Thank You to K.A.

Stem

These forums are a lot like life. You always here when someone is upset, or there is a problem, but rarely when things are done well. I just want to personally thank KA. I submitted two caches today at 5:30, and by 6:30 both were approved. Way to go KA :D. I think that is an awesome turn around time. The approvers take a lot of crap, and get paid nothing for it. They perform an invaluable service for all geocachers, and deserve our gratitude.

Use this thread to thank your approver, and share a teary eyed moment of how they helped you.

Thanks again KA :o

I had the most rewarding expierence when I adopted my cache.. ty ty ty.. but anyway I really enjoy some of the humor you get from a few approvers. Keystone Appr is one of my favorite's to read up on the log entries. He's got a great sense of humor and his sarcastic wit can be hilarious :o

They do this for free, and get no love for it.

You may all have my bud light.

Well then, they need their own Bud Light Commercial:

Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius

(real men of genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Geocache Approver

(Mr. Geocache Approver)

With nothing but a PC, GPS and infinate amount of patience, you're living the real American dream - complete control over your favorite sport.

(Ammo Box Approved!)

Sure there's danger - thorns, bobcats, bomb squads... and park rangers? Completely out of the question.

(Watch out now!)

Your keen instincts tell you when a cache is in a good place, or wether it's out in the open space of a 100 acre superfund site.

(Bubbling Mud!)

So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light, geo boy, because we all know, when the going gets tough, the tough get better hiking boots.

(Mr. Geocache Approver)

They do this for free, and get no love for it.

You may all have my bud light.

Well then, they need their own Bud Light Commercial:

Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius

(real men of genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Geocache Approver

(Mr. Geocache Approver)

With nothing but a PC, GPS and infinate amount of patience, you're living the real American dream - complete control over your favorite sport.

(Ammo Box Approved!)

Sure there's danger - thorns, bobcats, bomb squads... and park rangers? Completely out of the question.

(Watch out now!)

Your keen instincts tell you when a cache is in a good place, or wether it's out in the open space of a 100 acre superfund site.

(Bubbling Mud!)

So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light, geo boy, because we all know, when the going gets tough, the tough get better hiking boots.

(Mr. Geocache Approver)

:o That is one of the funniest things I've seen. Almost brought tears to my eyes! You should forward that to the Todays Cacher magazine for their humor section.

Just a thought, but those of us who keep them so busy with this thankless job ought to organize an "Appreciate Your Approver" week.

Take the time to send a thank you email, drop them a card, send them a gift certificate or something.

How does the first week in June (since it follows on the heels of Memorial Day Weekend..the unofficial start of summer) sound?

Bret

I haven't placed a cache yet, and therefore haven't needed their help yet. However, the approvers do a service for geocaching, and they do it for free. They deserve every geocachers grattitude whether or not they approve them in an hour!

The approvers take a lot of crap, and get paid nothing for it.

I'm not sure about the others but Groundspeak Inc. pays me quite well for the services of approving and moderating for them. Heck I wouldn't have taken the job otherwise. :lol:

EDIT: typo

Edited by umc

I'm not sure about the others but Groundspeak Inc. pays me quite well for the services of approving and moderating for them. Heck I wouldn't have taken the job otherwise. :lol:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh umc, they dont have to know

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh umc, they dont have to know

The cat's outta the bag.

GPSKitty

Well so far the approvers that have approved mine have done an excellent job,

Jeremy,9Key,erik 88l-r,honeychile,CO Admin,Gln,Tenneessee Geocacher,and working with the ILAdmin.

Thanks for all your great help and guidence to make quality caches for all to enjoy.

If it were not for you we would not have caches to hunt.

Keep up the good work.

As far as pay it comes in many forms

Hey UMC

Lactodorum in the UK has been a great help with my latest batch.

:lol:

MarcB

Lactodorum has also never approved one of my caches :D

Some approvers have all the luck

:D

My caches have been approved by: (in no particular order, although you may notice that it is in reverse-alphabetical order) :D

Tennessee Geocacher (1)

Team Misguided (1)

SoCalAdmin (1)

CO Admin (1)

Brokenwing (1)

9Key (approved 9 caches for me...imagine that!)

I'd like to "second" GEO*Trailblazer 1's commendation for honeychile. I only have two caches hidden (and she actually initially rejected my first attempt), but she has given me a better understanding of what makes a good cache. She is also very quick to respond. I dig that!

Thank you everyone for the kind words offered for me and for the other Groundspeak volunteers.

I wanted to point out a few things to balance all the warm and fuzzy feelings:

1. Whether your cache is listed in 10 minutes or 2 days is sometimes a matter of dumb luck. Most reviewers check the new cache queue a few times each day. If you submitted your cache ten minutes before I plunged into the list of caches, and got yours listed 30 minutes later, you'd say that you received great service. If you submitted your page on Friday afternoon just after I got in the cachemobile to travel across the state to attend an event, and your cache was listed on Sunday evening when I returned, you'd say that you got average or poor service. We do our best to juggle the volunteer duties with our regular lives and also trying to get out and find a few caches. When a reviewer expects to be away from the computer for several days, he or she should ask someone to cover that region.

2. Caches with no issues get listed much faster than caches with issues. If you forget to supply the coordinates for other stages of your multicache, or to explain that the railroad tracks 10 feet from your cache are actually a converted rails to trails, then expect additional lag time while we trade e-mails. Use the "note to reviewer" to communicate this type of information upfront, and you will see faster turnaround.

3. The volunteer reviewers are human and we make mistakes. I have two or three neglected cache issues that I keep postponing. Sometimes I rush and miss an issue posed by a cache, or I overlook an e-mail. When there are 30 other caches and 30 other e-mails waiting, it is challenging. Be patient, polite and persistent and you'll find that the reviewers are easy to work with. But because we are human, we can get testy if that is the tone of your communication to us.

I hope that these tips are helpful. Thanks again for the tribute topic.