I Hid A Cache, They Havent Activted Its Been 72hr

Sometimes it takes a little while depending on how busy the approver are with 'normal life'. If you have other caches approved nearby, look at who approved them and send that person an e-mail letting them know you are going out of town. That might help your cause. Good Luck.

I recentley hid a micro cache, and they havent activated it yet, its been 72 hours and I still havent heard anything, could some one help me out. The cache Waypoint is GCKR76 Near the Church. please help me. I going out of town on thursday moring, and I need it activated by tomorrow.

Why does it HAVE to be approved before you go. It will get approved when it happens. The site has been having some problems the last few days and I am sure it has been affecting the reviewers ability to preform their duties just as it keeps some people from creating new caches. This is a game, relax, no one will die if its a few days late.

For the people who did not have a smart remark, FOR THE PEOPLE WITH SMART REMARKS, WOW YOU SURE HELPED ME A WHOLE LOT

JUST BECAUSE I HAVENT UPDATED MEMBERSHIP, DOESNT MEAN IM STILL A GREENHORN, I KNOW ITS A GAME BUT IF I WANT A SMART REMARK, I WILL ASK A SMARK ELLICK.

Uh-Oh, someones got a temper. :lol:

TH if you want more understanding answeres from us, then you need to give us more information. For example, do you need to have it be approved before you leave because the first to find prize is a back massage and you need to be home to give it? Or will you supply the cache with $100 bill as soon as it is approved for the ftf? Otherwise it is hard to see what difference it makes if it is approved now or in two days.

I don't think that anyone was trying to be mean or look down on you at any time during this post.

You have to realize though that each and every cache is given personal attention by a volunteer. These volunteers read through your cache page, check to make sure everything sounds good, and then they check the coordinates on several different maps just to make sure that it's location is not a conflict of interest.

All in all, an approver can spend between 5-30 minutes on one single cache, and more time can be involved for the approver if email needs to be exchanged with the hider.

With the site's recent technical glitches, caches have been submitted, but approvers have not been able to get to them, and so the line just gets longer and longer.

Your local approver may have several hundred caches that he needs to deal with right now, and he needs to give each one of those cache pages a careful examination.

You also have to realize that most approvers are real people, just like you and me. They are volunteers, and so they're not paid and they have no set office hours. The approvers get stuff done whenever they can. One approver I know has told me that on many occasions, he simply has a "working lunch" where he eats and approves caches during his lunch break from work.

I'm sorry that your cache is taking so long to get approved. I too know the anticipation of having your first cache hide approved. A day or two can seem like such an amazingly long amount of time.

But eventually I sat back and calmed down and my cache was approved after a day or two, which is a pretty good time for an area as busy as mine.

So just sit back and realize that your cache will be approved eventually, you just have to be patient, because all good things take time.

And be sure to send a nice email to your approver thanking him for his service to the geocaching community and dedicating his free time to allowing this great sport to become even greater...

.......You have to realize though that each and every cache is given personal attention by a volunteer. .........

.......And be sure to send a nice email to your approver thanking him for his service .....

Very good, Young Grasshopper. You have been taught well.

For the people who did not have a smart remark, FOR THE PEOPLE WITH SMART REMARKS, WOW YOU SURE HELPED ME A WHOLE LOT

JUST BECAUSE I HAVENT UPDATED MEMBERSHIP, DOESNT MEAN IM STILL A GREENHORN, I KNOW ITS A GAME BUT IF I WANT A SMART REMARK, I WILL ASK A SMARK ELLICK.

Easy there my friend. No one is giving you a hard time. The reviewers are busy. It just takes time....

Please don't get angry... :lol:

Need.

This can happen for a bunch of reasons. Marriage proposal. Promises made to a kindergarden class, or maybe they will just rest easier knowing it's approved before their trip. They could of also made plans based on this "expect to see your cache approved within 24-48 hours." Blissfully ignorant of the fact that it can take longer because a cache will get approved when it gets approved.

Maybe we should start tipping approvers. They are volunteers after all. Would it help everyone have less heartburn over the word need if we did? Should approvers be added until caches are normally approved within that time frame? Or should the time frame be adjusted to capure approving when they are approved most of the time?

Tough questions were brought up in this thread.

For the people who did not have a smart remark,      FOR THE PEOPLE WITH SMART REMARKS, WOW YOU SURE HELPED ME A WHOLE LOT

Ask me what?

That's AWESOME! :lol:

For the people who did not have a smart remark,      FOR THE PEOPLE WITH SMART REMARKS, WOW YOU SURE HELPED ME A WHOLE LOT

Ask me what?

BWAHAHAHA !!! That's too funny, hehehe.

PS-I'm not laughing at you treasure_hunter, hopefully I'm laughing with you ...

Check the cache page...

All things have become apparent.

Well, it's at least apparent that there seems to be a religious agenda that would seem to go against the guidelines. It's apparent the linked website was designed in 1996, and is trying to hypnotize me with that animated cross.

It's still not apparent why it needed to be approved by a certain date.

I might be missing it though, I can't seem to take my eyes off this cross.

Edited by Mopar
Check the cache page...

All things have become apparent.

Well, it's at least apparent that there seems to be a religious agenda that would seem to go against the guidelines. It's apparent the linked website was designed in 1996, and is trying to hypnotize me with that animated cross.

It's still not apparent why it needed to be approved by a certain date.

I might be missing it though, I can't seem to take my eyes off this cross.

Ya, what MOPAR said.

Except the bit about the cross, which I can ignore.

OOKKAAYY! It's approved. Happy Now? I am. But....

I don't really like having anything jammed at me, especially religion. :D

Thanks for showing me this cache. :(

It's just a game! :lol:

Nah I'm going to self edit any more coments, before this turn into another type of discussion. Since the OP's issue has been resolved maybe this topic should get locked? I doubt it will be allowed to just drift to page two soon..... :D

I don't care if it rains of freezes

'Long as I got my Plastic Jesus

Riding on the dashboard of my car.

Through my trials and tribulations

And my travels through the nations

With my Plastic Jesus I'll go far.

Plastic Jesus! Plastic Jesus,

Riding on the dashboard of my car

I'm afraid He'll have to go.

His magnets ruin my radio

And if I have a wreck He'll leave a scar.

Riding down a thoroughfare

With His nose up in the air,

A wreck may be ahead, but He don't mind.

Trouble coming He don't see,

He just keeps His eye on me

And any other thing that lies behind.

Plastic Jesus! Plastic Jesus,

Riding on the dashboard of my car ...

If you want to sing along, the rest of the lyrics are here.

The link on the cache page is TOTALLY unecessary. If I want religion I know where to get it.

The link on the cache page is TOTALLY unecessary.  If I want religion I know where to get it.

I agree with Planet. If I want religion I'll read the tracts I find in caches. I generally trade for them with NC Sweet Potato tracts; the official state vegetable. The breownie recipe is to die for. :lol: Since this cache has been brought to our virtual attention, I'll just give the link. :blink: