Astronomy Themed Caches

Mosaica

I've tried some various keyword searches and come up with several, a few of which I've been able to do, and I'm interested in any others.

The ones I've found listed are:

Starry, Starry Night (GC68FE)

Cache on the Moon (GCHM43)

Astronomical Trigonometry (GCGX5F)

I placed my first cache recently, and it's a little influenced by astronomy as well:

Charlie is messier! (GCKTM6)

Do you know of any nifty astronomy-themed caches? Share!

../Mosaica

We used to have a series of night caches around here based on different constellations. You would walk to the posted coordinates and find a tree with 4 of those reflective dots in it (one on each side). From there you would shine your light and find the trail that would eventually lead you to a tree with reflective dots in the pattern of a constellation (Andromeda, Big Dipper, Cassiopea). Very cool caches to find.

Bret

There are seven of these in Maryland, but I've yet to do one. Solar SystemTour by Indy-Md:

"The size of the Solar System has been scaled down to fit within the borders of Maryland, and the individual ‘planet’ caches have been spaced out accordingly. The scale is 1 Astronomical Unit (average distance between Earth and the Sun, or 93,000,000 miles) equivalent to 3.5 miles. The tour starts with the nearest star to our planet: the Sun. If you do the tour, mark the cache locations on a map of Maryland and see just how vast the Solar System really is. This will hopefully give you a feel for why it takes so long for spacecraft to travel from Earth to anywhere in our Solar System."