California Geocoins

Delta-S

Here's the updated list of who has paid and who i'm waiting for.

Order List

For those who missed the above comment and have sent money...i will contact the vendor on monday and arrange for a larger order so that i can include yours. please be patient....

if you are interested in ordering coins....please send an email stating how many you want and i will let you know if i have enough coins for your order.

Folks, I sincerely apologize for my lack of follow-through with the order of the California Trackable Wooden Nickels. My newborn baby became extremely ill and was int eh hospital for over a month. Needless to say, the nickels took a backseat.

I will be contacting the nickel company today for exact pricing, and I'll post back here once I figure out how much each nickel is going to cost. (Trust me, they'll be dirt cheap).

Ok, I certainly didn't expect these to be this cheap.. At a minimum order of 2000 (I can order more if demand is higher), each trackable wooden nickel will cost roughly $ 0.31 a piece! :D:) It would be a tad cheaper, but shipping these isn't as cheap as it apparently used to be. If more than 2000 nickels are demanded, the price per nickel from the manufacturer drops slightly.

I will begin accepting orders immediately at $ .31 (that's 31 cents) a peice for each trackable wooden nickel. Once I've received enough orders to meet the 2000, I will begin collecting the payments from each person neccesary to process the order for the company making these.

To place a preliminary order, please complete the "form" below and email or fax it to me. If neccesary, I will take orders via mail. PM me for an address if that's the case for you:

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE A PRELIMINARY ORDER UNLESS YOU SERIOUSLY INTEND TO FOLLOW-THROUGH WITH A PURCHASE. Doing so makes it difficult for everyone else in the long run. :D

Last Name:

First Name:

Shipping Address:

Contact Ph # (optional):

Contact Email:

# of Nickels I'd Like ($.31 cents each):

Email or Fax this completed form to: markrmccoy@gmail.com with the phrase "Wooden Nickel Order" in the subject line, or fax it to me at 206-350-6279.

Mark, I hope things are going well with the kid now! That's a pretty rough deal and you have my sympathies.

I was just about to email you an order for the nickels when I realized that I have no idea what these things will look like. Is there a final design or something you could post?

I sincerely apologize for not posting the pictures.. It just slipped my mind. Thanks for the comments about my baby. She's improved 110% now.

Here's the nickels in larger size, and then again in smaller size to give you an idea of what we are looking at (not to scale obviously, just an idea of size):

FRONT

nickelfrontfinal.jpgnickelfrontfinal_small.jpg

BACK

nickelbackfinalb.jpgnickelbackfinalb_small.jpg

I'll take 500. I like to watch these things move around, and with more out there, they will be more likely to be moved than kept. Note that our coin club (Bay Area Coin Club) may do a bulk purchase, which will include my order of 500 (if this will help shipping, etc.).

--Marky

Ok folks, I've received a plethora of orders ranging from 10 nickels to 500. Thankfully we are able to process this order faster than originally thought at the $ .31 price. Your order includes shipping. I'll be taking preliminary orders until 9:30am tommorrow PST for batch I. After 9:30am tommorrow I will switch from "preliminary" to "payment," and you'll each be receiving an email with an invoice and instructions to process payment for your order of wooden nickels.

EDIT: Yes, I will be accepting PayPal and Cashier's Checks or Money Orders. No personal checks, and please no hard cash unless you are comfortable waiving the liability of actually sending hard cash through the mail system. I will begin accepting payments tommorrow.

Edited by acPilot

Ok folks, invoices have gone out to everyone who wanted a Wooden Nickel. Orders are still being taken, so if you are interested in placing your order before Batch I goes to press, please follow the instructions in my post above.

If you placed and order and did not receive a confirmation or invoice email, please get with me ASAP as your order will not be processed unless it has been confirmed. Thanks! :laughing:

Ok folks, this is a last chance opportunity to place an order for California Trackable Wooden Nickels. If you are interested and didn't get a chance to place an order, please send me an email to: markrmccoy@gmail.com Otherwise you'll have to wait until BAtch II is processed, and at the moment I am unsure as to when that will exactly be.

Thanks!

Are there issues with the tracking site?

Someone just logged an ownership note of a (?new) coin with the same number(0823) as one of my "original" CA coins which I registered on the site last year. I got an email about it (presumably because all my coins are on my "watchlist"?), so I went to check and the history for my coin is also intact as idnum=823.

Ironically it's a coin I just placed in a cache yesterday.

Someone just logged an ownership note of a (?new) coin with the same number(0823) as one of my "original" CA coins which I registered on the site last year. I got an email about it (presumably because all my coins are on my "watchlist"?), so I went to check and the history for my coin is also intact as idnum=823.

I'm seeing the same thing. Last year, I registered 2004 coin # 0321. Now I see another coin #0321 registered to another person. When my coin was recently found, it was logged under the other #0321.

What's going on???

I'm seeing the same thing. Last year, I registered 2004 coin # 0321. Now I see another coin #0321 registered to another person. When my coin was recently found, it was logged under the other #0321.

What's going on???

This years coins have the number CA5xxxx perhaps the peoplwe are not using the prefix. I have my coins but have not dropped any in caches yet nor have I registered them. :o

What's going on???

This years coins have the number CA5xxxx perhaps the peoplwe are not using the prefix. I have my coins but have not dropped any in caches yet nor have I registered them. :o

I think the problem may be with the tracking site. When I enter one of my coin numbers here:

http://calif.geocoin.net/track/

The pages comes up saying no owner for the coin exists.

If I go to the search page:

http://calif.geocoin.net/track/search.php

and search for the coins registered to me, the coin history is listed correctly.

I think the problem may be with the tracking site.

Yes, most likely this has something to do with the changes I made regarding the alpha numeric IDs. :anicute:

I'll try and figure out what is going on.

--Marky

Okay, I think it is fixed. The leading zero(s) I was putting on numeric IDs wasn't jiving with the new database definition for the ID. I've (hopefully) removed all the leading zero stuff and it seems to be working now.

Note: For the new ID numbers, make sure you enter all the digits (i.e. CA0123 and CA123 are two different IDs).

--Marky

Spent some time on saturday with Devhead and Family, Fishin Jack, and the whole Dillon Gang stuffing envelopes. Added some geocoin info cards and envelopes into the mix.

Spent an hour today getting to know the US Postal Service employees here in San Diego. They said any longer and I'd have to don a blue shirt and work the counter with them. Check out the following link to see whose coins are on the way. Watch a mailbox near you for the coins.

Geocoin Mailed List

Small correction:

bob & 3 bears and John and Jess are not getting coins mailed to them...they are picking them up (i think)

okay...there are a few more...forgot to delete those who are picking up in san diego. your coins are bagged and there will be a pickup this weekend. (hopefully sunday)

Edited by The Dillon Gang
Spent some time on saturday with Devhead and Family, Fishin Jack, and the whole Dillon Gang stuffing envelopes. Added some geocoin info cards and envelopes into the mix.

Spent an hour today getting to know the US Postal Service employees here in San Diego. They said any longer and I'd have to don a blue shirt and work the counter with them. Check out the following link to see whose coins are on the way. Watch a mailbox near you for the coins.

Geocoin Mailed List

Thanks Steve for all the hard work you did, and thank you to all who helped get them out. I will be looking forward to finding them in my mailbox. :)B)B)