Geo Bikes

I like seeing the classics pictured. The 68 Lemon Peeler, The Raleigh Twenty, The Raleigh Chopper and even the new Schwinn Classic Cruiser. My ride is a 1941 Schwinn DX that I originally customized to use at swap meets with 15 speeds, disc brakes, spring fork, Brooks leather saddle, and aluminum rims. It should make a good Geocaching cruiser...

30f6b95d-efc2-4876-84e7-c02a07f08422.jpg

The handlebar mount holds the SporTrak Pro GPS, right next to the headlight for night caching. Amoung other things the handlebar bag holds spare batteries and a ham radio that feed the 2m/70cm antenna mounted on the read carrier.

Geocaching stuff goes into a fanny pack that I wear. The belt for the fanny pack also has the digital camera, as well as carrying cases for the GPS and radio (for those times when I have to leave the bike)

Edited by chris-mouse

This is my baby, strange as she may look.

She is my main ride (even in winter).

In the eight or so years I've owned her,

I've logged more than 15,000 miles,

including a ride from Indianapolis to the east coast

and a nine month tour in Australia,

with only 5 or 6 flat tires (knock, knock).

She ain't pretty but I love her! :laughing:

43e51b8f-d665-46c9-b51a-8281f3bef0f6.jpg

:blink:

Dh and kids. DH rides a Cannondale. DS (4 years) rides on his little green bike with the gator tagalong thingy. And DS (6 years) rides his Target bike no training wheels. They are both getting upgraded at Christmas to new bikes and bigger sizes.

DSC04515.jpg

This is me on my Specialized. And the only reason we don't have our helmets on is because we went camping this weekend and they got left at home, oops! Luckily we only went on the paved trails. And I'm getting a handlebar mount in my stocking this year.

DSC04528.jpg

Edited by Team Snoopy

This is the second place that I have posted this, please wear a helmet. I have brain damage and it is not anything to take lightly. People would be amazed if they knew how many people with head injuries there are around them. If you get brain damage you get a chance to wish for death, learn to walk again, learn to be alone again, try to find a job (especially in this economy), deal with headaches that make you feel like someone is prying your brain apart, try to learn how to let go of the life that was stolen from you (after you mourn for a while, see wish for death), try to be a decent member of society and not an introvert ( you would not believe how hard it is to type this), deal with ridicule from people that don't understand what you are going through and think that you are faking your injury. PLEASE wear a helmet, Please I don't wish this on anyone. Remember a concussion can be received without the head impacting anything. Many people think it can't happen to me, or we all have to die some time. There are worse things than death. I did not get my TBI because of no helmet I was in an industrial accident, but it can happen. If one person will put on a helmet and get helmet hair then I will say it is well with my soul.

Ditto to mule team! I know a lot of people who don't wear helmits and I just can't understand it! Better safe than sorry. I think wearing a helmit looks good!

Sorry, I don't have a picture on hand but my bike is purple and has 7 gears. It's fun to go geocaching with. when I have a picture I'll edit my post.

Helmets? A good idea. There was the time when my family was headed for some caching/wine tasting/crane watching when we got the call that our daughter had taken a fall while riding with her MTB team. Her concussion was bad enough, and without a helmet it would have been far more serious.

Or the time I hit a bad spot on the trail and went over the handlebars. The blood dripping from my face did not stop me from placing the cache I had with me, but without the helmet it may have.

But also beware of the cows. I left my bike to the side of a trail while my daughter and I went a short distance to get a cache. When we returned the cow scientists were busy investigating the bike, peeing on the seat and stepping on the spokes.

Now to see if I have a picture of my bike - a 29 inch Marin. Not as nice as our MTB racing daughters Specialized bike but at least three thousand dollars cheaper. I sometimes get bike envy when my colleague drops into my office to tell me about the latest handlebars he got, but I can live with it. And my gpsr generally stays on the mount.

Edited by Erickson

even if i didn't have to wear a helmet i would, this is what i wear and highly recommend, extra coverage in back:

20001255F.jpg

I used to use a flux, because of the coverage and large vents. But when I did the endo that separated my shoulder it ended up way back of my head, even with the strap adjusted properly. It would just rotate backwards around my skull, making it largely useless at the times I actually needed it. Factor in the huge price and low quality craftsmanship and it's a route I wont go again.

bike.jpg

Decided I needed to improve my fitness so ended up with this, after 21years of not been been bike. Been using it to commute 13 miles (each way) to work, having got ride of the car and spending the money on GPS. It's just possible to make out the GPS mount near the tree pointing towards the seat.

Ending up spending more on extras then originally planned, lights, toe clips, crud catchers and pannier (added after this photo was taken).

The only thing I need now is a steady supply of brake pads/blocks as I'm going through a set about every 6 weeks.

30f6b95d-efc2-4876-84e7-c02a07f08422.jpg

The handlebar mount holds the SporTrak Pro GPS, right next to the headlight for night caching. Amoung other things the handlebar bag holds spare batteries and a ham radio that feed the 2m/70cm antenna mounted on the read carrier.

Geocaching stuff goes into a fanny pack that I wear. The belt for the fanny pack also has the digital camera, as well as carrying cases for the GPS and radio (for those times when I have to leave the bike)

You a member of BMHA? I'm currently putting APRS on my bike and should be out on it in the next week or so. :blink:

I use the handle bar GPS holder on my Trek. It's a Garmin eTrex Vista HCx, and was purchased at REI. It was worth every penny for its convenience. I've even been known to mark the start of a bike caching adventure just so I know how to get back to the car :blink:.