Geocacher Demographics

There was a survey done a couple years back and the median age came out to 38 for geocachers. Ancedotally it seems to be the same today, so no one aged. Yay!

I was 28 when I started. I'll be 32 next month in case someone wants to get me an iPodPhoto :mad:

Sorry Jeremy... Waaay out of my price range! lol.

<-- is 21.

I'm fairly new to geochaching, but I'm already hooked. I have read a lot of forum posts and other things on the GC.com site looking for info and tips for begginers. I noticed that it seems there are a lot of older cachers and families with kids, but I have seen very few cachers in the 20s age range. Being in this age group myself I was curious if there are many college age cachers. If I'm the only one it wouldn't bother me. I'm used to being an independant guy anyway. :lol:

I'm 20 right now and attending college as well. I was turned on to caching by a 50 something, but when I've attended caching events I've seen kids our age!

I'm very curious as to the demographics of geocachers in the United States, so I thought I could get a cross-section in the forums. Could I get an age, sex (and no "yes, please!" answers to this one, children!), race, and (feel free to leave this next one off if you don't care to answer, I'd fully understand) religious affiliation from you folks. this is not for any kind of research, just my inquiring mind!