G tunnel is just too much to pass up. PLus, I've wanted to do this one for a while but my last few visits have had it buried under snow....

So, anybody is welcome to join us for the hike (whether you've found it or not). I think we're planning a tentative 9:00am start from the trailhead.

Thanks for the suggestions and offers for other caches. This is just the one we really want to do this time around.

OK, Hula Bum is back in town and it sounds like we're going to do the Project APE cache on Tuesday morning. The alure of the new icon plus the cool factor of the L-O-N-G tunnel is just too much to pass up. PLus, I've wanted to do this one for a while but my last few visits have had it buried under snow....

So, anybody is welcome to join us for the hike (whether you've found it or not). I think we're planning a tentative 9:00am start from the trailhead.

Thanks for the suggestions and offers for other caches. This is just the one we really want to do this time around.

You'll be glad you chose the tunnel/ape. It's an unforgettable must-do. Have fun!