How Do You Prononuce Ammo Box?

so now they're wondering why there's all this new traffic on their server using the text "ammo box".

Shucks! I didn't even THINK of doing that! I was to busy giving the Scottish chick nasty things to say to me. <_<

ooh, i hadn't THOUGHT of that... i think i have a new hobby.

If someone had a differant version of this than I have, you could involve it in a puzzle. I may just do that with one of my puzzles. Give the finders the option of downloading the story in WAV format? It won't help them, but it would be fun to listen to three versions of some stupid story and 50 pronunciations of Ammo Box.

The pronunciation changes with whether I can find the darn thing or not.  If not, I can't post here what I call it...

But according to a log of yours I read not long ago, your mother told you not to say those words.

If The Jester swears in the woods, with no one to hear him, does his mother know?

Actually, I seldom talk outloud to myself, BUT the internal comments... (not always directed at the container, often at the hider). Just think of what I was saying about you WM... <_<:)

Let's ask the Valley Girl, shall we? Or maybe the Scottish Male?

Ever since installing an Auto Dialer ( I know, I'm evil, but we only dial numbers of people who owe our clients) I've defaulted to our Text to Speech Software for pronunciation. Aparently Valley Girls like AM-oh Bocks-sesses.

Rhetorical Software

OK. How many of you tried to write a bad word in the field? No? Me either. <_<

hi,

Now say the words very carefully, lest ye unleash a torrent of evil spirits

He doesn't say the words correctly ("Clatu Barrada Numphhhurummph"), and the evil spirits open up a can of evil-deadness on the locals.

nga

Sorry but being English it should be

" A Box for Ammunition" or Ammunition Box"

Take your pick.

Why try to be economical with my language??? <_<

Oh! Who's Language!

English is a member of the Indo-European family of languages. This broad family includes most of the European languages spoken today. The Indo-European family includes several major branches:

Latin and the modern Romance languages;

The Germanic languages;

The Indo-Iranian languages, including Hindi and Sanskrit;

The Slavic languages;

The Baltic languages of Latvian and Lithuanian (but not Estonian);

Greek. and

The Celtic languages :)

From the 2nd evil dead movie... :)

Actually it's from the 3rd Evil Dead movie: Army of Darkness. A little trivia bite:

The magic words Ash must use to claim the Book of the Dead are "Clatto Verata Nicto" - a reference to "Klaatu, Barada, Nikto", the words used to command the robot Gort in Day the Earth Stood Still, The (1951).

I think the funniest part was when Ash said Klaatu Verata Necktie. <_<

Edited by Divine

Dont make me come pahk my cah ovah at your house and shove a lobstah up your ***.

well said. i do not like florida. i do not like it one bit. too dadgum much sun. too warm. palm trees are funny looking.

yet i do not suggest violence when faced with persons who reside there.

and i'd like to tactfully suggest that some of you turn your irony detectors ON. enough is enough people! we have been giggling mercilessly at the expense of these poor irony-challenged people for long enough. at some point we have to start being charitable.

ther's nothing left to see here. move along.

OK everyone, thanks for your input. I've decided to continue calling them Ah-Moo Books and if I'm the laughingstock at the next cache event (again), so be it.

Now I'm locking this before Co Admin beats me to it. You can continue the discussion in AS.